Article: Kam Chancellor's Holdout: Follow the money

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think it's also about his idiot agent, Alvin Keels. I'm guessing that he's probably already spent all the money he got out of Kam's first contract and is giving Kam bad advice for his own personal gain. This guy has gotten in trouble before for borrowing money from a player.

"At issue is a $200,000 loan that he received from Madieu Williams, a safety with the Minnesota Vikings. Keels did not receive the money directly from Williams (he received the stipend from a private equity firm called BluePrint, LLC)."

http://sportsagentblog.com/2010/12/22/c ... om-player/

A former Agent, Joel Corry said this hold out is out of line.

"Kam's side is completely out of line," Corry said. "I don't particularly ever thought I'd say that because I've been through a couple holdouts... When he's comparing his salary to Richard Sherman's and Earl Thomas', I think that's completely unreasonable from the agent's part."

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-ag ... e-39311878

HansGruber

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1oahbr9m said:
Marlin Man":1oahbr9m said:
Kam is STUPID and makes me laugh, how stupid he really is

Would you say that to his face? Honest question.

What's the point of such a question? I've always wondered why people ask other fans this.

Do you honestly believe that Kam would assault a fan for calling him stupid?

And what is that supposed to say about the person being assaulted? They shouldn't question Kam's intelligence or motives unless they're "man enough" to beat him up?

Are we in kindergarten?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":1bgqtrv4 said:
peachesenregalia":1bgqtrv4 said:
Marlin Man":1bgqtrv4 said:
Kam is STUPID and makes me laugh, how stupid he really is

Would you say that to his face? Honest question.

What's the point of such a question? I've always wondered why people ask other fans this.

Do you honestly believe that Kam would assault a fan for calling him stupid?

And what is that supposed to say about the person being assaulted? They shouldn't question Kam's intelligence or motives unless they're "man enough" to beat him up?

Are we in kindergarten?

I believe there's a misunderstanding here.

The point is most people aren't so disrespectful to call someone stupid to their face, but they'll do it on social media. If you wouldn't say it to the person's face, why type it on a public board that could be read by the player?

Anonymity breeds contempt.

Rocket

Reaction score
ivotuk":6zqoc9dz said:
I think it's also about his idiot agent, Alvin Keels. I'm guessing that he's probably already spent all the money he got out of Kam's first contract and is giving Kam bad advice for his own personal gain. This guy has gotten in trouble before for borrowing money from a player.

"At issue is a $200,000 loan that he received from Madieu Williams, a safety with the Minnesota Vikings. Keels did not receive the money directly from Williams (he received the stipend from a private equity firm called BluePrint, LLC)."

"Kam's side is completely out of line," Corry said. "I don't particularly ever thought I'd say that because I've been through a couple holdouts... When he's comparing his salary to Richard Sherman's and Earl Thomas', I think that's completely unreasonable from the agent's part."

Like I been saying... this is all on his agent - a player trusts their agent until... well... this.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Boom!

Evan Hill ‏@evan_hill1 · 12m12 minutes ago
So just to clarify: Paul Allen has stepped in to halt all current negotiations with Kam Chancellor. HAMMER DROPPED.

Jville

Reaction score
Rocket":ficz4u0t said:
ivotuk":ficz4u0t said:

Like I been saying... this is all on his agent - a player trusts their agent until... well... this.

That agent, Alvin Keels who already removed Byron Maxwell, may end accomplishing what so many opposing NFL teams were unable to do ..... namely the dismantling of the Legion of Boom.

two dog

Reaction score
Whether it's Kam or his agent, they have put the Seahawks in a position
from which they cannot back down. This has more to do with their entire
pay structure than just this one player.

He is valued, he is needed, he is wanted but he is not worth tearing your team
up because he, or his agent, is unhappy.

Can't trade him because that's a win for Kam's Kamp (assuming they can find
someone willing to pay him like Earl). The Seahawks don't have to DO anything,
just wait for the lack of money to start pinching. And it will.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'm with Kam all the way and hopes he gets a nice bump in pay; that said, the agent ultimately works for the player. Not the other way around.

The agent may be giving (has given) bad advice, but a man as headstrong, prideful and intelligent as Kam is not doing anything that is not of his own volition.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/642451058527109120[/tweet]

2_0_6

Reaction score
I love it.

Draw the line in the sand and stick to it. Him, his family, and his foundation will need his paycheck more than the Hawks need him.

Who's going to blink first? :th2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/642442191210614784[/tweet]

Looks to me like Seahawk 2015 cap room will begin to grow by about $287K per week.

ivotuk

Reaction score
What ever gave him the idea that this was a good move?

Not only has it cost the team in disruption, and having to scramble to find a replacement, but now it looks like it's cost us a 5th round pick as well! That probably upset JS more than anything because those draft picks are like gold to him.

hawk45

Reaction score
If the hawks offered the 3.1 mil from the start Kam's behavior is moving from ill-conceived to delusional. Especially if the hawks haven't budged from that.

