Article: Kam Chancellor's Holdout: Follow the money

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
lsheldon":1z6jwc3z said:
Just saw this linked through MSN.com but hadn't seen it listed anywhere else, anyone seen this yet?

http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/? ... _id=114587

Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen reportedly has told his contract people to end negotiations with holdout safety Kam Chancellor.

Ha nearly the same story! Everybody is interpreting Ed Werder and spinning it away.

ptisme

Reaction score
How much does Sunday's game affect this? If Seattle was to play poorly or lose to St. Louis would the exec's cave to Kam's demands?

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
ptisme":1xnglz1n said:
How much does Sunday's game affect this? If Seattle was to play poorly or lose to St. Louis would the exec's cave to Kam's demands?

No.

OrFan

Reaction score
Sit at home and go broke, Kam.

I am so glad they drew the line in the sand, now stick to it.

kujohawk

Reaction score
Not really. It is what it is and the games will go on. The thing that bugs me the most though is I think along the lines of Pacific's post when you negotiate a deal and you sign your name it's done. If you don't keep your side of the deal I'll never trust you or deal with you again. What you want a new contract your gonna break?

You take the big bucks up front happily, but two years in try to strongarm the team cause his slice of the pie didn't turn out to be as big as his buddies. Boo hoo baby. That's not being a high character man that's being a baby. Simple as that. A spoiled rotten petulant brat baby. Not a man. His mama should spank his behind. The seahawks should let him sit and rot for three years and not pay him.

He don't like his pay grade obviously well then he needs to be dealing with the union. And unions don't like or support wildcat shenanigans either. Back in the day he might have a couple goons take him for a ride to the ocean maybe help him wash his face and sort of set him straight. You don't deal with management we deal with management and you deal with us, you don't like it your out. Maybe my union was tougher than his but you get the point. Regardless its the owners and players union that agree on the wage scales for positions as to agreed market values for contracts and you can't have individuals running around breaking contracts fouling up the works like Kam is. I haven't heard anything about what the union has to say about it.

You don't wanna play sunday for a quarter of a mil fine quit. Go fishing. Too bad Kam you were a hell of a football player. Good luck with your future endeavors

mrt144

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":1yeopavs said:
Does it really matter at this point what happens?

No, but people gotta occupy their time on this planet some how. :lol:

ptisme

Reaction score
The scary thing for the rest of the league is Seattle may not skip a beat without him. I was reading John Clayton this morning and he said the Dline is better, the LB'ers are loaded with speedy play makers, and the young players in the secondary have talent and are well coached...

If Clayton is right and Seattle doesn't miss a beat then they hold all the cards.. You guys maybe knew this but as a Packers fan this was news to me....