Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread SBXLVIII EDITION!

amill87

Reaction score
I don't like how confident I am in this game. But I just can't see anyway the Broncos win unless their defense steps up big time.

Manning will move the ball and score some points but he is gonna throw some picks. He just don't have the arm strength to chuck the ball down field and not have Thomas fly over.

In an awesome twist of fate, the two things Hawk fans have been the most worried about all year will be the reason we win. Harvin and our offense will move the ball and score. Lynch is just an animal in the playoffs.

Hawks ride offense into the sunset. 34-21

Mindsink

Reaction score
DtownNative":1lus6g3w said:
The_Z_Man":1lus6g3w said:
The Seahawks, top to bottom, are the far superior team.

How do you figure "top to bottom"?

Sure,
Seattle Defense > Denver Defense
DB's
RB
Front 7
Even Seattle Depth > Denver's

But,
Denver Offense > Seattle Offense
Manning > Wilson
Denver WR's > Seattle WR's
Denver O line > Seattle O line

Makes for interesting game doesn't it?

This isn't fantasy football. Your comparisons are meaningless because they don't represent matchups.

Seahawks D Line > Broncos O Line (your O-line is overrated because Manning gets rid of the ball so quickly)
Seahawks secondary > Broncos receivers (obviously)
Seahawks linebackers > Broncos RBs (easily)
Russell Wilson > Broncos front 7 (After the stout front 7s that Wilson has faced since week 14, this will be like a scrimmage vs the practice squad)
Marshawn Lynch > Broncos front 7 (same reason as above)
Seahawks receivers > Broncos secondary (especially with Harvin playing)
Broncos D Line = Seahawks O Line (I'll call that even. Again, look at the quality of defensive lines we've played down the stretch)
Seahawks special teams = Broncos special teams (both kickers are money, your kicker has the stronger leg. We have the better coverage unit. We both have playmakers in the return game).

To me, that looks like top to bottom superiority.

Mindsink

Reaction score
amill87":2lgxf9o4 said:
I don't like how confident I am in this game. But I just can't see anyway the Broncos win unless their defense steps up big time.

Manning will move the ball and score some points but he is gonna throw some picks. He just don't have the arm strength to chuck the ball down field and not have Thomas fly over.

In an awesome twist of fate, the two things Hawk fans have been the most worried about all year will be the reason we win. Harvin and our offense will move the ball and score. Lynch is just an animal in the playoffs.

Hawks ride offense into the sunset. 34-21

I agree, our offense will show up big time this game. I don't even think it'll be that close. I see a 41-13 or 45-17 type of game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Monday before the NFCCG vs. the Whiners, I had this weird feeling come over me and flashed on a scene that has led me to the following prediction. I was in my living room with my wife and best friend (who lives in Seattle and will be coming down to watch the game with us), the TV was on and Richard Sherman stepped in front of a pass thrown toward the sideline, intercepted it and fell to the ground cradling the ball. I turned to my Mrs. and my best bud and said "Oh my God, we just won the Super Bowl!". The joy I felt was nearly indescribable. Because of that I am going to predict we win in just that manner. I might add I didn't feel like I was really tense so I will guess that the play takes place in the Denver end of the field with the Hawks up by at least 4 and it's early in their last attempt to get the win.

Look, I'm not that guy usually. I have rarely if ever have had something like this happen, don't consider myself "psychic" or any of that type of thing. But this was very vivid and though I can see many scenarios where the Hawks win handily, until this thing I felt proves to not play out as I "saw" it, I'm going with it. All that said.......

Hawks 27
Donkeys 23

To date: 15-3 cuz I simply would not pick against our team this year.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I don't think I've been this at ease with a game since Minnesota before the bye. I'd found reasons of concern in every game since then, mainly revolving around an inefficient and handcuffed passing game. But now, we are playing an incredible team with arguably the best offense ever, and I am enjoying being a Hawks fan again. We beat our rivals for the conference championship and left no doubt that this D is the best in the league.

We match up as well as anyone can with the Denver offense. We don't have to go out and try to out-Manning Peyton at his own game. We don't have to try and confuse him and trick him into the wrong reads. We are talented enough to play our game and let our defense execute like they have all year. Of course Denver will put the ball in the end zone and get into FG range a couple times. They'll score some points, but I can't see them being more successful than they have in the playoffs so far. We won't let Peyton play his pre-snap game and will force him to run the play they called and execute it better than our D. It's a tough task - but so is facing a historically good offense.

