Are We Paper Lions?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Why is everyone on .net all over Bennett this year ? he's on pace for 13 sacks, and also near career highs in TFL's and QB pressures. What's tier 1, 15 sacks ? Then they all suck.

Sherman at tier 2 is laughable. By any sort of analytic or metric he's one of the top 3 CB's in the league. What's tier 1 for him, 0 completions ? That's just not going to happen in today's NFL where WR's get away with pushing off constantly and DB's get flags for breathing too hard on WR's.

I also thought the term was "paper tigers" but I won't be nitpicky. We're more like stupid lions. We're tough and fast but trip over our own feet a lot.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":nx3dp95l said:
Why do you even watch the game Pitt? If you assume the worst, and seem to enjoy the misery?? Just curious

Love the team man. Hope to see something that will indicate some change to take advantage of the talent we have, but unfortunately they keep playing the same episode over and over going on 3 years now. I just want to win.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":lircdjib said:
Continuity is what winning teams are about. And make no mistake, we're a winning team. Those wishing for change likely drink too much Mountain Dew.

Change is inevitable, that is a fact of life. It's just a matter of when this will be required.

Tell yourself it will be OK. You can get through this with a little help. :2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3khw1tld said:
Siouxhawk":3khw1tld said:
Continuity is what winning teams are about. And make no mistake, we're a winning team. Those wishing for change likely drink too much Mountain Dew.

Change is inevitable, that is a fact of life. It's just a matter of when this will be required.

Tell yourself it will be OK. You can get through this with a little help. :2thumbs:
Sure change is inevitable ... at some point. But we're looking at another deep playoff run here, so obviously this is not that time.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":pfs4gdpq said:
Seymour":pfs4gdpq said:
Siouxhawk":pfs4gdpq said:

Sure change is inevitable ... at some point. But we're looking at another deep playoff run here, so obviously this is not that time.

You may be. Me and Bill however are only "on to Cincinnati".

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawks46":3ttvbqnf said:
Sherman at tier 2 is laughable. By any sort of analytic or metric he's one of the top 3 CB's in the league. What's tier 1 for him, 0 completions ?t.

I said in my original post that I based my tiers on the player's prime. Do you think Sherman is as good as he was 3-4 years ago?

Cause I don't. Yes, he's still one of the best corners in the league, but where are the picks, where is the fierce competitor ripping people's heads off, where are the scared to death QB's not even throwing to his side of the field?

None of that, now he's relying on his technique and savvy. Still good, but IMO not where he was 3-4 years ago. Thus me dropping him to tier 2.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Makes sense Pitt. It's gonna' be fine, and when we host a playoff game, I'll buy the first round. :irishdrinkers:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Whenever we watch defensive highlights they're all plays from 2-3 years ago.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think Sherman is having a great season, but he's not a top of the top player any more. The rookie Lattimore, Jimmy Smith, Xavier Rhodes,Talib, Harris, Ramsey, and Bouye have been better this year. You could argue Heyward, Jackrabbit, and Peterson are level with him.

QBs are definitely still avoiding him (except Watson), which I think might be more reputation based at this point.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":3tcc3wso said:
QBs are definitely still avoiding him (except Watson), which I think might be more reputation based at this point.

Cousin's didn't avoid him, Sherman's the reason for their first TD with the PI in the end zone.

I see a version of Sherman that's running on about 60-70% of his 2012 tenacity, rage and competitive edge. Which I get it, he's married with a kid now, has a fat contract. 100% of his focus is no longer on being the best CB and getting paid, which IMO was what all that inner rage was about when he was drafted.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Avoid doesn't literally mean zero targets in the whole game. If that's the criteria then no one gets truly avoided. His yards per coverage snap are super low.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2fwcmfeo said:
Makes me think of the band White Lion.
Makes sense i guess since this team has become soft.
I liked the band but truly hope I never see a Seahawks video to When the Children Cry.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
And yes the phrase is paper tiger...unless your from Africa then it's Simba aka the white lion who was vastly overrated too.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":138jdnq4 said:
Seymour":138jdnq4 said:
Siouxhawk":138jdnq4 said:

What is your definition of "another" and "deep". Winning 1 game in the playoffs, if we make the playoffs, I wouldn't consider deep.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2llihf06 said:
Siouxhawk":2llihf06 said:
Seymour":2llihf06 said:
Siouxhawk":2llihf06 said:

What is your definition of "another" and "deep". Winning 1 game in the playoffs, if we make the playoffs, I wouldn't consider deep.
It could be anywhere to winning a divisional game to winning the Super Bowl. I don't have a crystal ball to give you an affirmative answer. I just know we're poised, equipped and capable to make that run.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2yxui2cb said:
johnnyfever":2yxui2cb said:
Siouxhawk":2yxui2cb said:
Seymour":2yxui2cb said:

It could be anywhere to winning a divisional game to winning the Super Bowl. I don't have a crystal ball to give you an affirmative answer. I just know we're poised, equipped and capable to make that run.

I agree we are capable, but we are far from poised at 5-3, especially losing like we just did. Rams are balling right now. We have to make some major improvements in several areas if we want to even win the division. These are not the Rams we are used to, and they are getting better.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":29zsbbhk said:
Siouxhawk":29zsbbhk said:
johnnyfever":29zsbbhk said:
Siouxhawk":29zsbbhk said:

I agree we are capable, but we are far from poised at 5-3, especially losing like we just did. Rams are balling right now. We have to make some major improvements in several areas if we want to even win the division. These are not the Rams we are used to, and they are getting better.
If we hit Goff in the mouth in our den, he'll wet himself like a nontrained puppy and we will prevail. They have four tough games on the second half of their schedule besides us, so don't label them a wolf in sheep's clothing yet.

themunn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":224sl20i said:
adeltaY":224sl20i said:

Cousin's didn't avoid him, Sherman's the reason for their first TD with the PI in the end zone.

I see a version of Sherman that's running on about 60-70% of his 2012 tenacity, rage and competitive edge. Which I get it, he's married with a kid now, has a fat contract. 100% of his focus is no longer on being the best CB and getting paid, which IMO was what all that inner rage was about when he was drafted.

He also should have had 2 interceptions - one that bounced off his hands and another that Kam tipped away from him - he's still a CB to target at your peril