Are the eagles a legitimate competitor?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":kvgv9x4a said:
Best part of a Gruden broadcast, listening to him complain about the ticky tack officiating and stoppages.

After another terrible PI call: "This is the NFL isn't it?"

And he's right, there are too many head officials like Hochuli, Morelli and ESPECIALLY Gene Steratore who have to make the game about them and throw 30 flags a game. When your team leads the league in penalties called for like 10 years in a row? It's time for the league to step in and stop the nonsense.

:lol: Couldn't agree more. I actually went upstairs and started recording the game on my computer so I could throw some of the Gruden comments together if he continued to harp on the refs.

He's not wrong. :229031_shrug:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":358rz2pt said:
I'm not really sure how legit the Eagles are. I started to feel bad for the Skins with how many players were getting hurt last night. Made me wonder if they were going to have the bodies to even make it a game by the 4th quarter.

Wentz is looking really good and their offense is doing a great job of simplifying plays/reads for him. I highly doubt that they'll have the same type of production v. our defense, but I was impressed by what he showed last night. He seems pretty tough as well.

Ertz looks like he's one of the top TEs in the league now. An all-around player and fantastic receiver at the position. Locking him down and the secondary keeping plays in front of them is going to be paramount to winning, IMO.

Tough loss for them with Peters being out the remainder of the season.

If Wentz continues to play like what I saw last night? The Eagles aren't just legit, they're the frontrunners to win the whole thing.

Obviously things can change, but they're a complete team. Great D-line, ball hawking secondary, and good WR and RB corp.

O-line's a question mark now without Peters, but they have a 1st rounder that they can move to LT if they want.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":28pufhne said:
Ertz looks like he's one of the top TEs in the league now. An all-around player and fantastic receiver at the position. Locking him down and the secondary keeping plays in front of them is going to be paramount to winning, IMO.

Ertz has been unable to put it all together so far but he's done that this year and has turned into easily a Top 5 TE target (Top 3?).

Sgt. Largent":28pufhne said:
If Wentz continues to play like what I saw last night? The Eagles aren't just legit, they're the frontrunners to win the whole thing.

Obviously things can change, but they're a complete team. Great D-line, ball hawking secondary, and good WR and RB corp.

O-line's a question mark now without Peters, but they have a 1st rounder that they can move to LT if they want.

Spot on. The secondary is getting healthier but the guys that have played for most of this year (2016 7th Rounder Jalen Mills & 2017 4th Rounder Rasul Douglas) have been very good, well above my expectations. Getting Ronald Darby back next week and HOPEFULLY Sidney Jones at some point could make a fairly weak spot, a position of strength.

The OL is interesting because losing Peters is a disaster. They have Halapoulivaati Vaitai (that's his real name lol). who was a rookie last year and started in place of Lane Johnson when he was suspended and he was more bad than he was good but he played quite well last night in relief of Peters so we will see.

I think they may dip into the pool of trading for a tackle with some out there, mainly because they don't have much depth behind Vaitai.

It does appear, as of October 24th that the NFC is shaping up to be a two-three team race between the Eagles, Rams and Seahawks....long way to go, however. Maybe the Saints but meh....

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Just read LB Jordan Hicks is out for the season as well. Maybe the resident Eagles fan(s) can correct me, but I believe he was their starting MLB.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2w7y0d7s said:
Just read LB Jordan Hicks is out for the season as well. Maybe the resident Eagles fan(s) can correct me, but I believe he was their starting MLB.

That is correct. His issue dating all the way back to college at Texas is he is ALWAYS hurt. When he's out there, he's a playmaker and he is going to be missed big time. Mychal Kendricks will step in and replace him and he's quite good in his own right. That is another position where depth could kill the Eagles because behind Kendricks/Nigel Bradham, they have a bunch of JAGs.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Not sure if legit but deadline is Tuesday so we will see....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/StevenAlbritton/status/924705164774305793[/tweet]