Any positive thoughts before Hawks enter gauntlet?…

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The Donks just beat KC and Buffalo. The perceived gap between them and those 2 teams should have led anybody to believe that was not possible, especially in Buffalo. I myself didn't think the Donks had a chance in both those games. So, any perceived gap between the Hawks and the Eagles and 9'ers could be meaningless as well come those game days. Any given (Sunday), right?
Precisely.

I mean (God forbid) any one of: Aaron Donald, Puka, Purdy, Deebo, Dak, etc. could get sick/injured/suspended etc by the time we meet.

Any given Sunday.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Let's go 1-0 against the Rams first. Then worry about other schitt.

Sadly, SF and Philly are about to have a rash of injuries before our games. I've hired Jeff Gillooly to see to it. I'm not sure if he understands that large, muscular adult men may be a harder target than a teen girl. Well, he took the contract, so it's his problem to figure out.

toffee

Reaction score
Coach will have a cranial rectal extraction performed on Geno, and at the same time install a reverse chastity belt so he can not re-insert it.

Geno plays to his capabilities and Seahawks go on a run!

Much easier than extraction, just ask Geno to read fade's threads, he will be so fired up and goes on binge winning

olyfan63

Reaction score
Precisely.

I mean (God forbid) any one of: Aaron Donald, Puka, Purdy, Deebo, Dak, etc. could get sick/injured/suspended etc by the time we meet.

Any given Sunday.
OMG you beat me to it by 1 minute! Are you going to post the GoFundMe fundraiser to help with the Gillooley hire, like we talked about, or do you "know a guy"?

P.S. This is absolutely dead serious and not to be taken as satire or parody. Everybody clear on that? ;-)

rcaido

Reaction score
Yeah i was counting the playoff game and for some reason 3-7 stuck in my head, i think was because we lost in the opener too. But yeah, they didn't necessarily played better the second half. They ended up going 3-6. A complete reversal. The idea that Pete's team playing better in the second half season hasn't been like that since i think 2015.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Yeah i was counting the playoff game and for some reason 3-7 stuck in my head, i think was because we lost in the opener too. But yeah, they didn't necessarily played better the second half. They ended up going 3-6. A complete reversal. The idea that Pete's team playing better in the second half season hasn't been like that since i think 2015.
Also not positive.... Lol

morgulon1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any positive thoughts about what’s about to take place? Or do we all have head up our ass and between our legs?… No one wants to get their hopes up, so we all just sit here and complain about why our hopes weren’t met last time… I’m F’ing Excited!!!

GO!!!…SEAHAWKS!!!…
I would like to be surprised. They have the players.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I consider the games after week 10 to be the most pivotal, because the seasons are changing more to the cold side, and that favors teams that can run the football & also stop other teams from doing the same.

Week 11 @ Los Angeles Rams:
Rams currently own a 3-6 record, have a negative 26 points differential, and are averaging 105 yard per game running the football, while the Hawk's only have a minus 1 points differential and are running for almost 100 yards per game. My take on it is that the Hawk's are improving enough to win this game.

Week 12 Home versus the 49'ers:
These two teams have the same win/loss record at 6-3, but the 49'ers have a positive 109 point differential, and are ranked 6th in rushing at 135 per game. 49'ers are running for about 135 yards per game game so far this year, and I expect them to do that are more against the current Hawk's defensive line. Advantage goes to the 49'ers, but the Seahawks could surprise.

Week 13 @ Dallas Cowboys:
Dallas is also 6-3 currently, but with a +104 points differential, versus the Hawk's minus 1. Dallas in averaging 120 rushing yards per game, but the Hawk's newly acquired Leonard Williams might change that. I expect that Dre Jones will get more repetitions at defensive end, and this will be a very competitive game. Advantage, even.

Week 14 @ San Francisco 49'ers:
I'm predicting a poorly officiated game, and I really don't believe that the Hawk's can do anything about it, unless they just steam roll the 9'ers, and that isn't likely. Advantage 49'ers, because that is what the NFL wants to have happen.

Week 15 Home versus the Eagles:
Eagles are 8-1 for a reason, and that reason would be that the entire rest of the NFL continually allows these Eagles to draft the best defensive linemen every year. They have a positive 57 points differential, and are running the football for about 130 yards per game. Advantage Eagles (the NFL has already decided this game).

Week 16 @ Tennessee Titans:
Titans are 3-6 with a minus 26 point differential, and they usually rush for about 107 yards per game. As the Seahawk's offensive & defensive lines continue to gel, I see the Hawk's winning this game. I could be wrong here, but obviously the Titans are not performing very well, and the Seahawks are getting healthier. Advantage Seahawks.

Week 17 hosting the Pittsburgh Steelers:
This will be an interesting game, as the Steelers are currently holding a record of 6-3 also, and they are averaging over 103 yards per game rushing the football. The Seahawk defense is currently allowing about 355 yards per game, and the Steeler's defense is currently yielding about 380 yards per game. Call it a fight to the end?

It's really anybody's guess, but I do like the Seahawk's chances of possibly advancing beyond the first round of the play-offs this year.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't put much stock in point differential. One bad game (ahem: Ravens) can throw them off quite a bit. Sure, it's an indicator, but it's not the end all be all of stats.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I hope the team isn't thinking "gauntlet" or "tough stretch" when looking at the schedule, because if they do, they are done.

It is what it is, a schedule. Nothing more and nothing less. They cannot control who they play. It's a week to week deal. They can only worry about playing the guy in front of them for the upcoming game.

Fans on the other hand, tend to think of those things and that's fine. It's in the nature of fans to make games bigger than they really are.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Any team can be beat, any given gameday. It's been proven over and over for decades. We are 6-3, not 3-6. We are perfectly capable with all of our talent, to beat any of those teams, and by God, maybe we might even surprise and go 3-2 during that stretch.

It's a scary stretch for sure, but I feel pretty confident for the most part that we will make it out okay.
3-2? What about 4-1? I think if Seattle goes 4-1 or 5-0, the point differential is going to be tiny... in other words, Seattle isn't going to blow the doors off any of these teams.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I can see them maybe splitting with the Niners and taking one from either Dallas or Philly.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I am confident that we shall swipe the gauntlet:
  1. Commanders played the Eagle tough. Look the Eagles' defense of '22 was superb, but after Sean Desai, that '23 defense isn't what it used to be. We can win this one!
  2. 49ers, time to return the favor, and swipe them. Their pass blocking is WORSE than ours, we have a good pass rush and pass coverage, now that Woolen is slowly back to his former self. We can focus on stopping their runs, and they are done.
  3. Cowboys, good but not great, we can do it.
We shall come out of these games smelling like a champion.

PS. I shall ask Geno to read posts by fade, and ask DK and Jamal to visit this forum, that will fire them up!
Swipe their asses and come out smelling like a champion..

I LIKE IT !

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We usually win one game a year that nobody (including our own fans) think we have a chance to win.
(Just like we usually lose one that nobody expects us to lose)
Likely one of these wins comes in this stretch. Probably Philly or Dallas.

toffee

Reaction score
We usually win one game a year that nobody (including our own fans) think we have a chance to win.
(Just like we usually lose one that nobody expects us to lose)
Likely one of these wins comes in this stretch. Probably Philly or Dallas.
That is NFL in a nutshell.