Arizona Cardinals

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
ringless":zzkheqpq said:
I havent seen the players or Arians crown themselves champs yet. They have said they still havent even clinched a spot yet, and that things happen in the NFL and they could lose the rest of their games, or win the rest. The only thing Arians has said was that since training camp, he has been telling the players to not let another team dress in their locker room at the end of the year.

Anyways, this thread just goes to show how classy Seattle fans are in general..... Compared to fans at the webzone in general. Most fans over their say all of our wins are lucky, that if they got to play us it'd be a cakewalk.... I cant help but to laugh because their team should have lose yesterday if they didnt have Eli throw 5 picks....

Anyways, I'm always pessimistic in nature about sports teams. Especially in football. But I have to say yesterday I was really impressed with the defense. They have been getting better every week, and yes Peterson has been a shut down corner for 3 weeks straight against some good players. They swarm to the ball, they have been suffocating. Even Stafford said yesterday it was the best secondary he's had to play against. I'm really excited, but I think talking Super Bowl is a really long ways away when we have Stanton as our QB. We would have to grab the number 1 seed, or at least I think to have a real shot at that.

In regards to it being a battle for the division..... 6 games remain....
The Cardinals have a head to head tiebreaker over SF, as well as division, conference, and common games. So at this point SF would have to win 4 more games than Arizona.... So if Arizona goes 2-4 SF would have to go 6-0... If Arizona goes 1-5, SF would have to go 5-1... I really dont see any of those happening. Maybe we go 3-3 but that leaves SF out.

In regards to Seattle, I still think we split our games and go 1-1....... Which leaves 4 games to gain 3 on us, and we currently own the tiebreakers in division, conference, and common games again. So we'd have to go 0-4 in the remaining 4 while Seattle went 4-0.... I think WC is where its at for SF or Sea at this point.

So I just have one question for you. If some how the Cards don't win the division or make the wild card, will you continue to post here as much as you have this year?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
minormillikin":24qtlznd said:
As for this topic, I am simply (academically) putting myself in the position of being a Cards fan, thinking how exciting it would be to host a Super Bowl with my team playing in the game.

Feel free to return to your post as a Seahawks fan, and root like hell against our division rivals.

ringless

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":20dme8fl said:
ringless":20dme8fl said:
I havent seen the players or Arians crown themselves champs yet. They have said they still havent even clinched a spot yet, and that things happen in the NFL and they could lose the rest of their games, or win the rest. The only thing Arians has said was that since training camp, he has been telling the players to not let another team dress in their locker room at the end of the year.

Anyways, this thread just goes to show how classy Seattle fans are in general..... Compared to fans at the webzone in general. Most fans over their say all of our wins are lucky, that if they got to play us it'd be a cakewalk.... I cant help but to laugh because their team should have lose yesterday if they didnt have Eli throw 5 picks....

Anyways, I'm always pessimistic in nature about sports teams. Especially in football. But I have to say yesterday I was really impressed with the defense. They have been getting better every week, and yes Peterson has been a shut down corner for 3 weeks straight against some good players. They swarm to the ball, they have been suffocating. Even Stafford said yesterday it was the best secondary he's had to play against. I'm really excited, but I think talking Super Bowl is a really long ways away when we have Stanton as our QB. We would have to grab the number 1 seed, or at least I think to have a real shot at that.

The Cardinals have a head to head tiebreaker over SF, as well as division, conference, and common games. So at this point SF would have to win 4 more games than Arizona.... So if Arizona goes 2-4 SF would have to go 6-0... If Arizona goes 1-5, SF would have to go 5-1... I really dont see any of those happening. Maybe we go 3-3 but that leaves SF out.

In regards to Seattle, I still think we split our games and go 1-1....... Which leaves 4 games to gain 3 on us, and we currently own the tiebreakers in division, conference, and common games again. So we'd have to go 0-4 in the remaining 4 while Seattle went 4-0.... I think WC is where its at for SF or Sea at this point.

So I just have one question for you. If some how the Cards don't win the division or make the wild card, will you continue to post here as much as you have this year?

I was posting here when some expected the Seahawks and 49ers to win 13 games each. While the cardinals were thought by many to finish 4th. I was here when we lost dockett, Washington, dansby etc. I come here because I enjoy the boards and was here before our success this year. So to answer your question. Yes. Ive been a fan since I was a kid. I'm passionate about my team.

ringless

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":14e7a73s said:
ringless":14e7a73s said:

I have some questions for you too!

Lets say it was the Cardinals who played the Giants yesterday in a carbon copy game..... Why would it be considered a flukey win? 49ers fans would say that the Cardinals got lucky, Eli Sucked, Eli gave them the game.... But if and since it was the 49ers that played the game. It is because the 49ers are elite, their defense forced all of the turnovers. They played a great game. The league should be on notice.....

Why is it that the cardinals 9 wins are flukey, but none of the 49ers wins are? I just have a hard time understanding the logic? Why cant credit ever be given to other teams in the league. It seems by 9er logic that all wins by other teams are flukely, lucky, but if the 49ers win it's because of course they're the best... What other possible outcome could their have been. Or if the 49ers lose, why is it always the refs? Why isnt it that the 49ers got outplayed. In every single win we've had this season you guys find a way to justify it as a flukey win. Why cant some of you just admit that maybe we do have a good defense that supports our shitty QB.

