Votes: 26 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 57 58.2%
  • I don't know anymore

Votes: 15 15.3%

• Total voters

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Since the fo can't draft I think the rebuild era has begun. Imo it might be a few years before we are a playoff team again. Changes in the fo and head coach will likely happen next season

12forlife

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1ogeuanc said:
Wow. It is ok to be down about the recent changes but let's be excited for the future. We make the playoffs this year we are right back on track and avoided a complete implosion. So yes we are still in Golden Times. We still have great players and our FO seems to be getting down to business again.

Still a great time to be a Seahawk fan.

How are we taking this out of Context? Just cause we cut off the extended part that you think we are still the golden girls? This is going to be a whole new regime around here. No more of Sherm and Bennett's antics. This is Wags & Wilsons team now. No more LOB or any of that. I would be pleasantly surprised like most of us Hawk fans if some how we snuck into the playoffs next year, but riddle me this bat man, how in the hell does that happen with the Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, Rams, Saints & Packers likely 2-4 wins better then anything we can get done next season. Not a lot of us crying about what the FO is doing or had to do. We are just realists.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seymour":2g9h6088 said:
The golden years with Pete ended on the play IMO, not today.

TRUTH.

Haven't been the same since no matter how some tried to say otherwise.

It also remains the #1 topic among Seahawk fans everywhere even if some people say they don't want it discussed anymore.

Truly the beginning of the end of what was a glorious couple of seasons...

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":1aisp8tq said:
Or does the loss of Sherman, Bennett and most likely Kam, Cliff and potentially Earl signify the Golden Years are now officially behind us? Please explain your answer in this thread.

We may be in this phase and just cleaning things up.

2128698 R Z001A UC1088842WebDefaultPDP570

I don't think we have hit this yet.

29524regionUSsize952x536

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Same posters said after marshawn left we’d be fine.

After we shipped all our good lineman (unger), which same posters have said was done and in decline.has missed one game in last 3 years fyi.the rest of the line we chose not too sign (carp) (sweezy) (okung). All so we can chase shiny toys like jimmy graham.

Percy harvin deal was the downfall of this team, imho this is where the chemistry was derailed! We gave him a 67 million dollar deal, plus a 1st rounder
(Cordarrelle Patterson!)
3rd (this round was stacked look it up, believe pick was traded)
~Travis kelce
~honey badger (I wanted him~ I posted it.
Funny thing is we’ve actually brought in 3-4 of the guys from this round, mostly d lineman
:oops:
and a 7th

The result, Percy fleeced us for millions for a handful of snaps. Fights in the locker room? The night before the biggest game of their life??? :rumble:

I believe this is where pete lost the dogs... LOB , and the defensive beasts and even beast himself who held out the next season I believe.

Kams hold out after all linked to this one deal

imho maybe I’m a idiot maybe a realist but I blame the man that had the final say PETE CARROLL
IMAGINE IF WE RESIGNED CARP, sweezy

WINDOW IS NAILED AND SCREWED SHUT

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
12forlife":1dwwy4ez said:
seahawkfreak":1dwwy4ez said:
Wow. It is ok to be down about the recent changes but let's be excited for the future. We make the playoffs this year we are right back on track and avoided a complete implosion. So yes we are still in Golden Times. We still have great players and our FO seems to be getting down to business again.

Still a great time to be a Seahawk fan.

How are we taking this out of Context? Just cause we cut off the extended part that you think we are still the golden girls? This is going to be a whole new regime around here. No more of Sherm and Bennett's antics. This is Wags & Wilsons team now. No more LOB or any of that. I would be pleasantly surprised like most of us Hawk fans if some how we snuck into the playoffs next year, but riddle me this bat man, how in the hell does that happen with the Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, Rams, Saints & Packers likely 2-4 wins better then anything we can get done next season. Not a lot of us crying about what the FO is doing or had to do. We are just realists.

Well first off there was at least 3 people that erased some of my phrases and reposted them to fit their narrative. You think that is cool? Next if you think we are lost then hit the bricks bro, don't watch next season.

There are 2 arguments that can be made in what we believe the Seahawks are going to go. I want our team to win so I am taking our current situation and thinking how we can win with that. You want to say this shit is bogus and we are going to lose, more power to you. Don't watch next year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1jo9x4av said:
If we had not made some significant coaching changes, I'd say the answer is no. However, I think Pete finally realized that player personnel was only part of the problem when it came to our ability to make deep playoff runs the last few years.

