Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Green Bay)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
32 - Packers
17 - Seahawks

Seattle is always slow to start and slow on grass. Frustrating opener, but it was penciled in for awhile now.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Was waiting for this thread! Hawks 24 Pack 21 with a LOB INT late to the house ! Make it so Seahawks!

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think we start slow on offense with our OL facing a new gadget defense by Capers that will feature a lot of blitzes.

We can win this game by establishing the run, winning the turnover battle and Wilson having some magic against a blitz heavy defense. I look for Graham to be a blitz beater, but Wilson will be too erratic to get it to him consistently. It's too many things to need this early in the season.

Capers' defenses have owned Wilson lately. GB's run defense was a lot better than our run offense last year. Nelson abuses the RCB.

I chalk this up as a loss. It doesn't really disappoint me.

GB 24
SEA 16

Decimation

Reaction score
Seahawks 38
Packers 17

I get this vibe that our guys are ready and want to stick it to Green Bay BADLY after kicking our asses last year. I see our offense doing great things, while our defense contains Rodgers as needed.

We smash them and Russell throws 3 TDs and has a big day.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Hawks new pass rush still won't get home on every down, and their patented "defend 5 yards behind the sticks on 3rd down" defense will allow Rodgers to dink and dunk to his heart's content. On offense I expect a brutally slow start. GB's defense is underrated. The Hawks are a good team but this one will be an L.

24-16 Packers

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":2613w6tl said:
seahawkfreak":2613w6tl said:
Not really sure how threads like these are productive or even entertaining. It is close to the equivalent to betting money against your team to lose and then saying "if they win I'm happy, if they lose I'm happy". I am quite confident that the OP could do a thread that gives an opinion on what needs to happen for Seattle to win and if they don't they will lose or vice versa (ie.if Seattle does this they will lose). Would that not still fall in line with a "Prediction Thread"?

Honestly not being facetious, I just think going into a game thinking a team you root for is going to lose, takes away from the enjoyment of the sport. What needs to happen for us to win and lets hope that happens. No?

Just my two cents, no harm meant.

We have been doing these for as long as I can remember, we have hundreds of threads a week discussing a lot of aspects of teams games and what if's, this is one where we try not to piss in each others coffee, now do you want decaf or regular blend?

Riiiiiiiight. By all means pick your team to lose. Piss in your own coffee I like mine with some nice Coffee Mate and some good expectation that my favorite team is going to win.

Thinking your team might lose is different than picking them to lose. By picking our team to lose you have signed away all doubt. You pick your team to lose you are not a true competitor, simple as that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Picking with your mind and picking with your heart are two different things entirely.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2fe7soxe said:
Thinking your team might lose is different than picking them to lose. By picking our team to lose you have signed away all doubt. You pick your team to lose you are not a true competitor, simple as that.

I post in this thread as if money were on the line. At this point, I am picking as a competitor since I don't expect the team I love to actually win in Lambeau.

The post above about heart vs. head is exactly right. Just playing by your heart, but unintelligently, doesn't make you a competitor--it just makes you a big-hearted person who will probably lose often.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1626n3a6 said:
Not really sure how threads like these are productive or even entertaining. It is close to the equivalent to betting money against your team to lose and then saying "if they win I'm happy, if they lose I'm happy". I am quite confident that the OP could do a thread that gives an opinion on what needs to happen for Seattle to win and if they don't they will lose or vice versa (ie.if Seattle does this they will lose). Would that not still fall in line with a "Prediction Thread"?

Honestly not being facetious, I just think going into a game thinking a team you root for is going to lose, takes away from the enjoyment of the sport. What needs to happen for us to win and lets hope that happens. No?

No need to pee in the pancakes there friend. This has been a NET tradition for several years and if folks didn't like it they wouldn't wonder where the prediction thread was if I was a day late.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3jucswm9 said:
chris98251":3jucswm9 said:
seahawkfreak":3jucswm9 said:

We have been doing these for as long as I can remember, we have hundreds of threads a week discussing a lot of aspects of teams games and what if's, this is one where we try not to piss in each others coffee, now do you want decaf or regular blend?

Riiiiiiiight. By all means pick your team to lose. Piss in your own coffee I like mine with some nice Coffee Mate and some good expectation that my favorite team is going to win.

Yea well we all don't see things in Rose Colored Glasses, expectations are fine, reality is harsher and more practical, If you go to the Horse Racing Track or Vegas expecting to fleece the house every time I would think you would also be disappointed.

Many see things as a balance and counterbalance in the game and some weigh towards Green Bay or whoever is the opponent just like the House is favored on most bets placed, and they post their prognosis based on that.

Enjoy your ground Horse Hooves with flavor additives by the way.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Aros":3fei0qos said:
seahawkfreak":3fei0qos said:

No need to pee in the pancakes there friend. This has been a NET tradition for several years and if folks didn't like it they wouldn't wonder where the prediction thread was if I was a day late.

And, they wouldn't have tried to replicate it last year when you stepped away from the site.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Why are you all so concerned about how each other pick games? Find a way to argue, and piss and moan about anything.

cymatica

Reaction score
Seattle 24
GB 6

The GB debacle last year is when ET just happened to reconsider his retirement tweet. That game hit a nerve, and ET being the emotional one will be especially fired up. He is pissed our defense allowed a blowout and will play out of his mind.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
chris98251":17uuf6d4 said:
seahawkfreak":17uuf6d4 said:
chris98251":17uuf6d4 said:
seahawkfreak":17uuf6d4 said:

Yea well we all don't see things in Rose Colored Glasses, expectations are fine, reality is harsher and more practical, If you go to the Horse Racing Track or Vegas expecting to fleece the house every time I would think you would also be disappointed.

Many see things as a balance and counterbalance in the game and some weigh towards Green Bay or whoever is the opponent just like the House is favored on most bets placed, and they post their prognosis based on that.

Enjoy your ground Horse Hooves with flavor additives by the way.

I think you both are right, it's just a different mindset that people have or don't. For some people it makes the game more enjoyable to root for your team at all times, for others it's more fun to be surprised when their teams win a game they were expecting them to lose because of the level of competition. Neither mindset is wrong, we are all rooting for the hawks in our own ways.

TasteTheBeastmode

Reaction score
I won't believe this Oline can be a functional unit until I see it be a functional unit. Until then my assumption is it is number 32 out of 32 and behind 31 by a large margin. Another season of getting Cable'd

My prediction: Erin works with a short field all day and hard counts his way to a first down any time he really needs it. Ifedi gets flagged for multiple false starts on his way to doing a great impression of revolving door. Russ gets sacked 4 times and hobbles his way to the locker room late in the third quarter.

Green Bay 27

Seattle 17

rjas77

Reaction score
Packers 28 Hawks 16. 3 offsides from Bennett extend 2 TD drives for Packers

Latest posts