Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Seahawks @ Lions)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Lions haven't faced a team as mighty as the Seahawks this season.
Sure, they may have beat the Patriots convincingly at home, but so what?

Seahawks 17
Lions 20

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Such a tough game to predict. You just don't know what version of the Lions you'll get. Won't be surprised either way, win or lose. If we can continue to establish the run and eat up that clock, we win it.

Beren

Reaction score
I really think Stafford is a fine QB but if our offence picks up where we left off, and our D creates a turnover or two, I'd back us even on the road.

Hawks 31
Lions 27

Record: 6-0

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I see a slight beat down coming for Detroit; 4-TD's (3 passing, 1 rushing) + 1-FG for the Seahawks.
& 1-TD + 2-FG's for Detroit.
This is then a Seahawks WIN with a 31-13 final score.
:smilingalien:

SeaChat

Reaction score
Boy I feel like I'm letting the forum down by not posting more of my long winded, never ending rants, but I've been working myself like a mad man all summer and now fall, trying to make ends meet and keep my head and the heads of my loved ones above water, until I find my way out of these stormy seas.LOL

Don't worry I'm not going to cry you a river, mostly just feeling a little guilty for not being more active this year. I'll try to do better the rest of the season. I have kept up on whats going on, watching YouTube podcast daily, and reading through the forum whenever I get a free minute. In fact its 20 minutes past closing now and I'm here relieving my guilt by at least getting in my Aro's Fearless Prediction for the week.

I did pretty damn good in London against the Raiders, I predicted within a half a dozen (6) sacks, that Carr would be sitting on the sidelines cheering on his backup and while my spread was a bit wider in the Seahawks favor, we did even better than what I predicted we would.

Now on to Detroit. While serving in he Army as a pup, I made friends with some guys from Chicago and Detroit, and I remembered them telling me that when the weather turned cold there, that an Icy cold wind would blow in across the Great Lakes, and down the streets of the city, and that they had saying about that experience each year when it happened, "The Hawk Has Landed", in reference to the biting cold winds, or talons if you will from the hawks (the wind) that had swooped in to town and sank their icy sharp talons to the bone.

Well that is my prediction in a nutshell, "The Hawks have landed in Detroit" and the Lions are going to feel that painful sting when the Seahawks sink their talons to the bone, in the form of The Legion of Boom. Look for the LOB to shut the Lions, primadonna rookie running back, Karryon Johnson, dead in his tracks. Welcome to the Real NFL Karryon, no free passes on this day.

Stop Karryon Johnson and you stop everything the Lions have, They are setting everything they do up off his running game, if he doesn't have one, they have to go to the air, and when they are forced there, sacks and turnovers are a plenty. Bwags and crew know this is the key to the Lion's whole game, and you can bet your bottom dollar they have been working on a answer for this youngster, since they left London.

Matt Stafford is good, really good, he can get the ball out in seconds, and is accurate, but with pressure, he folds and makes lots of mistakes. It's not like he's not the same QB we have played over and over again, and historically he doesn't take a lickin and keep on ticken like some QB's do. Bring down the hammer of the LOB and he'll be making more noises on his way to the sideline bench than Carr did in London. The BOOM is back in the Legion !

If, or I should say when, the LOB shows up and does it's thing, we are going to see how the Lions back up QB does against a top ranked defense this Sunday. At very worst the Lions are going to know they were in a fight at the end of the 4th quarter, and I'm sticking to it, I believe and feel it in my bones, the Hawks are flying out of Detroit with another W in their column.

I sincerely hopes that his pride is all that gets hurt in this game, but I've seen this before. Bwags and KJ, working with Frank and Reed, he is going to feel the pain and frustration that this crew can bring to the best running backs in the game. Marshawn was a prime example and he is no rookie primadonna.

I anticipate a score of Seahawks 33 and Lions, 21, we are going to give them fits. I'm not knocking the Lions, they are an great team and are playing their asses off, I'm saying that the Seahawks are just that good this season. We are on a mission, I've seen it before, 2013 comes to mind. Everything is starting to sync, our offense is on, our running game is for real and unstoppable.

