Apparently Ervin is on somebody else's radar for the Hawks

Smellyman

Reaction score
kearly":2rry06u2 said:
bjornanderson21":2rry06u2 said:
So when Schneider said it's the best draft he's seen since 2010 do you think he means it or is intentionally being misleading?

Unless he plans on trying to unload picks this year for better picks next year i don't see the reasoning behind even saying it's the best draft in years. Even if he's just trying to trade out of the 1st round it won't really increase the value of a late 1st by much at all.

Didn't someone say somewhere that the Hawks have a lot more players on their draft board this year? Only thing I can think of is that because it's a numbers game, the more players they have on their board the more likely that at each pick they will have someone on the board that they consider really good value (by a round or more).

I think he's being truthful. JS is a big believer in taking a shotgun approach to the draft since it's an approach that the Seahawks coaching staff has had so much success with. Other than OL, Seattle has done a very good job of player development and JS likes to use that to his advantage.

So for him, he probably get more excited about a draft with a bigger draft board than he would about having an opportunity to draft the next Earl Thomas with an early pick.

I just found his comments about having a huge big board to be surprising. Seattle emphasizes athleticism and measurables so strongly, and this is one of the least athletic drafts in recent memory.

Not to mention...Why would he lie?

'hehe...they think I think this is a good draft'