Are the Seahawks going to be rusty?

Largent80

Reaction score
Isn't everyone "rusty" when they lay off for a while?

I know that when I don't play my drums or guitar for any extended period, I get a little rusty.

The tone will be set well before OTA's...which are NOT that far away.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":xjvnvo7t said:
Zag, this makes me wonder, what are you doing today?
Are you doing something today, to insure that you will be better at your job tomorrow? :)
If so, great. Props to you. If not, get busy. Somebody is counting on you.

Challenge Accepted :D

- Working.
- Yes, it's called working. Because like the rest of us, I have a normal job, which means...there is no off-season.
- Thank you, and actually there are two people counting on me. My loving wife and my baby girl who if she wasn't so darn cute, I'd probably have thrown her off a bridge by now ;).

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":a5eejn99 said:
Isn't everyone "rusty" when they lay off for a while?

I know that when I don't play my drums or guitar for any extended period, I get a little rusty.

The tone will be set well before OTA's...which are NOT that far away.

Well everyone is going to be rusty, but what I mean is...rustier than usual? Because again these guys off-season already is starting later than most of the other NFL athletes out there. Then on top of that, they will have much more offseason distractions compared to the other 31 teams that did not win the Super Bowl with endorsements, interviews, PR signings events etc...combine that with what others said the biggest hunger for these guys was the chip on their shoulder, the hunger for a championship. Now they got it...perhaps the thirst/hunger dies down a little bit, causes them to train just a tad less harder than before? Again in a game of inches...just a concern it's not like I'm saying the sky is falling and next season we're going 2-14.

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
No way Pete lets these guys get lackadasical. Besides that, our guys don't seem to be made that way. They are hungry and want more.
Everyone should be allowed to bask in the glow of a Super Bowl Championship
Plenty of time to knock off the rust or the hangover if there is one but I seriously doubt there will be

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is another way to look at it. Despite winning the SB, the competition factor that is prescribed here will not allow complacency. Someone wants your job, and are less than a finger snap away from getting that chance.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
When one takes a vacation from their job, does one get "rusty"? If one has been doing that sort of work for any decent amount of time, one doesn't get rusty. Having said that, one must still stay in shape if one's job requires one to be in excellent physical shape. I think one (or in this case, fifty-three) will be more than ready.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
The other thing RW, especially, is winning one is not enough. If he is to place himself with the all-time greats he has to get multiple rings. You heard it in their message when it was won. What's Next. Pete also wants to show everyone that this was not a fluke and the "Win Forever" philosophy is a continuous process not a one time event.

Throwdown

Reaction score
If they are rusty, then Pete formula for Mini Camps, Training Camps, and Preseason games needs to be seriously rethought.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think a certain amount of disconnect is good, gets football out of their heads for a bit so when they come back they can tune in sharper and more focused. Remember these guys have been razor edged sharp in preperation and working on stuff for a long season. Think of reading a book and then getting tired, the last few chapters may not be as enjoyed as much or retained. Put the book down and come back after a day or two and your tuned back in.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
chris98251":39mhv2y8 said:
I think a certain amount of disconnect is good, gets football out of their heads for a bit so when they come back they can tune in sharper and more focused. Remember these guys have been razor edged sharp in preperation and working on stuff for a long season. Think of reading a book and then getting tired, the last few chapters may not be as enjoyed as much or retained. Put the book down and come back after a day or two and your tuned back in.
What he said.

Seafan

Reaction score
The OL, the weakest part of the team, can only get better. RW and the offense suffered through the OL's injuries and sub par performance for most of the season. Pete won't let the team get complacent. Their are 30 other teams who will have the chance to be more rusty than the Hawks.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Seahawks will not be rusty...you know what are rusty though? The Niners' Lombardi Trophies

bryantology79

Reaction score
pete said the guys who are getting "fat and sassy" this offseason will be getting their asses kicked and met by competition from youngsters. just like it always is with his teams, they compete against themselves everyday. now that theyre the undisputed best, the competition level with this roster top to bottom will be insane.

Latest posts