Anyone Else Think the #12 "Fan" Jerseys Are Dumb

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That part is kind of strange. Um, we already know you're a "fan" if you bought the jersey.
Might better with just the 12 and no name.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3nko4lfv said:
I like the number 12 but the word fan is extremely lame.

This is where I am also.

I want a Wolf Gray number 12 that says "HOLY CATFISH" on it but this is too long apparently. I havent yet thought of anything else I want for 10 characters.

Also where can you get a retro jersey that isnt Largent?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
There have been many threads over the years that have something to do with comparing your fandom to someone else's fandom.

Each one has dragged on way too long and accomplished nothing.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The entire concept of buying jerseys is dumb. It's dumb for an adult male to spend $100 for a glorified T shirt made from synthetic material that does not look as good or fit as well as regular T shirt, all so they can put another man's name on their back. What a racket.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
First of all, the point of this thread wasn't about caring what other people wear. Obviously no one should care what someone wears or how they dress. I was just asking whether or not YOU like them.

I could care less what other people wear. You can get a 12th man jersey and put "PERSON" on the back and I wouldn't care. All I'm saying is I would never buy a 12 jersey.

I will say this though. I'm well aware that most NFL fans hate the Hawk fan base. I'm sure 90% of NFL fans cringe when they see Hawk fans wearing the 12 FAN jersey.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":t5h8jfqr said:
The entire concept of buying jerseys is dumb. It's dumb for an adult male to spend $100 for a glorified T shirt made from synthetic material that does not look as good or fit as well as regular T shirt, all so they can put another man's name on their back. What a racket.

Watching football itself is pretty dumb, but I still do it. I wouldn't do the 12 jersey thing (have never even done the jersey thing), but it's just different layers of ridiculousness.

Whatever makes you guys happy, do it, so long as you're not being a giant douche to other people in the process.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":22jc5g75 said:
I will say this though. I'm well aware that most NFL fans hate the Hawk fan base. I'm sure 90% of NFL fans cringe when they see Hawk fans wearing the 12 FAN jersey.

Good! When I wear my "pathetic/silly/dumb/useless" #12 jersey, I don't give a rats @$$ what anyone thinks about it, Hawks fans or otherwise. :mrgreen:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I think the whole concept of the 12th man is dumb, but who cares? Whatever blows your hair back.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm all for the 12 jerseys for a couple reasons. First reason being that almost anything that annoys the hell out of other fanbases is a good thing. Second reason being that I think having the strong '12' identity helps foster a hardcore attitude in the fanbase, which leads to more diehard fans, more sellouts, and louder games. The 12 flag also works really nicely as a symbol of civic pride and harmless tribalism.

grizbob

Reaction score
kearly":3g9oz9gw said:
I'm all for the 12 jerseys for a couple reasons. First reason being that almost anything that annoys the hell out of other fanbases is a good thing. Second reason being that I think having the strong '12' identity helps foster a hardcore attitude in the fanbase, which leads to more diehard fans, more sellouts, and louder games. The 12 flag also works really nicely as a symbol of civic pride and harmless tribalism.

:13: and some of us can't afford to be jersey snobs :p

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Can we at least all agree that we would much rather have "SEAHAWK" or something along those lines than "FAN" on the back? To me, it's pretty obvious you are a "FAN" if you are wearing a Seahawk jersey. Might as well just put "HUMAN BEING" on the back.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2jdroejc said:
Can we at least all agree that we would much rather have "SEAHAWK" or something along those lines than "FAN" on the back? To me, it's pretty obvious you are a "FAN" if you are wearing a Seahawk jersey. Might as well just put "HUMAN BEING" on the back.

Why do we all have to agree?

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Cartire":28sgufmm said:
Hawk-Lock":28sgufmm said:

Why do we all have to agree?

Ok not all, but do YOU agree?

Crizilla

Reaction score
i dont get why it says fan youre obviously a fan for wearing the jersey

should just have a 12 on it

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm just looking forward to the next phase of the football fan evolution.

Watch some footage of games during the Largent era, and notice most fans just wear clothes (not even particularly color coded), with smatterings of fans in Seahawks hats or shirts.

Today, nearly everyone is wearing something licensed. If not a jersey, at least an official shirt or hat.

Tomorrow... Full uniforms. Jerseys, pants, pads, spikes and helmets. It sounds expensive, so I'll get Chinese knockoffs and probably end up looking like a Mad Max extra.

SeahawkSack

Reaction score
I'm more than happy to wear #12, it sets us apart! However, I admit I had to get used to the FAN. At least it's better than my Mirer & Boulware jerseys.

I think the thing that changed my mind on the FAN is the simple fact that we are hanging from the rafters at Century Link next to Largent, Kennedy and Jones. So count me in on FAN.

Hqdefault

Latest posts