Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Panthers @ Seahawks)

kf3339

Reaction score
Seahawks 24-12. Carolina gets a garbage TD late in the 4th and fails on the two point conversion.

I just don't see them coming into our house and doing anything at all.

RTD: 12-4

Mol3m4n

Reaction score
13-10 Seahawks

I still have hope my Panthers win though.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
31 -- 16 Seahawks, and AROS, the reason that I want the Seahawks to cash the big check again this Year, is because everybody thought that last Years SB was a fluke, and these Seahawks Coaches and Players are proving those that are still doubting, to be fools.
20 Years ago, I didn't have that kind of confidence, but these Seahawks have put my mind into whole another mode of laid back free & easy. :16:

samwize77

Reaction score
Not feeling to worried. This train keeps rollin.

Hawks 24
Kittens 10

kjreid

Reaction score
Seattle covers 96% of the time at home over the last three years

Seattle: 24
Carolina: 12

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Cam Newton's Career Passing Stats Against the Seahawks ...

10/26/14 ... 12 for 22 (54.5%) for 171 Yds Passing (7.77 Yds/Pass) ... 0 TD ... 1 INT (61.0 QB Rating)
9/8/13 ... 16 for 23 (69.%) for 125 Yds Passing (5.44 Yds/Pass) ... 1 TD ... 0 INT (97.2 QB Rating)
10/7/12 ... 12 for 29 (41.4%) for 141 Yds Passing (4.86 Yds/Pass) ... 0 TD ... 0 INT (56.8 QB Rating)

Newton has averaged ...
a pass completion percentage of only 54.05%
145.66 Yards Passing
a 70.6 QB Rating
34.66 Yards Rushing
and has thrown a grand total of 1 TD in 3 games

And all of that has been in the friendly confines of HIS HOUSE.

I don't see any way that those numbers improve whatsoever against THIS defense ON THE ROAD in one of the hardest places to play in all of the NFL. I especially don't see it, as I believe Cam Newton is still fairly banged up (both from the season and from his car wreck) ... and the Seahawks (though they will be missing Jordan Hill) as a unit are FAR healthier than they were back in Week 8. The Legion of Boom and the 12th Man will be the Kryptonite that will fall Superman.

I can see this one being close early with the Hawks pulling away in the 2nd half and making it more of a rout.

I'm calling it ...
Seahawks 30
Panthers 9

Hawks46

Reaction score
At Carolina, we've averaged 1 TD and 2 FG's per game, while they've averaged 3 FG's per game.

I know they're on a roll, and they have confidence. This squad just won their first playoff game. Their intensity will be high. Problem is, proportionately it won't be enough. Their playoff intensity in an away game is probably near what ours is regular season at home. Now you throw playoffs in there and we ratchet it up. Now, have it in Prime Time, where this team is insane.

They HAVE to run the ball, the problem is that we don't have to respect their weapons at WR with our secondary, so we can bring that extra player in the box.

I wanted to predict the TD and 2 FG's plus a TD and FG for being at home. I still think it's highly possible, but I was feeling somewhat greedy. So I'll go

Seahawks 20
Panthers 6.

Record to date 12-3.

Ruminator

Reaction score
This is what the final score will be:

Panthers 6
Seahawks 38

Slightly lopsided, a tad dominating, certainly referee-proof.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
First, the kitty cats are coming into the raptors nest with a dream and determination, forget how many wins they obtained and in what division they obtained them because it all starts over now. Clean slate. They are going to pull out every single possible strategy to try and push us down, and pull off a hat trick and beat us in the Clink.
The mighty Hawks are very hungry for that second ring, that second helping at the big feast, first time just wasn’t fulfilling enough, we want MORE! And we want it NOW!!

We are an elite team, we desire to make a HUGE statement in returning to and winning the Super Bowl!
This game is the biggest yet this season, we know what to do and we know how to do it.

The offense will strike early, and often. It will be fast, it will be strong and it will serve us well to de-claw the kittens early and give them pause, they will know our greatness up close and personal, they will feel the power. They will shake, they will shiver, then our defense will eat their liver! Kitty litter and feathers everywhere, then comes the doom of the boom.

Hawks 21
Kittens 9

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Fun fact: Since Wilson took over as the starting QB, the Seahawks have more wins by 20+ (15 games) than they have losses (13 games).

That said, I still think Seattle wins this by a 16-10 type score.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Won't be close this time. Panthers, meet the CLINK and the 12's.

Hawks - 27
Panthers - 6

iigakusei

Reaction score
24-12 Seahawks.

Carolina will not score a TD in this game.
We will get a pick 6 and two Wilson TD passes.