Just Another Free Agency Breakdown

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
The advantage of re-signing Sherman this year is the effective raise for this season.

He's due 1.4 this season, and let's say his market value is 14/yr. If we let him play out this season and he signs with Team X for 14/yr for 4 years, that's a total of 57.4 over 5 years.

But if we extend him this year, we could pay him that same 57.4 over 5 years and it would only cost us 11.5/yr. He also gets the signing bonus a year earlier, and any Stanford grad should know about the future value of money. It's cap-friendly security for the Seahawks and makes good financial sense for Sherman. I really hope we can get it done.

bigcc

Reaction score
two dog":37zi1xth said:
jblaze":37zi1xth said:
sutz":37zi1xth said:
Thanks for pulling that together.

The one thing that "surprises" me, I guess, is Mike Rob. Anybody think he'll be back? I suspect we might let him walk off into the sunset, which would give the Chris Michael fan club hope to see him more often. Then we'd have a more 'normal' 3RB/1FB backfield, rather than carrying 2FB. Which puts the onus on Ware to be prepared, I guess.

Just wondering if anybody had any clues.

Robinson is gone. He only came back due to the injuries to Ware/Coleman. Ware will be healthy this year and will fulfill that role going forward.

Too bad. MikeRob was a towering presence in the locker room. Hell, he earned his contract just for Super Bowl week.
Big shoes for Ware and Coleman.

Ironically unfortunate that he obviously has a career as a tv personality, as I think he'd be a great assistant coach for the FB's/ST.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Tical21":16wvakoj said:
What is the point of the thread?

I guess just for you to add a senseless, depreciative a-hole comment but what's new, right?

Tical21

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":10af2n84 said:
Tical21":10af2n84 said:

I guess just for you to add a senseless, depreciative a-hole comment but what's new, right?
It was a serious question. You always have a motive, some point you're trying to prove. But I can't figure out what this one was. Was it just to write down all of the moves the Seahawks have or have not made? I'm really asking, what is your point. Can you give us a summary or thesis?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":21avb94k said:
Pandion Haliaetus":21avb94k said:
Tical21":21avb94k said:

It was a serious question. You always have a motive, some point you're trying to prove. But I can't figure out what this one was. Was it just to write down all of the moves the Seahawks have or have not made? I'm really asking, what is your point. Can you give us a summary or thesis?
He did at the beginning, he said this is for those people that thought we haven't been active in free agency.