Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Chargers @ Seahawks)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
We struggled with the Chargers previously but that was in hot weather. As long as Carson can go and there's no other surprising scratches we run the ball down their frigging throats. Hell, even with Davis I'm confident. The D stays consistent as well.

AFL LA Chargers 20
The Seattle Seahawks 26

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
jammerhawk":39ase52a said:
I believe the Chargers are overrated and they will find themselves facing a physically tougher team than they played against in the pre-season.

Seattle wins by 14 or more, and they rough up Rivers.

The national media could be chowing down on some crow after this game, if the Hawks play as I expect them to, and will finally have to acknowledge this year's team, after starting slow, has come together and looks to be a top ten team while the Chargers are paper tigers.

Elliott Harrison says the Chargers are the #8 power ranked team to the #15 Seahawks, maybe he will need to reassess his calculations.

34 -17 Hawks.

You may be on to something. I don’t have the stats in front of me either, but somehow I remember Pete having a good track record against AFC teams.

danp1990

Reaction score
If that's the case for a wildcard , the Panthers matchup is key! The next four games suck...muderers row but I like our odds for at least a 2-2 at worst. But the Panthers game is huge for our wildcard seeding. As much as I want the Rams to slip up I don't see that happening unless either Goff or Gurley have a freak season ending injury like the 2014 Cardinals had with Palmer that allowed us to win division title and then get 1st seed.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I figured I better buzz in before I roll up the open sign and close things up here for the day. Seems lately I have been managing to at least get a long winded weekly Aros' prediction in, and knock on wood, I've been pretty accurate so far. I Don't always get the spread exact in fact never, but I do get it pretty close in terms of number differences between us and our opponents and the flow of the game on all sides of he ball.

Because we are playing at home, I think that the Seahawks really need to play like it was a road game and with that same intensity they have been playing. We need to remain humble, and hard working, and be really cautious about not all the hype go to our heads, We are playing lights out on all sides of the ball,but only because we are listening to our coaches and following directions, and most importantly, playing a team, where every single person plays a critical role. Our ability to stay focused on that, and keep on doing what we have been doing, with the same passion, confidence and intensity that we have been, and there isn't a team out there that can stop us, we are unstoppable when our chit is tight and its tighter right now than its ever been. .

You can bet your butts that the Chargers are going to try and shock us, with some crazy stuff right at the gate and try to rattle our confidence and force us into playing Ketchup football like we found ourselves doing again and again, when we didn't have a running game.

Instead we need to stay composed and do the same damn thing to them instead. Stop them in their tracks, put up some points quickly and make them shift into Ketchup football mode, which is handing the game to us and making it twice as easy for us to send them home defeated and embarrassed.

We have the perfect formula and personnel to win against any team in the NFL at home or away, all we need to do is keep on doing what we have been doing. Our offense is only getting better with each passing game, we have a line up right now that is unstoppable, our running game is dead on, and that opens up everything else for us in the air.

I hated to see Brandon Marshall go, I really hoped he would play like a super star and finish out his career here in Seattle, but the other receivers we have are playing like Brandon once did. I hope he lands somewhere where they really need his skills and have to make their go to guy, I think he still has some good game left in him, just not as much as our other receivers do right now.

There are only so many seats at the table and someone has to go when the time comes to bring someone back in or bring in someone who looks to be a more effective player at any given position. I'm guessing Ed and it looks like JD required a little juggling on the roster to make room for their reentry. I am excited to see JD play, if he is ready to play, I see the Seahawks racking up the points in this game, I also see us sticking to whats been working, which is our running game, controlling the clock, deep dead on strikes down the field once we have their defense all tangled up trying to stop the unstoppable Chris Carson and crew.

Our defense will do great things against the Chargers. As was the case with the Lions, stop their running game and stop them, that is the same formula that will give us a win over the Chargers and will put them, and everyone we play in the same position they were putting us in last year and early this season. If you shut the run game down, they then have no choice but to abandon it and start firing down the field trying to make up points and, with our present defense, that only opens up more opportunities for interceptions, forced fumbles, QB sacks, and quick 3 and outs by our opponents.

Our defense has looked more like the old Legion of Boom than the Old Legion of Boom looked LOL. Go figure. They will dominate, dictate and frustrate the Chargers offense all day long. Our Special Teams is also better than what we have seen historically. That's not to knock the players of yesteryear but it is to compliment what we are seeing from them this season. They are on it at every kick of the ball, Sea Bass is nailing it and Dickson is ridiculous in his game.

I became so convinced that Kickers are some of the most important elements of a winning NFL team after watching us get our asses handed to us game after game last year. I think that if we just don't get swelled heads and keep our humility and focus in check, we could realistically take this thing to a Super Bowl this season.

Almost half time at this update. The one factor I overlooked in my prediction was the officiating. Way too many costly and unjustified calls our offense, and always at critical 1st down conversion opportunities. I hope we manage to overcome this in the second half.

Seattle Seahawks 34 vs LA Chargers 22 Make them play KETCHUP Football.

Go Seahawks !

Cyrus12

Reaction score
31-27 Chargers. Gotta feeling Carson either does not play or is limited. Chargers seem to have our number.

Ytd 7-0

Zeearend

Reaction score
Carson not totally fit will limit our running game just a bit to much I am afraid.

SEA 17
LAX 24

But I've been pretty bad at this so I hope for the best.

YTD 2-5

mort

Reaction score
20-27 Hawks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Oh well.... It looked like the chargers wanted it way more than us. Both sides of the ball. How do you get the ball with almost 6 minutes left down 2 scores yhen finally score with 1:50 left? I swear it looked like we were in the lead and trying to run the clock out on that possession. Russ took to many costly sacks too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk