Anyone else worried about Earl?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
During Earl's arrival interview, he talked about coming up with a "tackling plan" and "REALLY have trust my teammates" because of his shoulder. Will we see the Pats taking advantage of seems and posts because of this? Not a good feeling.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ET was making some big time plays in the NFC Championship with a separated shoulder. He even practiced on Friday, even though he probably didn't need to, which tells me he is going to be fine after another week of rehab. The only question is whether the defense as a whole will continue to fire on all cylinders with so many guys banged up.

The other good news is that Jeron Johnson was also back practicing after missing the last two games. JJ is a great player to have in reserve and on special teams.

Thank God for these two weeks. They came at just the right time.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
He also said he will go all out as usuall and let whatever happens, happen

OP
OP
HawKnPeppa

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":1vsxe8b1 said:
I said , im really hurt...you should try me.

This is what I'm hoping for. He seems like such a forthright character that it's almost unimaginable for him to fake it, but we'll see.

Maulbert

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1fd4vrdw said:
Sterlinghawk":1fd4vrdw said:

This is what I'm hoping for. He seems like such a forthright character that it's almost unimaginable for him to fake it, but we'll see.

I would think of it more as gamesmanship than lying. Although he does seem more the type to tell you exactly what he's going to do to you and and succeed at it even though you know it's coming.

KatarHol

Reaction score
Maulbert":33vxrsdw said:
HawKnPeppa":33vxrsdw said:
Sterlinghawk":33vxrsdw said:

I would think of it more as gamesmanship than lying. Although he does seem more the type to tell you exactly what he's going to do to you and and succeed at it even though you know it's coming.
This seems like wishful thinking. Earl didn't sound confident about his injury in the tone of his voice.

BASF

Reaction score
Not at all, he will be able to drop interceptions just as well as he always does.

As far as tackling, he will put it all on the line in the heat of the moment. That is the kind of man he is.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
With a newly separated shoulder, ET put this hit on Eddie Lacy that sent the bruising back crashing into the Seahawks bench. A week from now he will be more than fine.

SleepyFoolhardyFugu.gif

gulliver

Reaction score
Calling it "gamesmanship" and imagining he's exaggerating/faking it for effect is self-delusion to the max.

The dude has a separated shoulder; that takes MONTHS to heal, and in some cases, NEVER heals properly--certainly not to the point where you can crush RBs into the sideline crowd play after play within 14 days.

He also said something I saw where he was like "I'm banged up, I'm hurt but I'm still gonna fight" and "this is my first major injury."

That does not inspire confidence. I expect him to give it his all but I also expect them to test him, and I just hope he can go all game long. You have to understand, if you work at a DESK for a living you're not supposed to go play ultimate frisbee for 2 months... Earl Thomas is gonna try to lay the wood to 265-pound TEs in the NFL for 4 hours.

It's serious, folks, and yeah, I'm worried.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Funny that you posted so dramatically after a post demonstrating Earl using his injured shoulder to lay the wood on a 260 pound running back. Then had the audacity to mention ultimate frisbee. Do people still play that? Other than kids that don't go home over the summer break from college.

Smellyman

Reaction score
seperated shoulders and dislocated shoulders are different and depending on grades etc.

Who knows what he has? It has been pretty quiet on the severity.

byau

Reaction score
I'm worried .. and I'm not.

I'm worried because Earl does not seem to be the kind of guy who would do the gamesmanship thing. I don't think it's even in his vocabulary.

He is wired differently from all of us, and I get the feeling that what he says is true

I'm also worried that it is his first major injury (his words)

Adding to my worry is Richard Sherman's injury

I'm not worried (or else I'm not letting it get to me) because

* the way these guys play, they are probably banged up all the time, and you don't really notice

* the trainers are taking care of them as best as they can

* adrenalin

* the LOB family. Next man up. Take care of each other

It is a huge blow to have one of the all-pros injured, but considering the tear the D has gone on, and the will to win the whole team has been showing, and that the injuries are giving everyone two weeks to get their heads into the right place to battle on, I think they are mentally as prepared as they will ever be, and that will lift everyone's game up a notch, and that is our team's X factor

Maulbert

Reaction score
gulliver":1alc71y7 said:
Calling it "gamesmanship" and imagining he's exaggerating/faking it for effect is self-delusion .

Everyone here seems to have misunderstood my gamesmanship comment. What I meant wasn't that I thought he wasn't telling the truth. What I meant was that IF he wasn't telling the truth, I would think of it as gamesmanship, not lying, because the previous poster said he had trouble believing Earl would lie. Please read everything and don't just assume.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I actually have the opposite feeling about Earl. Not the least bit worried.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Earl's playing them. He's probably not be 100% but who is, and after seeing what he did for 3 quarters last week AFTER he tweeked his shoulder... not worried about Earl at all.

Ultimate Frisbee?? Really?? SMH. I'm guessing badminton is off the table?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
If he can hit Lacy the way he did after the injury occurred, it eases my concern somewhat.

He's limited in practice this week, as he should be. To me that means he's probably doing everything except hitting.

I'd say I'm concerned, but not exactly worried. I's Earl.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Not all shoulder separations are created equal. It all depends on what kind Earl has. Given how hard Earl practices, I imagine all of this is aimed at eliminating any chance of further injury prior to the game. Since he'll remain limited in practice all week, he'll have to keep addressing it.

If he's on the field, he'll be a missile, doing what he does. Nothing is going to stop Earl from playing the way he plays.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
BASF":13284n3k said:
Not at all, he will be able to drop interceptions just as well as he always does.

As far as tackling, he will put it all on the line in the heat of the moment. That is the kind of man he is.

The comment about dropping INTs made me chuckle. How many times have we seen Earl get frustrated at failing to haul in thw INT?

Latest posts