I've actually got pretty high hopes for next season. We're going to look DIFFERENT and that will be a blessing in some ways.
I hope I can get to that point about next year, IMHO to get there they are going to have to have a 2012 grade draft.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":215byojk said:
RolandDeschain":215byojk said:
If we had not made some significant coaching changes, I'd say the answer is no. However, I think Pete finally realized that player personnel was only part of the problem when it came to our ability to make deep playoff runs the last few years.

I've actually got pretty high hopes for next season. We're going to look DIFFERENT and that will be a blessing in some ways.
I hope I can get to that point about next year, IMHO to get there they are going to have to have a 2012 grade draft.

With the changes they have made it is possible they think they had one last year and it was just the Veterans in front of the rookies that were holding things back from going forward with them, when the original LOB was assembled the guys in front really were not that great. These kids had HOF type players they were trying to supplant, not quite the same situation.

How ever we do need a very solid draft with only one pick as of now in the top100 players ranked.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
You mean like Betty White and those old coots? It's not THAT bad. Or are you talking about singing out of tune?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seymour":a7q1p4cu said:
The golden years with Pete ended on the play IMO, not today.

Agreed. You simply cannot get that one back. The players know that and they lost faith in the system.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":12nix7lp said:
After regressing for a few years and following some god awful offseason moves during that stretch, I find it amazing that people think Carroll at almost 67 is going to turn us around.
This is the logical fallacy known as the "non sequiter", or "doesn't follow". Age has nothing to do with the ability to coach, spot talent, motivate, or teach.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
No, this run is over. I don't know if they're totally rebuilding or just revamping a bit yet, but last year's team was a shell of the 2013 and 2014 squads. It usually looked like a 9 or 10 win team and rarely like an elite team at all.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
There are a lot of things to look forward to:

#1 Russell Wilson's development under a new OC and QB guru.

#2 A full season of play from a very good LT in Duane Brown . . . and a new offensive line coach to boot. Fundamentals and technique of the offensive line should greatly improve.

#3 Bobby Wagner was the best defensive player in the NFL last year -- not named Aaron Donald.

#4 Earl Thomas will be a year removed from a broken leg. I think he has a chance to return to form. If that happens, then the sky is the limit for this defense.

#5 Pete Carroll's final chance to cement his legacy as a great football coach. He built a Super Bowl champion. Can he do it again?

Tical21

Reaction score
starting over. churn and burn. get ready for 200 transactions.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2e2iiyp9 said:
There are a lot of things to look forward to:

#1 Russell Wilson's development under a new OC and QB guru.

#2 A full season of play from a very good LT in Duane Brown . . . and a new offensive line coach to boot. Fundamentals and technique of the offensive line should greatly improve.

#3 Bobby Wagner was the best defensive player in the NFL last year -- not named Aaron Donald.

#4 Earl Thomas will be a year removed from a broken leg. I think he has a chance to return to form. If that happens, then the sky is the limit for this defense.

#5 Pete Carroll's final chance to cement his legacy as a great football coach. He built a Super Bowl champion. Can he do it again?

Careful, lot posters throwing the homer word around. God forbid you find the good in the changes being made.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Whatever they do I hope they actually build an offense around Wilson and get him some skill players worth a damn.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I fully expect to be in the playoffs this year. Even with all the injuries last season we were a decent kicker away from easily being in the playoffs. As long as we have Russell Wilson our Super Bowl window is open. Are we going to be the favorites? Clearly not. But we've got a shot.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
No it’s done plain and simple.

We have to trust that the front office will put the right pieces in place so that we can begin a new era of winning.

Because if they don’t.....and we have to dwell in the pit of misery again for what seemed like an eternity....well I don’t even want to imagine that reality.

But I am about 95% sure that PC and JS will not be part of it, because I’m my opinion the only reason why we hit on those draft picks that brought us to prominence is because they were all in college at the same time Pete was coaching USC and he knew them extensively. So right now it looks like we got lucky to land PC when we did.

And lighting I don’t think is going to strike twice with the same regime.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A.D.I.D.A.S.":3lmru35u said:
Whatever they do I hope they actually build an offense around Wilson and get him some skill players worth a damn.

You are so right. I mean after all, Baldwin and Lockett, what chumps!