Anyone surprised at the lack of mention of Browner by plyrs?

seabowl

Reaction score
I know he screwed up but Brandon Browner was an intregal part of the LOB for most of its existence. With this said I have not seen even one mention of his name with regards to credit in helping this team through the last 2 years. Again I and everyone know what a dumb thing he did but it seems this dude was left in the dust and his playing buddies have not even acknowledged him in the least. Maybe he is not deserving but I have to admit with the way this group of players is with regards to having each other's back I am a little surprised.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
HighlandHawk":2eh26q19 said:
They've mentioned and thanked him multiple times on Twitter

I did not see this, thanks. Was he at the parade?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He was not introduced at the stadium event. I watched it on NWCN and online.

Exittium

Reaction score
Per his suspension I also believe he can't be around the team, or any team facilities.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sherman and he were hanging out in LA a couple days ago. Browner posted a video (pretty hard to see) of some hotties holding up "L" "O" "B" signs at a club. I think Kam was there as well. I heard the players mention him and giving him love on Twitter. The team's PR staff probably has them keeping interactions or mentions of him at a minimum. Who knows what all the rules are for dealing with a suspended player?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BB, Kam, Sherm, and Maxwell just went on vacation together (Vegas, I think). ET mentioned earlier that he still talks to BB all the time. There have been multiple shout-outs on Twitter, as mentioned.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think the team members remember him fondly but due to his suspension status are not allowed to be around him at least where the team is concerned.

I feel like Browner is the guy that taught the LOB the tactics of hitting receivers that don't get the ball every play. No one seemed to really understand the message he brought including the officials at first. He made the point that once someone else catches the ball the other receivers are then considered downfield blockers and can be hit with impunity.

All that was really brought to the fore last season in the Green Bay game when Browner knocked Jennings on his ass with a hit from the side. Jennings was so pissed he came after Browner and BB again made him look like an idiot and held him down until the official got there to break it up.

Jennings complained to the officials and Browner said "he was a downfield blocker so I treated him like one". No penalty was called on the play. And as I've mentioned several times I heard when Jennings got home and found out Browner was right he called and apologized for his actions.

The rest is history. Now the entire defense acts like that, when someone catches the ball all the rest of the receivers get "downfield blocked" whenever they get a chance.

You know,,,,gives them something to think about other than catching the ball.

:D

jblaze

Reaction score
I'm sure BB will always be a friend of the LOB but they all know he's gone so from a football perspective, he's another ex-teammate.

Exittium

Reaction score
The Radish":28nmkmkx said:
I think the team members remember him fondly but due to his suspension status are not allowed to be around him at least where the team is concerned.

I feel like Browner is the guy that taught the LOB the tactics of hitting receivers that don't get the ball every play. No one seemed to really understand the message he brought including the officials at first. He made the point that once someone else catches the ball the other receivers are then considered downfield blockers and can be hit with impunity.

All that was really brought to the fore last season in the Green Bay game when Browner knocked Jennings on his ass with a hit from the side. Jennings was so pissed he came after Browner and BB again made him look like an idiot and held him down until the official got there to break it up.

Jennings complained to the officials and Browner said "he was a downfield blocker so I treated him like one". No penalty was called on the play. And as I've mentioned several times I heard when Jennings got home and found out Browner was right he called and apologized for his actions.

The rest is history. Now the entire defense acts like that, when someone catches the ball all the rest of the receivers get "downfield blocked" whenever they get a chance.

You know,,,,gives them something to think about other than catching the ball.

:D

He'd be decent after his suspension as maybe some intern D coach somewhere like.. here and work his way up, and he can stay with his LOB buddies.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
These guys are brothers... They'll always have each other's backs. LOB minus Thomas celebrated in Vegas this past weekend with Browner

Ypara5eb

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":2oz753z5 said:
I heard a rumor that BB is getting a ring.

I would hope so. The team can give rings to whomever they choose. I would bet receiving one will be bittersweet for BB.

Tical21

Reaction score
He abandoned them when they needed him most, why send him love?

jblaze

Reaction score
He played most of the year and helped the team, yes he screwed up but the details around the suspension itself are questionable at best. Give the guy a ring and let him go hock it at the local pawn shop, guy is bout to be broke. No one is going to sign him.

Latest posts