Anyone else think the Vikings beat the 49ers?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It all comes down to the perpetually underperforming in big games Cousins vs the great unknown, but underappreciated, Garropolo.

I don't believe Cousins has another one in him, against a defense that is far superior to the one he faced in NO.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":49z9s8ip said:
At least Golden Rings gets it. That's a lot better than "Nope" or "No Chance"
Come on, ANY team in the NFC could get to the Superb Owl. All 4 teams are very capable.
To act like the Vikings have zero change is plain dumb. I think the Niners WILL win, but it certainly wouldn't be some huge shocker if the Vikings win. Shoot, they just knocked off the Saints. Saints are every bit as good as the almighty 49ers.
As weird as it is, if Cousins is on his game I think the Vikings might be the most talented team in the NFC. So yes, they can definitely beat the 49ers.

It depends on which version of Cousins and which version of Garoppolo show up.

253hawk":49z9s8ip said:
Well just based on the extensive use of outside zone it's clear he has had some sort of influence on Kyle Shanahan ({although perhaps indirectly via Gary Kubiak, but I'm sure Kyle growing up seeing it is why it's a staple of his offense).

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
knownone":2a158i1y said:
NINEster":2a158i1y said:
I thought the 49ers and Jimmy were underrated in that first game against the Vikings. They did move the ball on Zimmer a lot better than the final score indicated. Given the noise of that stadium it was a decent outing.

Now with a more complete team, more experienced Kyle and Jimmy G, the bye week, 3 important guys coming back, I just don't see the Niners dropping to the Vikings. If so, it would mean that the Vikings really picked up on some kind of weakness that other teams couldn't. Or maybe the 49ers pass rush has truly failed.

And if the Vikings do win this game, they better go to the Super Bowl or I'll add them to my hated list!! :)
How bad were people rating Jimmy after that game for his performance to be underrated? He threw 1 TD and 3 picks, completed 48% of his passes, and had a QB rating of 45.1 in his first game against the Vikings.

I don't think the Vikings would need to exploit any major weakness to beat you guys. They just need to keep the game close going into crunch time, and if they can do that, anything can happen. I mean shoot, that's exactly what the Ravens, Seahawks, and Falcons did.

Interesting. I didn't know the 9/18 team was the exact same team as 1/20 team. NOT.

We have multiple Pro Bowl level players on this current team who were not even on that team in the beginning of 2018. Wow if you think that is the same team I have no idea what to even say. You don't pay much attention to the 49ers roster. Bosa on defense holding the other team down and Pro Bowl level player was not even on that team. Neither was Dee Ford, Kwon Alexander. Nor was Emmanuel Sanders our #1 WR. The emergence of Deebo Samuel at #2 WR who was not even a part of that group. It was total garbage pile WR's out there. Multiple new offensive linemen as well and some better ones. Blocking is better. In particular Brunskill. Further you are looking at 1 game of Garoppolo. I can find 1 bad game of Russell Wilson and say he is a bad QB. If you look at the stats and especially wins and losses Garoppolo has been very good over the long term. No QB is 1 game as much as you want to make it so.

Look at how that team finished. Look at where this team finished. The 9/18 team is not the same team as 1/20 team. It's night and day. Just a dramatic talent difference. It's not the same team at all. Not even close. If the Vikings are hoping for that group #1 they are gone. #2 they are going to get blown out. Because this group is vastly more talented. By leaps and bounds. It's not close.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Personally as a 49er fan, if they 49ers don't dominate them from beginning to end, I'm not sure I want them winning (that's not really true - it's more complicated than that, so don't judge me fellow 49er fans). This has been a great season. 13-3 and a divisional round birth is amazing based on the last few years.

But what's the point of going deep in the playoffs if you're not good enough to win the Super Bowl? And I feel like if they can't make quick work of the Vikings they are not clearly the best team in the league.

Yes, I know, this is an absurd position. But, again, what's the point of going to the big game to get blown out by Baltimore? So (a) I'm still not convinced this team is truly good enough and (b) if they aren't, I'm not sure I want to see them limp beyond.

Then again, limpers sometimes get lucky. I need a drink. :vodka:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm feeling like Rings said but about the Hawks. My wish is that we go into the game tomorrow and keep it competitive. I can deal with any result if that happens but don't want to get Broncoed, not by GB, not by SF and not by the Ravens.

ClarkForTheWin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2iwejp99 said:
I can't help but wonder if we're about to see a new Kirk Cousins. He finally got over the big game hump. He might walk in with swagger and confidence now in a way he never has before.

I confess I'm actually rather curious to see how the Vikings-49ers game unfolds. There are several different outcomes I can easily see happening.

:pukeface:

Let me guess? You are running for office or are currently in office? Do you ride the fence often?

