Article on who the Seahawks could target in free agency

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Financial contract negotiations haven't even started yet. Does anyone here think Earl Thomas and/or his agent is going to throw out a LOW number? Generally, during negotiations, the player's agent throws out a high number to start the negotiations. In most situations, you have a high number to start and you have a minimum amount you'd settle for. They just want as much as they can get and you can't start any negotiation by throwing out your "settle for" number at the start.

themunn

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1ylkgexj said:
Seanhawk":1ylkgexj said:
CALIHAWK1":1ylkgexj said:
And Jimmy Graham being paid as a TE is a joke considerimg he lines up outside more times than not and couldnt block an end to save his life.

But if Graham wants to be paid like a WR, then he should be denied the spoils of being a TE. I guarantee you he is using his Pro Bowl or All-Pro selections as a leverage point to get more money. How many of those does he have because he is designated a TE? My initial guess is he'd be lucky to have one Pro Bowl under his belt if he was a WR.

Seeing how he got franchise tagged he isnt using eithet for anything. On top of that if you look at what Sidney Rice has made what All Pro or Pro Bowls did he use as leverager to get his $$$$$? Is/was Graham a more important piece of what NO does to what Rice did for us? I dont think FO's put a ton of stock into PB's and AP's. They put stock into on field value.

Also Graham didnt even make Pro Bowl this year. Thats what a joke that is. Heath Miller did though. Just like Sherman didnt the year before that.

What year is it

Jimmy Graham made the pro bowl this year. Miller went last year... and only because the NFC is stacked with TEs whilst the AFC has Gronkowski and that's it

Subzero717

Reaction score
themunn":25435v6v said:
CALIHAWK1":25435v6v said:
Seanhawk":25435v6v said:
CALIHAWK1":25435v6v said:
And Jimmy Graham being paid as a TE is a joke considerimg he lines up outside more times than not and couldnt block an end to save his life.

But if Graham wants to be paid like a WR, then he should be denied the spoils of being a TE. I guarantee you he is using his Pro Bowl or All-Pro selections as a leverage point to get more money. How many of those does he have because he is designated a TE? My initial guess is he'd be lucky to have one Pro Bowl under his belt if he was a WR.

Seeing how he got franchise tagged he isnt using eithet for anything. On top of that if you look at what Sidney Rice has made what All Pro or Pro Bowls did he use as leverager to get his $$$$$? Is/was Graham a more important piece of what NO does to what Rice did for us? I dont think FO's put a ton of stock into PB's and AP's. They put stock into on field value.

Also Graham didnt even make Pro Bowl this year. Thats what a joke that is. Heath Miller did though. Just like Sherman didnt the year before that.

What year is it

Jimmy Graham made the pro bowl this year. Miller went last year... and only because the NFC is stacked with TEs whilst the AFC has Gronkowski and that's it

My bad. Why its called 2014 pro bowl when its 2013 season makes no sense. In any case my point is I dont think FO's put much weight into fan voting pro bowls or all pros when negotiating. If they did matter he wouldnt be trying to be designated as a WR. How many other defenses key in on true tight ends the way NE put Talib, their best CB over Graham? He is 15 in league in recieving.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't expect anything to happen until just before, or until after the draft.

Love how you set it up Rob with pros and cons for signing free agents. I think your cons definitely outweigh the pros and there just isn't anyone exciting in free agency this year.

We have a strong team and now John is going to work on maintaining the major pieces such as Earl Thomas, Michael Bennett, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson and Golden Tate.

That means filling the other slots with low cost draft picks, and bargain basement free agent signings.

I would really like to see them get Earl signed long term this year, but if they stay true to form, they will get Bennett then Tate done, then spend a couple of months working on ETs contract.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Rob, a name that I just came across I didnt realize was a FA and found interesting is Everson Griffin. Whats your take on him?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Tony McDaniel did work this last season and if their is anyway Seattle can keep him it would benefit the Defense. If they keep Clemons i think he's got one more good year left in him so i would'nt be opposed to that but if Clemons leaves he his role requires at least one veteran in free agency to fill the void.

Sign Tony McDaniel and if Clemons is cut go after Jared Allen.