Our D will play like we expect, so our offense needs to show up in a big way. They did against SF in the 2nd half, but I don't think they can wait that long this week. Getting down to Denver is not like getting down to SF. Lynch should be successful enough to allow us to control the ball, and having Harvin back is a huge plus for Russ this week. If Lynch and Russ can force the D to stay honest in both facets, look out. Marshawn getting 4 ypc and Russ hitting a couple deep passes should be enough to tilt the game in our favor like they have so often this year.

I expect this to be a close game that won't be won until the game is almost over, but there is no way I can predict a Hawks loss.

Seahawks - 27
Broncos - 24

acbass

Reaction score
When I think about this game, I think my Seahawks continue their ultimate goal of giving me a heart attack before I hit 30. My prediction: Broncos jump up early. The defense seems a little overwhelmed by the moment in the first half. Denver goes in with a halftime lead of 17-7. Pete uses the extended half time to calm the boys down and remind them who they are. The Seahawks come out inspired by their coach (and the Red Hot Chili Peppers) and return to form in the second half. The final score ends up being: Seahawks - 24 Broncos - 20.... And I spend the next week in the hospital recovering from my heart attack in my Super Bowl XLVIII Champions gear.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
Hoping for a good game, but I would be happy with a 20 point Seahawk win. Really worried about the Denver crossing routes. Seahawks come back in the fourth quarter again to win.

Seahawks 30, Denver 28

cacksman

Reaction score
If this defense wants to be considered one of the greatest, they need to hold Manning to under 24 points. Since I truly believe we will score more than 24 points, if the defense proves they are as good as we say they are then we win.

Seattle 27
Denver 20

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Seattle 30
Den 19

Lynch 150 yards rushing because he is all about that action.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Seattle 34 Denver 23.

That's what Denver averages vs top 14 defenses, that's what Seattle averages vs bottom 18 defenses.

Bronco Bob

Reaction score
45-17 Broncos. Lynch may barely get 100 yards. Wilson throws 2 desperation passes that get intercepted. one of his passes is a pick 6 by Champ. Manning is intercepted once and The broncos fumble once. neither turnovers by the broncos results in points for the seahawks.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
31-20 Seattle.

Maxwell and Earl each get an INT.

Marshawn runs for 115 and one TD.

Percy racks up 168 total yards... and one TD.

Russell throws for 260 and 2 TDs.

Peyton throws for more yards but loses the game.

Sorry, Peyton.

Better luck next year.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
No way Denver scores 30 points in this game. I was generous in accounting for unlikely mistakes giving Denver 27, but it is more likely that they score 20.

Denver will not be able to stop the Hawks from scoring 34 points. They just don't have the defense, period. If Manning tries to protect his defense by using clock, he won't be able to score the points it takes to win.

The numbers are still simple.

Hawks score 23 against top 5 defenses.

Denver scores 25 against bottom 10 defenses.

This is going to be fun. The Hawks can score when the offense isn't on the field, the Donks can't.

The more complete team wins this game. Especially in the cold.

WarHawks

Reaction score
The Hawks haven't allowed more than 17 points in the last 7 games, and 14.5ppg allowed for the year average. But, Denver is a good offense led by some guy named Manning (not sure who else is on their team, but I guess it doesn't matter) with a reputation for choking in the big game, but i'll still give them 20. Hawks 27-20 in a last minute td drive by Wilson set up by a strip fumble recovery by Bennett. GO HAWKS!!!

Always Fierce

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1ref5gaq said:
No way Denver scores 30 points in this game. I was generous in accounting for unlikely mistakes giving Denver 27, but it is more likely that they score 20.

Denver will not be able to stop the Hawks from scoring 34 points. They just don't have the defense, period. If Manning tries to protect his defense by using clock, he won't be able to score the points it takes to win.

The numbers are still simple.

Hawks score 23 against top 5 defenses.

Denver scores 25 against bottom 10 defenses.

This is going to be fun. The Hawks can score when the offense isn't on the field, the Donks can't.

The more complete team wins this game. Especially in the cold.

They shut down Phillip Rivers and Tom Brady. Both who are superior to Wilson. Fact.

Latest posts