Arizona Cardinals

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1xfyulx6 said:
MidwestHawker":1xfyulx6 said:
minormillikin":1xfyulx6 said:
You've got to admit, it would be a special kind of awesome for them if everything comes together in a year when they host the Super Bowl.

I'd sooner drink an entire bucket of my own puke than have this happen.
Your own puke? Too easy, bra. Too easy. What about an entire bucket of somebody else's puke, say...

Jim Harbaugh?

Well that's getting pretty gross. I might have to tap out and let AZ into the Super Bowl if that was the cost. But I wouldn't be happy about it.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":1345ghpt said:
its just the way it is.

seattle was flukey a couple years ago.
the niners were flukey under the 1st year of harbaugh.

now its your turn to be flukey. it doesnt mean your team isnt good, it just means the NFL fan base isnt ready to crown you as a real contender just yet. as long as your team keeps performing the way it does, that term will then shuffle to the rams (if they contend next year).

embrace it, it means we're scared of you.

Ha. Speak for yourself. I'm scared of the Packers. I'm scared of gonorrhea. I'm scared of my foot slipping off the brake and onto the gas pedal, while waiting at a crosswalk, and plowing into a pedestrian. I am not scared of the frigging Cardinals.

It very badly annoys me that people are feeling guilted by the "wise" words of Bill Parcells to acting respectful of the team with a great record.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Get used to it. They're going to win the superbowl. In their own stadium.

And I'll be happy for them.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
HansGruber":a0mk8imx said:

LOL okay bro.

Care to make an actual worthwhile argument as to why that's the case, or do you just want to be obnoxiously adherent to notions of "oh they've sucked for a long time, I'd like to see them do well because sucking for a long time is noble"?

HansGruber

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1bp2al2e said:
HansGruber":1bp2al2e said:

LOL okay bro.

Care to make an actual worthwhile argument as to why that's the case, or do you just want to be obnoxiously adherent to notions of "oh they've sucked for a long time, I'd like to see them do well because sucking for a long time is noble"?

Yeah. I've watched every game they've played this season. They look like the Seahawks did last year, and their record speaks to that. I've watched that team play lights-out ball week after week, and they're also getting the lucky bounces going their way. Their defense is the best in the NFL right now, hands-down. And their offense is getting it done. Sometimes, you watch a team play and you know they're going all the way by the middle of the season. Arizona is that team this season.

I don't have to believe in any luck or anything like that. Arizona is playing the best football in the NFL right now and it's not close. Barring a bunch of major injuries, or some weird abrupt turnaround of how they play ball... I just don't see anyone beating them in the playoffs. Or the Superbowl.

Name a team that can. Right now, there isn't one out there. I thought the Lions would do it because their defense is so good plus they have a better offense. But nope... AZ just straight-up spanked 'em. New England? It'd be a good game, but the Patriots wouldn't win. They just don't really have any holes on defense.

endzorn

Reaction score
The only reason I feel the Cards success is hard to sustain is because we haven't seen a team win like this in the newer NFL. Arians and Bowles are scared of nothing and instead of looking at yardage as a measuring stick with this team you almost need to look at how many mistakes they force in all phases. They make calculated gambles and win.

Largent80

Reaction score
They are doing it almost exactly the way we did last year. They lost 3 of their front 7, yet are making plays.

they are getting good play from Buchannon as a rookie, Powers is tied for the team lead in INT's, Jefferson and Johnson are 1st and 2nd respectively in tackles.

Yes they have caught teams at the right time, but make no mistake, they are a GOOD team.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I was running my mouth and crowning the Seahawks SB champs before, during, and after the 2013 season....so I don't really have a problem if other fans do the same about their team. Bragging and smack are a big part of what makes spectator sports so fun.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
HansGruber":1b4xohno said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RunTheBall

Reaction score
HansGruber":1jl4frp6 said:
MidwestHawker":1jl4frp6 said:
HansGruber":1jl4frp6 said:

LOL okay bro.

Yeah. I've watched every game they've played this season. They look like the Seahawks did last year, and their record speaks to that. I've watched that team play lights-out ball week after week, and they're also getting the lucky bounces going their way. Their defense is the best in the NFL right now, hands-down. And their offense is getting it done. Sometimes, you watch a team play and you know they're going all the way by the middle of the season. Arizona is that team this season.

I don't have to believe in any luck or anything like that. Arizona is playing the best football in the NFL right now and it's not close. Barring a bunch of major injuries, or some weird abrupt turnaround of how they play ball... I just don't see anyone beating them in the playoffs. Or the Superbowl.

Name a team that can.
Right now, there isn't one out there. I thought the Lions would do it because their defense is so good plus they have a better offense. But nope... AZ just straight-up spanked 'em. New England? It'd be a good game, but the Patriots wouldn't win. They just don't really have any holes on defense.
It's possible we might go 3-0 vs them, if they even make the playoffs that is.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":3sa22ic8 said:
Name a team that can. Right now, there isn't one out there. I thought the Lions would do it because their defense is so good plus they have a better offense. But nope... AZ just straight-up spanked 'em. New England? It'd be a good game, but the Patriots wouldn't win. They just don't really have any holes on defense.

The Cardinals will not win a single playoff game this year.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2uk22kaa said:
HansGruber":2uk22kaa said:

With their next 5 games I think they drop back to 3rd place in the division and don't make the playoffs.

ringless

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":16f5z93b said:
Hasselbeck":16f5z93b said:
HansGruber":16f5z93b said:

With their next 5 games I think they drop back to 3rd place in the division and don't make the playoffs.

If that were to happen I think it would all have to do with the drop off from Stanton to Palmer which is pretty evident.

However I think we beat Atlanta this week, KC, and Seattle at home, and finish 12-4.... Our Defense is going to win us a few games.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
ringless":3kp2ufjt said:
lvnginhwktwn":3kp2ufjt said:
Hasselbeck":3kp2ufjt said:
HansGruber":3kp2ufjt said:

If that were to happen I think it would all have to do with the drop off from Stanton to Palmer which is pretty evident.

However I think we beat Atlanta this week, KC, and Seattle at home, and finish 12-4.... Our Defense is going to win us a few games.

I think Atlanta is going to surprise you they're hungry, KC will beat you at home, the Hawks will beat you AGAIN at your home, yes this is a road game for them but its PST and a divison game, the Rams will win at their house and of course we beat you in ours because they are road games for you and division games to boot, and after the Hawks game we smell blood in the water. You finish 9-7 maybe 10-6 and miss playoffs.

I could be wrong and if I am I will be the first to admit it, but I think you've ridden this train about as far as you can.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":z3ry87xz said:
lvnginhwktwn":z3ry87xz said:
Hasselbeck":z3ry87xz said:
HansGruber":z3ry87xz said:

The tards aren't beating Seattle...wherever they play. I don't think they'll fall to third in the division, but I do believe that Seattle will still win the division. The niners are the team that will miss the playoffs.