SeaChat

Reaction score
This whole thing stinks Kam, and as a life time fan of the Seahawks I for one would willingly let you go broke with your bullheaded tactics. This crap of not honoring the contract you agreed to, and in turn punishing everyone else involved, by holding our whole defense core hostage is unforgivable. If you don't think that your teammates and fans don't' feel totally betrayed by you right now, then you are really deluding yourself. You were dealt with in an honorable and fair fashion when you signed on the dotted line and picked up your paycheck, and now because you performed as your contract paid you to, you suddenly think you have the right to try to strong-arm everyone out of more money? What if you had gotten injured or played like crap, then what? would you have come back and asked to give a few million back to the team? I don't think so.. You are single handily setting the Seahawks up to fail, by holding out and by trying to force management into setting a precedence that they simply cannot keep the team together under. If they did this with you then they would have to try and to it with everyone else who played up to their ability. Since we cant afford to do that and paying you would end up costing us other as valuable players wanting to follow your example, you have left everyone no choice except to let you go in order to save the rest of the team from pulling the same crap and loosing even more players.. I honestly don't know if it's not already to late for you to turn this thing around., I wonder if you showed up to play today and tried to put this whole thing to rest, if your teammates and fans would ever trust you again. I always thought you were about so much more than simple dollars, you were credited with being the heart and soul of the Seattle Seahawks defense, I have completely lost sight of that during this ordeal and I think you have to. Maybe it's time you do some real soul searching and ask yourself what your real priorities are here and what all these people that look up to you and count on you really mean to you. If your greed and the few dollars more you think you might wrestle away from the team are really of more importance to you than the overall well being of the Seahawk's team and our season then maybe the best thing for them to do is to be rid of you and let someone else who has more integrity and a more honorable value system than what you do, have your contract and your position. Your dreaming if you think that you are irreplaceable, and that no one else can play the way you play or lead the way you lead. One of these days your going to figure out that the Seattle Seahawks are not just men playing positions, they are a combination of players and fans and the powerful spirit that their hopes and dreams combined have formed that shows the rest of the world that there is still something magic in this world that can't be logically explained away, and that when everyone comes together there is almost nothing that can hold them back from succeeding. You of all people should know that and did once I think, you just forgot in your chase for the fame and dollars. Wake up, suit up and play ball, the rewards will come naturally, have some faith that things will work out.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
pacific101":2i6gfbnd said:
This whole thing stinks Kam, and as a life time fan of the Seahawks I for one would willingly let you go broke with your bullheaded tactics. This crap of not honoring the contract you agreed to, and in turn punishing everyone else involved, by holding our whole defense core hostage is unforgivable.

If you don't think that your teammates and fans don't' feel totally betrayed by you right now, then you are really deluding yourself. You were dealt with in an honorable and fair fashion when you signed on the dotted line and picked up your paycheck, and now because you performed as your contract paid you to, you suddenly think you have the right to try to strong-arm everyone out of more money? What if you had gotten injured or played like crap, then what? would you have come back and asked to give a few million back to the team? I don't think so..

You are single handily setting the Seahawks up to fail, by holding out and by trying to force management into setting a precedence that they simply cannot keep the team together under. If they did this with you then they would have to try and to it with everyone else who played up to their ability. Since we cant afford to do that and paying you would end up costing us other as valuable players wanting to follow your example, you have left everyone no choice except to let you go in order to save the rest of the team from pulling the same crap and loosing even more players..

I honestly don't know if it's not already too late for you to turn this thing around., I wonder if you showed up to play today and tried to put this whole thing to rest, if your teammates and fans would ever trust you again. I always thought you were about so much more than simple dollars, you were credited with being the heart and soul of the Seattle Seahawks defense,

I have completely lost sight of that during this ordeal and I think you have to. Maybe it's time you do some real soul searching and ask yourself what your real priorities are here and what all these people that look up to you and count on you really mean to you.

If your greed and the few dollars more you think you might wrestle away from the team are really of more importance to you than the overall well being of the Seahawk's team and our season then maybe the best thing for them to do is to be rid of you and let someone else who has more integrity and a more honorable value system than what you do, have your contract and your position. Your dreaming if you think that you are irreplaceable, and that no one else can play the way you play or lead the way you lead.

One of these days your going to figure out that the Seattle Seahawks are not just men playing positions, they are a combination of players and fans and the powerful spirit that their hopes and dreams combined have formed that shows the rest of the world that there is still something magic in this world that can't be logically explained away, and that when everyone comes together there is almost nothing that can hold them back from succeeding.

You of all people should know that and did once I think, you just forgot in your chase for the fame and dollars. Wake up, suit up and play ball, the rewards will come naturally, have some faith that things will work out.

:2:

Paragraphs appreciated!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Kam has exerted leverage in refusing to play in this game, which I refer to as the nuclear option, and talking to the media about supposed details of the negotiation. The team is exerting leverage back in refusing to negotiate any further now that Kam has decided to not play in a game.