You dont see me on this board talking about how great my team is, I critisize them a lot. Because they have lot of weaknesses. I've admitted multiple times I think their are 5 better teams for sure in the NFL than us. Patriots, Broncos, Packers just to name a few.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
ringless":3eqy3qxa said:
lvnginhwktwn":3eqy3qxa said:
ringless":3eqy3qxa said:

Lets say it was the Cardinals who played the Giants yesterday in a carbon copy game..... Why would it be considered a flukey win? 49ers fans would say that the Cardinals got lucky, Eli Sucked, Eli gave them the game.... But if and since it was the 49ers that played the game. It is because the 49ers are elite, their defense forced all of the turnovers. They played a great game. The league should be on notice.....

Why is it that the cardinals 9 wins are flukey, but none of the 49ers wins are? I just have a hard time understanding the logic? Why cant credit ever be given to other teams in the league. It seems by 9er logic that all wins by other teams are flukely, lucky, but if the 49ers win it's because of course they're the best... What other possible outcome could their have been. Or if the 49ers lose, why is it always the refs? Why isnt it that the 49ers got outplayed. In every single win we've had this season you guys find a way to justify it as a flukey win. Why cant some of you just admit that maybe we do have a good defense that supports our shitty QB.

You dont see me on this board talking about how great my team is, I critisize them a lot. Because they have lot of weaknesses. I've admitted multiple times I think their are 5 better teams for sure in the NFL than us. Patriots, Broncos, Packers just to name a few.

its just the way it is.

seattle was flukey a couple years ago.
the niners were flukey under the 1st year of harbaugh.

now its your turn to be flukey. it doesnt mean your team isnt good, it just means the NFL fan base isnt ready to crown you as a real contender just yet. as long as your team keeps performing the way it does, that term will then shuffle to the rams (if they contend next year).

embrace it, it means we're scared of you.

ringless

Reaction score
The rams next year could easily have a better overall defense than the Seahawks last year. They very likely are the team to beat with the aging rosters of the 49ers and cards

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
ringless":lmxkbobt said:
lvnginhwktwn":lmxkbobt said:
ringless":lmxkbobt said:

Sorry if you feel like the Web zone isn't giving your team the credit you feel they deserve. But I fail to see how any of this has to do with me? If you don't like what is being said at the Web zone then address it there.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
ringless":b2ppf8zn said:
The rams next year could easily have a better overall defense than the Seahawks last year. They very likely are the team to beat with the aging rosters of the 49ers and cards

Where do you get this stuff. The rams are a lot of lucky draft picks and a long ways away from being anything even close to resembling last years Hawk D. They'll be lucky to mount a D that competes with this year's banged up Hawks D.

Aging roster of the 49ers, really, the guy with the team that just signed Palmer to a three year deal wants to talk about aging.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":2z5igrqb said:

I don't buy that at all.

Quickly....aging? Some of Niners oldest spots currently have rookies playing VERY well (Borland, Lynch, Hyde)...but I digress because that's not really what I want to respond to (and Pehawk will get mad at me...lol).

Rams. Rams have a MONSTER front 4. Fan-freakin-tastic. Ogletree has been better, but not in love with him and don't like any of the other LBs. DBs? Not impressed.

Rams have the beginnings of a very good defense, but they aren't anywhere close to the Seattle D of last year that was stacked...and DEEP.

lucky49

Reaction score
bruce arians is super annoying tbh. people always talk about how the rest of the nfcw coaches are jerks but bruce arians is an arrogant whiny hipster. also patrick peterson is super overrated so i hope the cards lose because i hate both of those things

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Largent80":3f4hiixa said:
They are playing like we did last year. They just need to sustain that level of play, which as we know isn't that easy.
They aren't even close to as good as us last year, I still don't think they are better than us this year. We'll beat them twice and steal the division. They finish the season 2-4 or 1-5.

NINEster

Reaction score
I remember it took the 49ers going all the way to the brink of the SB, and winning several games into 2012 for many friends of mine (non Niner fans since I don't live in SF) to consider them an elite team.

The Cards have shown flashes the last few years, but haven't been able to put it together. This year they have, and I believe they are for real.

They do have some interesting tests coming up....@Seattle, Kansas City, and @SF will be some very tough games. Even @STL is no gimme the way the Rams are playing now. @Atlanta seems like the easiest game, but that location and the hunger of that team possibly being in playoff contention means nothing is guaranteed (see 49ers final game at Candlestick).

I'm also one of those Niner fans that have no issue with the Cards being champs, so long as it's not because they beat us in the playoffs. I rooted for them to take down Pittsburgh.

I dunno if I'll see 49ers/Redskins this weekend on TV, but I'm pretty sure I'll see Seahawks/Cardinals and should be a great game.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":13flrhwz said:
minormillikin":13flrhwz said:
You've got to admit, it would be a special kind of awesome for them if everything comes together in a year when they host the Super Bowl.

I'd sooner drink an entire bucket of my own puke than have this happen.
LMAO!!!!!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3buq8rqg said:
minormillikin":3buq8rqg said:
You've got to admit, it would be a special kind of awesome for them if everything comes together in a year when they host the Super Bowl.

I'd sooner drink an entire bucket of my own puke than have this happen.
Your own puke? Too easy, bra. Too easy. What about an entire bucket of somebody else's puke, say...

Jim Harbaugh?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Green Bay will slaughter them. And anyone else if the game goes through Lambeau.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yep. Thought of that too when I saw Arian's comments. The right approach too. That said, nothing wrong with fans being early out the gate in bemoaning the lack of a band wagon.