Anyone Else Think the #12 "Fan" Jerseys Are Dumb

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Ranker777":1man63px said:
BlueTalons":1man63px said:
It's been that way from the beginning and if you really think about, it makes sense. That's the jersey I wear on game days; that's what makes us a "part of the team." Have no problem with those that put their own names them either. It's tradition - embrace it or move on. Sorry...I would have to question any "true" fan that doesn't get it...

You're not part of the team.

Exhibit A

Killa Kam

Reaction score
I understand why people get them, but i kind of agree the 12 is fine to me but the "Fan" on the back is kind of corny imo.

I've never been much of a jersey collector, only own 2 (Alexander/Lynch) but I'd be pretty pissed if a players jersey that I own were to leave with a year or 2 after spending over $100 on that jersey so I understand why people would rather buy one with Fan on the back

Bprez3

Reaction score
IMHO, I think it's strange for grown men to wear a jersey with another man's name. For kids it makes sense as they view the players as heroes.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Bprez3":6uplak16 said:
IMHO, I think it's strange for grown men to wear a jersey with another man's name. For
kids it makes sense as they view the players as heroes.

Bprez3....You just here so you won't be fined?

Bprez3

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2gwnsf2c said:
Bprez3":2gwnsf2c said:
IMHO, I think it's strange for grown men to wear a jersey with another man's name. For
kids it makes sense as they view the players as heroes.

Bprez3....You just here so you won't be fined?

First thing I felt comfortable commenting on recently

A

Anonymous

Hawk-Lock":3qmvfi1g said:
Anyone else feel this way? I love being a part of the "12th man" here in Seattle, but don't really understand why anyone would want to by a jersey that says "Fan" on the back. To me, it's just kind of corny.

Sorry if I offended anyone, i'm sure many posters on here have that jersey. Just seeing if anyone else has the same feeling.

I think it is crazy to buy one and not personalize it with your name or username or something.

I mean, they give you the opportunity to customize it when you buy it online.

:roll:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm fine with the 12 because the number was retired for the Fans. But I just don't like the word "fan" on the back. We're fans, that's pretty damn obvious. Would preferred if it just says "Seahawks" on the back.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":omdumaan said:
Hawk-Lock":omdumaan said:
Anyone else feel this way? I love being a part of the "12th man" here in Seattle, but don't really understand why anyone would want to by a jersey that says "Fan" on the back. To me, it's just kind of corny.

Sorry if I offended anyone, i'm sure many posters on here have that jersey. Just seeing if anyone else has the same feeling.

I think it is crazy to buy one and not personalize it with your name or username or something.

I mean, they give you the opportunity to customize it when you buy it online.

:roll:

I did not buy mine online. I saw them on sale at a Shopko here and bought it there. :thirishdrinkers:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I don't think any Hawks jersey is dumb...well except the neon green one...yes I have one of those too...

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Someone bothered by a 12 jersey and thinks its tacky must not remember when fans were only known for the Blue Wave, and only stood up when the wave came around again. Today they only sit dwn when they go to comercial time out. They Seahawks gave them the number - Where it proudly..

Tical21

Reaction score
It represents that the fans are taking the field with the team. There is a 12th player on the field with them with the last name of "Fan". I think the whole concept is pretty cool.

However, the life the thing has taken on, and the whole "Twelves" thing is really annoying.

TAB420

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":1l0xf8e1 said:
Well, #12 won't get traded or take a pretend dump in front of the world. We got that going for us. Low risk of issues arising.

Myself, I ride with #24.

Sums it up for me. I bought my boy a #11 Super Bowl jersey, about two weeks before he was traded.

Pinoihawks12

Reaction score
12 is definitely a safe jersey to buy though many like to call it the bandwagon jersey. I've stuck to 12 because of what happened every time I bought or even wore an actual player jersey. My first jersey was a Shaun Alexander one in 2007 when he started going down hill. Next was Patrick Kerney then he announced his retirement. Now I didn't buy it but I was close to buying a Matt Flynn jersey and took a mirror shot of wearing the jersey. Right afterwards was the Kansas City Game were obviously Russell won the QB job.

I saw a guy wearing the previous jersey designs with a 12 and a Man on the back. I think thats a better way of doing it than putting FAN.

TAB420

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":10wf0uss said:
They are super lame

I do the 12 with a personal name on the back, like "BigDaddyT" How can you be a 12 and think the 12 jersey is dumb? This makes my aSS twitch.

chris98251

Reaction score
TAB420":1deypnhb said:
ImTheScientist":1deypnhb said:
They are super lame

I do the 12 with a personal name on the back, like "BigDaddyT" How can you be a 12 and think the 12 jersey is dumb? This makes my aSS twitch.

That topic is best for the Shack.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I would like to see the Seahawks only sell them inside stadium.

To me, it's a badge of honor jersey.
You earn the right to wear that jersey.
Put in the yellin work, buy a 12 jersey.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Any more dumb than paying $100+ dollars fora players jersey, then 2 years later they are playing for another team? No.