The Raiders knew we were going to run it and couldn't do anything to stop us, neither will Detroit. Russell is up and running at full speed again, he's hot and getting hotter every week. Look for all kinds of crazy passing plays this week, all setup off the running game. I see Doug, Tyler, Ed, Moore, and Brandon all dancing in the end zones with touchdowns, back that up with Chris, Mike, Penny and JD who rumors say may be back and suited up this Sunday, and all of them looking to get their pounds of flesh too. Said and done the Seattle side of the Score Board is gonna be smoking with the numbers.

Alright it's an hour after quitting time, I feel better and like I Did My Duty, for the week. The Seahawks are on their game and firing on all 8 right now. Our Defense, our Offense, and our Special Teams, are all in sync and playing like a team. It appears to me "that they believe", once again. The Magic of the 12 is back, alive and well, you can feel it and smell it in the air, we are on a mission, let the players know you believe and bring on the magic of the 12.

Go Seahawks !

The Breh

Reaction score
Seymour":pphsmifi said:
Seriously. I think playing for Paul is a tacky motive.....how bout they play for that huge game check, their team, their city and their pride?
Not 1 person took the time to address this post.
There's always gotta be that 1 guy...
I think you love to play the contrarian role :3-1:

KJ back.
Ed finally playing.
We've been playing some good football.

I think we're leaving with the dub.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
The Breh":1zruzklb said:
Seymour":1zruzklb said:
Seriously. I think playing for Paul is a tacky motive.....how bout they play for that huge game check, their team, their city and their pride?
Not 1 person took the time to address this post.
There's always gotta be that 1 guy...
I think you love to play the contrarian role :3-1:

KJ back.
Ed finally playing.
We've been playing some good football.

I think we're leaving with the dub.

I think you're right. This might need a comment. I wonder if there's an unapologetic member willing to do so... hmmmm Oh I guess that's me.

He spent 194 million dollars on our team to keep it in the city they belong in while ensuring a new stadium was built and subsequently the Hawks went on to play in 4 superbowls, winning one... and multiple playoff games. I say honor Mr. Allen and re-name Occidental Ave in his honor. If it's tacky to honor a fallen leader, call me the king of tack.

SeaChat

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":wx5ahtuv said:
I see a slight beat down coming for Detroit; 4-TD's (3 passing, 1 rushing) + 1-FG for the Seahawks.
& 1-TD + 2-FG's for Detroit.
This is then a Seahawks WIN with a 31-13 final score.
:smilingalien:

Your score prediction was even closer than mine, lol, and it was a proper “beat down” , or as I phrased it “we lowered the BOOM”. the Legion of Boom is back, bigger and badder than ever. I was so glad to see the LOB shut down Kerryon. He got his first proper welcome to the NFL today.

Our offense helped control the game, with another strong showing by the Seahawks run game. It deflates and destroys a defense, when they know we’re going to run it, and even then can’t do a damn thing to stop us. I was wrong about Stafford, not the part about him taking a lickin, we delivered on that, but to his credit he managed to stay on the field and finish the game without calling in his backup to take the rest of his beating for him.

Our Special Teams delivered by not allowing the Lyons much in the way of field position, and how about our Aussie punter, who pulled off the fake punt and ran for a first down and sealed the deal for us by giving Russell the control of the clock we needed to all but end the game.

I’m going back in a bit and watch that very last play of the game, where, while the Lyons were out of time on the clock, as best as I could see, the Hawks intercepted it and ran it down into the end zone for what should have been another touchdown. As long as the play is alive, the time on the clock means nothing and the outcome of the play counts. Just because the Lions ran off the field and gave up on stopping the Seahawk player from running it in, doesn’t mean it doesn’t count.

Could be wishful thinking on my part, but they didn’t stick around to tell us what the replay showed, terminating the feed, the score unchanged and, in my opinion left the game with an unanswered question about the outcome of that final effort by Seattle. If it was another touch down, will they readjust the final score after the fact? and what about our shot at an extra point or two, as well.

The Seahawks Rocked today, THE BOOM IS BACK!