At What Point Do We Start Blaming Schneider?

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IF: The OL is the major problem that everyone believes then...........................................

PC/JS need to light a fire under Coach Cable's ass to fix it now, or he's on a bus back to Oakland.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":lz2rdm7d said:
On the draft front, besides Lockett and maybe Frank Clark, our drafts have also generally been poor after 2012. Haven't added a single game-changer via draft since that time. Meanwhile, Arizona has added a couple key pieces in every draft during that same stretch.

I get where you are coming from, but I have to interject.

I know Tharold Simon drives us all insane, but if he stays healthy and cuts down on the penalties I think he has the makings of a star corner. I hated the Paul Richardson pick, but I really liked how he was transforming the pass offense before he went down with injury. Jordan Hill is turning into a low profile star. Thomas Rawls has been a UDFA steal. Frank Clark and Tyler Lockette, as mentioned. I really liked what I saw of Glowinsky and Tye Smith in the preseason. A 1st round pick turned into Jimmy Graham.

As far as Arizona goes, their 2015 draft isn't looking so hot outside of David Johnson. Their best pick from 2014 is probably John Brown, a good #3 WR. Tyrann Mathieu saved their 2013 draft. Ellington is starting to look like an injury prone 3rd down back at this point.

Basically, Arizona is killing it in round 3 but has been mostly a disaster in all the other rounds. They aren't where they are because of the draft. They are successful because Steve Keim is rock solid in the free agency phase of the offseason, and because Arians is an extremely good coach who is nails at hiring defensive assistants.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2k92ctnj said:
They have made some questionable moves.

"We spent a 5th rounder on Kelcie McCray. Jets got a WR1 (Brandon Marshall) for the same cost. Let that sink in." - Good point by DavidSeven in another thread

JS can draft but isn't good at making solid trades. We almost always overpay.
What good is a Marshall when our QB can't get to JG enough as it is.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
One thing I'm not buying from JS is his hatred of low 1st round draft picks. The Saints took Stephone Anthony with the pick we traded them ( I know we don't need a MLB) who has turned out to be a really good player fast. Here are some more we could have gotten: Malcom Brown DT, Donovan Smith T, T.J Yeldon RB, Devin Smith Wr, I could go on. We had to wait 6 weeks for Graham to recognize he needs to not quit on his routes when Russell scrambles,,really. This offseason has been inexcusable and hope they learn from it.