The 49ers will win this game by 15+ because the NINERS Defensive front four will take advantage of the Vikings banged up left side.

The 49ers offense will score early and often attacking on the outside with Deebo and Sanders and in the middle with George Kittle. The Vikings have never seen Kyles run game . The Vikings are introuble today.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3qh5vjnj said:
Personally as a 49er fan, if they 49ers don't dominate them from beginning to end, I'm not sure I want them winning (that's not really true - it's more complicated than that, so don't judge me fellow 49er fans). This has been a great season. 13-3 and a divisional round birth is amazing based on the last few years.

But what's the point of going deep in the playoffs if you're not good enough to win the Super Bowl? And I feel like if they can't make quick work of the Vikings they are not clearly the best team in the league.

Yes, I know, this is an absurd position. But, again, what's the point of going to the big game to get blown out by Baltimore? So (a) I'm still not convinced this team is truly good enough and (b) if they aren't, I'm not sure I want to see them limp beyond.

Haha. Blown out by Baltimore? They barely beat us by a FG at their house in a driving rain storm. Only because they had the ball last. Also we had some injuries on defense which hurt our chances of slowing them down. Yeah this team is "good enough." We are as good as anybody left and have a chance to win it. Nothing in life is guaranteed. But yeah we are good enough.

Washington49er

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3vrmipbn said:

You're overthinking it, get past the Vikings first. Not worried about Ravens, they still haven't made it yet either.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ClarkForTheWin":2bv02ggi said:
:pukeface:

Let me guess? You are running for office or are currently in office? Do you ride the fence often?

The 49ers will win this game by 15+ because the NINERS Defensive front four will take advantage of the Vikings banged up left side.

The 49ers offense will score early and often attacking on the outside with Deebo and Sanders and in the middle with George Kittle. The Vikings have never seen Kyles run game . The Vikings are introuble today.
I virtually never ride the fence. Anyone here can tell you I'm a poster of strong opinions. I'm riding the fence in my post above because...why? I'm not rooting hard for one particular side? Part of playoff football is enjoying good match-ups. I'd be happy to get a re-match with you clowns, or to potentially host the NFCCG with the Vikings coming to town, assuming we can take care of business against Green Bay.

I think you guys win today, but it's far from a foregone conclusion. Sometimes players DO turn corners, you know.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
the deliciousness of watching the niners get beat today would be hard to beat, especially with the niner jock riding the pregamie is serving up. Oh yessss please.

NJlargent

Reaction score
The niners are winning this game easily. It will be over by halftime .

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
NJlargent":3m6zca5c said:
I can foresee no way that happens. Both of these teams are extremely balanced and loaded with talent on both sides. Honestly I have a nagging suspicion a couple bounces will go the Vikings way early on. Feeling like the 49ers aren't going to be ready emotionally, and not that they'll be choking under the pressure, but the exact opposite: that they'll be too relaxed. And THEN they'll start feeling hte pressure.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ClarkForTheWin":t2xlrsqh said:

NJlargent":t2xlrsqh said:

NJ, your prediction is looking spot-on right now as of halftime, I must say. :lol:

xray

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3tvfivti said:
ClarkForTheWin":3tvfivti said:

NJlargent":3tvfivti said:

NJ, your prediction is looking spot-on right now as of halftime, I must say. :lol:

Right now ; SF looks like real SB contender ; but 1 quarter left...all kinds of chit can happen . :irishdrinkers:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
xray":1szkbp8s said:
Right now ; SF looks like real SB contender ; but 1 quarter left...all kinds of chit can happen . :irishdrinkers:
They were definitely looking like the better team; and turned out to be, obviously. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Vikes looked like their entire team plus the coaching staff has been drunk since they knocked off N.O.
Cousins looked like ass and the offensive coaching staff looked they went to the Darrell Bevell school of playcalling.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Welcome back, Niners fans!

81853561_2852942918061829_8327972583722975232_n.jpg

James in PA

Reaction score
Welp, that was a thrilling, competitive game .... not! Same ole Vikes. I guess they thought they won the Owl after upsetting New Orleans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClarkForTheWin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22pv251y said:
Welcome back, Niners fans!

81853561_2852942918061829_8327972583722975232_n.jpg

You sound butt hurt?

If you actually knew anything about the 49ers you would understand that the 49ers have been SOLD OUT every year going back to the 80's. Who sits in the seats is a different story. As a 53 year old season ticket holder I understand this.

But you are obviously not well informed .

I predicted the 49ers would own the Vikings and win by 15+.

Good Luck at Lambeau tommorow. You will need it. I hope the Seahawks win.

It will be nice to see the Seahawks lose at Levi's Stadium in the NFC Championship Game.

The Seahawks have never played a healthy 49er team on both sides of the ball.

It won't be close regardless of what MARVIN thinks.

Latest posts