Anyone else nervous about this game?

seabowl

Reaction score
I have been reading lots of posts and overall most seem quite optimistic about the SF game. I on the other hand am not. Maybe it's because of how we played last week. I am mostly concerned about both of our lines vs theirs. We are somewhat patchwork now on the DL and the OL seems like they need some time to re-gel after last weeks debacle. I think the loss of Browner will hurt with physical players like Boldin and V Davis plus on O our TE position is scarily thin (the loss of McCoy was obvious last week). We need another TE to step up other than just Miller.

IMO the key to this game is how our OL does in letting us sustain drives and keeping the SF run game off the field. Should be a good if not great game but I am really nervous going into this one.

Kooshster

Reaction score
Stupidly nervous, and doubly so after hearing the weather report. Rain results in weird plays, especially on things like turnovers, when anything can happen. Have enough strange plays like that can scramble a game so much that even an inferior team can win.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'm also nervous. A little worried about stopping their running game with less than healthy D-line. I am also a little concerned about our offense because we just haven't looked to good through preseason or in Carolina and Lynch has yet to break out.

It would be nice to have Browner but we didn't have him last game.

I hope Me banes groin is not still bothering him and Avril is 100% healthy.

Bright notes though, Jones was out for the last game and Bennett should be ready and is a slight upgrade.

We know their offense and should be able to keep it in check as long as we can slow down the running game but that does scare me some. If I'm Harbaugh I'm not trying to get cute. I'm going to try and keep the game plan simple and easy to execute and try and force the running game. Hopefully Harbaugh out thinks himself again.

We are at home and it will be loud and I think we will see a much better running game from our boys so I think even injured we have a solid shot and if everything is clicking I see another beatdown.

WInning this game in our current state would be huge because we will only get better as the season rolls on.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Kooshster":3pevsfr6 said:
Stupidly nervous, and doubly so after hearing the weather report. Rain results in weird plays, especially on things like turnovers, when anything can happen. Have enough strange plays like that can scramble a game so much that even an inferior team can win.

I see rain as an advantage. Sure it creates an unknown but the moisture helps hold the sound in so it makes it even more difficult for them to execute. I also believe we have the better hussle and speed to get to any loose balls. Sure they can take weird bounces but that goes both ways.

kearly

Reaction score
We are boned if we lose (statistically, I'm guessing the swing in the probably of winning the division is probably 40 points for this game. Maybe something like 55% to 15%), and we could lose this game with bad luck. We are like the Poker player who has 70% odds to win but is ALL IN. He should feel pretty good about his chances, but he should be nervous too.

I think we win, I just don't think it will be comfortable this time. Harbaugh has some tricks up his sleeve. I hope Pete does too. But Harbaugh is one of the scarier X's and O's masterminds in the NFL, so if I'm nervous, that's the source of it.

SSEHAWK

Reaction score
I think the fans from both teams are nervous, a loss to either team is going to make winning the division that much harder, but this game, is in our HOUSE.

seanoob

Reaction score
Just go read Moses Prediction. We got this in the bag.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SSEHAWK":xrw5jpq5 said:
I think the fans from both teams are nervous, a loss to either team is going to make winning the division that much harder, but this game, is in our HOUSE.

FWIW as a 9ers fan (if the 9ers lose tomorrow, which I'm expecting) I'm MUCH more nervous about the game at Candlestick later this year. I'm expecting the teams to split, so I think the fans of whoever is playing on their home court are probably more nervous about that game.

If the 9ers pull out a win tomorrow I'll be okay with them losing to the Hawks later at home and won't be nervous about it. But assuming you guys win tomorrow, the game at the Stick has me really concerned, as the stakes for winning the division are much higher losing two to you guys (or vice versa). Splitting is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things, unless the Rams or Cards are better than everyone thinks.

grizbob

Reaction score
I'm nervous for every game, the bigger the game the bigger the jitters and I've got butterflies the size of elephants for this game. :180670: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Renohawk

Reaction score
The only thing I wish is we would be meeting the Niners at full strength. Will all the injuries including the loss of Harvin, that is my only concern. Now, if we come out of this with a win, OMG, watch out on our next meeting when we are running full strength with Harvin in the mix.

hoxrox

Reaction score
kearly":371asqsw said:
I think we win, I just don't think it will be comfortable this time. Harbaugh has some tricks up his sleeve. I hope Pete does too. But Harbaugh is one of the scarier X's and O's masterminds in the NFL, so if I'm nervous, that's the source of it.

From what I've read they are going to script the first few drives to keep the play calling simple. I see a heavy dose of runs, maybe some trap blocking, and play action to one of their deeper threats. X factor will be the read option of course.

Those first few drives for them will be key.

After that they will go back to their standard "double" play calling where they send 2 plays to the huddle and choose one at the line. Our defense is going to need to disguise some looks to keep them guessing while the crowd causes some delay of game penalties and false starts to throw them off balance.

I will not be surprised to see Pete and Bevell use some tricks of their own, and come out attacking with big plays. This 9ers D really isn't that scary. They can be scored on especially at home. As long as we don't try to do too much with the run game as admitted by Carroll last week, we should be fine.

And yes this game has playoff implications although I think we still have a good chance of beating them in their house with guys like Irvin, Clem, Big play Browner and Harvin back in the mix.

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Weadoption

Reaction score
Ya, well I'm nervous about RW ultimately developing into a more mobile version of Drew Brees with the escapability of Barry Sanders.
guy can make a D line say, "what?!? whatever dude just throw it or run I'm dyin here..."

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Just don't look at the elephant in the room!

Thread thread go away come back another day.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Of course. Their O looks like it's in midseason form and we needed a couple breaks to put 12 points on the board. Obviously we had a much tougher situation than they did, but we all know our O looked like it is coming out of the gates slowly again.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
After watching the o line...yes. The niners are gonna try and hurt Wilson with every play...and I am afraid it may just happen. It was an awful performance by the o line last week. No holes for Lynch either. The best thing is that its a home game and you guys going better be LOUD. Kapernick had all sorts of problems last year with the noise.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If any Seahawks fan says they don't have even a twinge of fear/nervousness, they are lying.

sutz

Reaction score
Not really. Crowd noise will give our D-line the standard extra half step and Kap has yet to figure out how to beat our secondary. After the December debacle, Harbaugh will probably keep the early game plan simple, trying to moot the crowd noise. This will most likely be another test of our run D, which was a bit susptect in Carolina. On our side, I suspect we'll go deep early to exploit their secondary and open up running lanes a bit, which we didn't really do in Carolina. We can use rollouts and planned scrambles to lessen the effect of their pass rush. If we get the early lead, it's pretty much over in our favor.

I don't expect a blowout, but I'm not really worried about winning. If the team is focused, and I believe they will be, they'll win by 7-10 points.

This is probably as close as it gets to a playoff atmosphere in September. I hate to hang too much on an early game like this, but like Kip said, the loser has a bit of a hill to climb for winning the division, and it actually makes the later game in the 'Stick that much more important.

Decimation

Reaction score
Surprisingly, I felt more nervous for the Panthers game. I hate road games..

But, I feel comfortable with this upcoming game. Mostly because we have Russell Wilson, a good defense, the 12th man.. etc.

San Fran is a good team and this will be the ultimate challenge for our boys. Win or lose, we still have the Jaguars next week so I'm fairly optimistic.

Latest posts