Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Chargers)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I want to be objective as possible, but even when I do that I just can't see all the pieces of the Hawks makeup falling apart. It just doesn't happen and even when it does happen the Hawks typically find a way.

Rivers can be a great passer, but he consistently throws costly interceptions. He isn't mobile and can't extend plays. Without that it is going to be very difficult to succeed in the air. The SD running game could be good, but not for an entire game. It is a great secondary against good receivers, but passing the ball requires the backfield to execute.

The SD defense? Absolutely outmatched in the speed department. The worst possible matchup for them. Not just Harvin (and that is HUGE) but Lynch has speed that is deceptive. RW too..

Maybe SD can score, it happens, but I can't see SD stopping an offense that can do essentially whatever it wants and do it fast.

I hate sounding like a blind homer, but SD won't score 17 points in this game and I think the Hawks will surpass 30.

31-16 Hawks.

Tokadub

Reaction score
:chug:

Just pounded the last beer for the night time for my prediction, I must admit this game is a lot more difficult for me to predict than Green Bay... need a few extra minutes to contemplate this one :Dunno:

Something just seems off about this game, I can't quite put my finger on it.

1st Half:
0-7
3-7
3-10
10-10
17-10

2nd Half:
24-10
24-13
27-13
27-20
30-20
33-20

Well... that's how the simulation went in my brain, this game just seems odd to me. I'm not nearly as confident about this score as I was last week which seemed really obvious for some reason. This seems about right though I can see the game being a little scary at first with the Chargers starting off hot before we take control.

I think Wilson might need to put the team on his shoulders a bit with some rushing yards. I'm not sure if we'll win the turnover battle I think we may lose the ball at least once. But if we do win the turnover battle and Rivers has more than one interception the score could be A LOT more lopsided in our favor than my prediction.

All that excessive hypothetical information being said...

Seahawks win 33-20

Record: 1-0

dusktreader

Reaction score
San Diego is badly overmatched today. Philip Rivers will have some bright spots targeting the Nickel CB in 4 receiver sets, but the rest of the LOB is going to give him fits. Seahawks offense will again move the ball at will.

Seahawks will land their first road win
34-17

RTD: 1-0

russoloco

Reaction score
I wasn't pulling any wool. Sherman throwing a fit then running off the field without flapping his yap was glorious.