Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Panthers)

HansGruber

Reaction score
Seattle 31-16 Carolina

Season Record: 0-0

Notes:
Carolina will rack up some rush yards due to Seattle's holes on the DL, but will be unable to score more than one TD as Seattle's strong secondary comes through in the Red Zone. Cam rushes for 80 yards, throws for 200, 1 TD, I INT.

Seattle will light it up on offense with a new look, fast-paced attack that nobody really expected, with more spread schemes than read option. Beast Mode won't get 100 yards against Carolina's excellent DL, but Russell will rush for 40 and throw for another 350, with 3 TDs and 0 INTs.

Thanks to Russell Wilson, I will take home a win in my fantasy league for Week 1.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Intellectually, I can think of all kinds of reasons why this might be a trap game, why their D may make this a low scoring game, and so on, but deep down my gut tells me our D is going to shut them down and we pull away at the end. Hawks 37-14.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Carolina may have an awesome front 7 but neither their secondary or offense is good enough to keep up with us. 28-10 Seahawks.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks 30.

Panthers 13.

It'll be real close going into the second half, but Seattle will lock em up and throw away the key.

12evanf

Reaction score
Seahawks 24
Panthers 13

I predict at least 1 defensive touchdown for us. Maybe 2.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think the first half will be slow and frustrating, but expect the Seahawks to turn it on in the second half. Our defense is elite while their offense is middle of the pack. I would like to see our offense get creative with the play calling and try to get their good defense caught on the wrong foot. Containing and pressuring Newton will be paramount to stopping their offense if we have the lead late in the game.

Seahawks win it 31-17.

2013 Record: 0-0

kearly

Reaction score
Start slow, finish fast.

23-13 Seattle.

bellingerga

Reaction score
27 - 6

Seahawks defense forces 4 turnovers, atleast 1 of them goes for a score.

Russell and company come out slow but get a long scoring drive ahead of halftime.

The panthers offense never finds a groove and they come out with 2 fieldgoals.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2ogfvkn9 said:
I'm going with...

Hawks 27

Panthers 16

No real bias here, but good choice! :th2thumbs:

yeastmode

Reaction score
Worst case scenario, both team's offenses lay an egg and it comes down to turnovers and explosive plays, in which case our defense and superior special teams generate at least two touchdowns and Seattle wins 23-9, with Seattle also winning the turnover battle 4-1.

Best case, our offense charges out of the gate with Tate finally realizing his breakout season against a fail Panthers secondary and Beastmode not losing a step behind a revelatory Derrick Coleman and road-grading Carp, in which case win falling out of bed, 41-16 (Kitties pick up a garbage time TD late against our subs).

Reality will probably be somewhere between these two extremes, but results at either end would not surprise me either. Under no circumstances do I see Carolina producing enough offense to overcome against our defense. The Panthers will commit too many turnovers and give up too many explosive plays in their secondary and on special teams.

Also, I'm not as concerned about this 10am east coast start. Whatever ill effects such starts can have mid-season will be mitigated by the fact it is the first game of the season and the team is not recovering from playing a game the previous week. The heat may be somewhat of a factor but it will effect Carolina as well. I'm confident our trainers will be on top of that, making sure the team begins hyrdrating in the days leading up to the game.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
tdlabrie":2fuhhwhe said:
Carolina 13
Seahawks 7

So sorry, I hope I'm wrong.

Dude if our offense scores just 7 points I'm going to kill something.

Hawks-24
Panthers-14

cacksman

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":33k9iult said:
41-3

Bring on the 49ers.

This. We're not losing. The team won't be overlooking Carolina, but I sure am!

On a more serious note, I would bet a lot of money for Seattle to cover the spread.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":nm2w63b6 said:
kearly":nm2w63b6 said:
Start slow, finish fast.

I really hope not. That will sink us when it matters. We cannot continue doing it practically every other game.

Do your homework, Roland.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70480

bestfightstory quote:

"CAN I TELL YOU A SECRET??

The 2012 Seattle Seahawks scored FIRST in EACH of their first 8 games!!!!!

Their record, at that point?

4-4

Can I tell you another one?

Of the 16 regular season games played last year.......

Seattle scored first 13 times.......

The exceptions were vs Minnesota @ Chicago and @ Miami We were 2-1 in those games....."

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I can't help but think it's going to be an ugly, low scoring defensive battle.

Sac

Reaction score
Seahawks win: 31-6

We establish the run in the first half but only put up 10 points to Carolina's 6. We shut them down in the second half and score another 21 on play action passes and pounding the ball in the 4th.