Are We Paper Lions?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2cuc5dhf said:
We wouldn't have the whole bipolar, knee-jerk reaction thing going on if we reacted any differently.

This isn't knee jerk with me, I've been saying we're overrated for 2-3 years, since the Carolina blowout in the playoffs (don't tell me it wasn't a blowout cause of the final score, we got our doors blown off).

I still think this version of the core players can rise up and play like a championship team, but nowhere near the consistency needed to win another SB.

RCATES

Reaction score
Seahawks are the most overrated team in the league. We have all the talent in the world being strangled by god awful coaching and poor "has been" Philosophy. Nothing will change until Pete and his staff are gone. Because face it PC doesn't have the balls to shit can his terrible Coordinators based on Pete's undeniable Ego to admit what he's doing and what's going on isn't working. Penalties, inconsistency, slow starts, zero half time adjustment is all signs of a derailed unprepared coaching staff. This Hawks team reeks of it. The only question is does Paul Allen have the balls to say enough is enough and clean house. I've been a season ticket holder for 9 years. People keep asking why the crowd isn't as loud as it once was. That's easy. We've realized the team that we love on that field just isn't very good. And it 100% falls on PC and his clown show staff.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Or we have one of the better staffs in the league, the front office and head coach knows it, and the ingredients are still in place to have one of the strongest Novembers, Decembers in the league and make a big push to make and succeed in the playoffs. The owner also understands this and is satisfied with endless sellouts at the CLink and the overall popularity of his team.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ameq8ud said:
Or we have one of the better staffs in the league, the front office and head coach knows it, and the ingredients are still in place to have one of the strongest Novembers, Decembers in the league and make a big push to make and succeed in the playoffs. The owner also understands this and is satisfied with endless sellouts at the CLink and the overall popularity of his team.

Serious Question.
If Bevell get fired, will you still stick around here or follow him to whatever high school he ends up in?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1lx122s4 said:
Siouxhawk":1lx122s4 said:

Serious Question.
If Bevell get fired, will you still stick around here or follow him to whatever high school he ends up in?
I support the Hawks. Serious question: Do you?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3hwvnpk8 said:

I defend Bevell almost as much as you Sioux, but IMO if we have another 10-6 wildcard or divisional round exit it's time to shuffle the deck on some coaches...........on both sides of the ball.

I'm in the minority on here when it comes to Bevell, but sometimes you just need some fresh ideas and energy when it comes to scheming, again, can be on both sides of the ball.

This team has too much talent to continue to just stagnate.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1i7kn7jr said:
Siouxhawk":1i7kn7jr said:

I defend Bevell almost as much as you Sioux, but IMO if we have another 10-6 wildcard or divisional round exit it's time to shuffle the deck on some coaches...........on both sides of the ball.

I'm in the minority on here when it comes to Bevell, but sometimes you just need some fresh ideas and energy when it comes to scheming, again, can be on both sides of the ball.

We certainly agree on that last sentence.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1000tpoh said:
Siouxhawk":1000tpoh said:

this is it for me here, too.

It might time for a change JUST to get a change. That happens. That's why i've been married 4 times.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We can disagree whether or not bevell and cable should be let go (I'm in the let go camp), but even their supporters have to admit neither one of these guys is great at their job. Based on their systemically poor gameplanning (why we never score early and the season starts slow) and the fact that no other team has wanted them I don't think you could even call them good.

I think having a great offensive mind in the OC/asst head coach position would immediately increase our chances of success dramatically.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":eh90zapu said:
We can disagree whether or not bevell and cable should be let go (I'm in the let go camp), but even their supporters have to admit neither one of these guys is great at their job. Based on their systemically poor gameplanning (why we never score early and the season starts slow) and the fact that no other team has wanted them I don't think you could even call them good.

I think having a great offensive mind in the OC/asst head coach position would immediately increase our chances of success dramatically.
Why would anyone admit that? It's blatantly false.

Aside from the Patriots, no team in the league has matched what the Hawks have done the past 5 years. And ignoring the coaches' role in that is plain ol' ignorant.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This is a team that has focused so much on the defense that has neglected the offensive line and the whole offense has suffered. If not for Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin, and formerly Lynch being extraordinary players we'd be a 500 team.

This is a team that has had such a superior defense that we and the coaches have just accepted that they will get some penalties in exchange for being dominant and unfortunately that willingness to accept being penalized has translated to to the whole team.

O Line and untimely penalties.