Anyone Else Think the #12 "Fan" Jerseys Are Dumb

idahawks

Reaction score
Bprez3":3tyhz1z1 said:
IMHO, I think it's strange for grown men to wear a jersey with another man's name. For kids it makes sense as they view the players as heroes.

Ditto, I think its kind of corny for a grown man to wear a Wilson jersey. Different for kids. Fan is our role, its shows who we are, we aren't running the ball for the hawks or making or losing thousands of dollars on each play. And as adults we never will. Kids can dream.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1a4ghq2w said:
KARAVARUS":1a4ghq2w said:
You DO have a problem with it. That's what your post is about. Anyone who is butt hurt by your opinion, well, that's on them.

All that needs to be said in defense of the the "FAN" jersey is that that is how it reads hanging from the rafters. If you don't like that, not my problem. If you can't afford to get one with your name, get FAN. It's just about the stupidest thing to nitpick.

You're the one getting all worked up. :D

All worked up? That's rich. Thin skin much?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2lg6pjtn said:
I don't care even a little bit what another person wears. If they love the Hawks, sweet.
They could have a jersey that says Butt Nugget, don't care.
Butt Nugget>>fan

BIGNORMANHAND

Reaction score
I always figured they went with "FAN" instead of "MAN" so they could sell more jerseys.
You know, to like, women and children and stuff. So seeing "FAN" on there always just makes
me think of some attempted smooth marketing ploy that sounds really doofy. Like calling
the customers at Target, "guests".

Personally, I think it would have been great if they put "HAWKS" or "GO HAWKS" across the
back, but god only knows they don't want people with the surname "HAWKS" getting a
personalized jersey at no extra cost. Ha ha ha.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
I think the 12 thing as a whole is super overhyped and lame. I don't really get any of it.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Do what makes you happy, but please wear pants. However anyone wearing an 80 Rice jersey, or an Aaron Curry jersey you are dead to me, and the cheapest bastards on earth.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread but my mom just got me a #12 FAN jersey for my birthday. I wasn't sure how to tell her in a nice way that I wanted to exchange it. So I told her I wanted a different size so she gave me the receipt.

Think I'm going to get either a Lynch jersey or a Graham jersey.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me but I get why it does some. I have one, plus a Lynch, Wilson and Sherman jersey. I've been meaning to get a custom elite 12 jersey with AROS on the back but I keep buying RC airplanes. I need to get my priorities straight. One day I swear.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2g2c3wbg said:
Anyone else feel this way? I love being a part of the "12th man" here in Seattle, but don't really understand why anyone would want to by a jersey that says "Fan" on the back. To me, it's just kind of corny.

Sorry if I offended anyone, i'm sure many posters on here have that jersey. Just seeing if anyone else has the same feeling.

No.

King Dog

Reaction score
idahohawk":1y0ac20c said:
Hawk-Lock":1y0ac20c said:
Anyone else feel this way? I love being a part of the "12th man" here in Seattle, but don't really understand why anyone would want to by a jersey that says "Fan" on the back. To me, it's just kind of corny.

Sorry if I offended anyone, i'm sure many posters on here have that jersey. Just seeing if anyone else has the same feeling.

No.

You on WKC?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I think it looks stupid and my response is just to not buy it. I like the #12 and all, but I my preference would have been if it just said "Seahawks" on the back.

I dont have an issue with people buying it, it's a nice way to buy a jersey and not risk having it be outdated once the player is cut/traded/retires.

But yeah I won't be buying it for myself. My plan for when Lynch is no longer on the team (for hopefully retirement reasons), is to get a jersey with my personal number on it and my last name, but hoping the team doesn't change jerseys anytime soon. I think the 5 year thing will be up soon though.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1jrrgqca said:
Sorry to bump an old thread but my mom just got me a #12 FAN jersey for my birthday. I wasn't sure how to tell her in a nice way that I wanted to exchange it. So I told her I wanted a different size so she gave me the receipt.

Think I'm going to get either a Lynch jersey or a Graham jersey.

I was gonna say, "Holy resurrection, Batman." But then I read this, and thought it was a rather ironic tale. 10/10

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Honestly I find it a bit weird. Here in the Netherlands soccer supporters of every team are generally regarded as being the 12th man. So the idea of the fans being a 12th man isn't strange to me but why blow it up this big? It's just not anything special in my eyes so I would rather buy a shirt from a great player even if he could be gone any moment than a gimmick shirt.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1mw4bcjo said:

Ummmmm.......no.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Caring what another person is wearing, let along caring what other people think about what you wear???

That is what is dumb

Vetamur

Reaction score
Overseasfan":4lkm9cbz said:
Honestly I find it a bit weird. Here in the Netherlands soccer supporters of every team are generally regarded as being the 12th man. So the idea of the fans being a 12th man isn't strange to me but why blow it up this big? It's just not anything special in my eyes so I would rather buy a shirt from a great player even if he could be gone any moment than a gimmick shirt.

Youre obviously a fairly new fan.. you might want to look up WHY it became a big deal. It wasnt a conscious decision at first.. it was organic. In the 80s the fans in Seattle started to really take proud in the volume of their cheering, and to notice how much if effected the game. It created a bond between the players and the city. The NFL even stepped in and created a noise rule.. it didnt last long. Thats where it started and thats how its stayed, to the point that many national reporters marvel at the atmosphere in Seattle, likening it to a college town when it comes to football. Theres nothing like it, and Ive been around. And its not a "well youre a fan so you think so..".. note how often players leave Seattle and lament their new teams crowd and city dont have the same relationship, the most recent being Golden Tate.

That said, I dont have a "12" jersey..

Latest posts