Atlanta - New England * SB LI game thread *

hannibalking

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Did we really think it was going to go any other way after how the NBA Championship and the World Series went?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":8ead27qi said:
seahawkfreak":8ead27qi said:
Should have bet that thousand I wanted to

Aren't you glad you didn't now?

Yep. I usually don't gamble but I was pretty sure about the Falcons. I also know betting against Vegas usually ends up pretty shitty.

hannibalking

Reaction score
Wish I was a betting man. 10-2 the last 12 Super Bowls. Naturally those 2 losses are the Seahawks. :(

BlueThunder

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2eqszb2w said:
Largent80":2eqszb2w said:
FalconsFanNW":2eqszb2w said:
Speechless.

Unbelievable. Well at least I'll save money on Super Bowl gear. The most epic choke in Super Bowl history is complete.

Cya next season.

Sorry man, trust me, we know how you feel.

It's all good man... Just got a text from my brother in GA. He said "I knew the Atlanta I knew would show up eventually. I'm done with the Falcons I'll never watch another down."

Now that I think about it I'm gonna do the same. The team will never get over this and will forever be labeled for the biggest choke job ever.

Just done with it. So many let downs with the Braves and now the Falcons. To hell with the

Fans
Always
Left
Counting
On
Next
Season

Meh.

Not even mad just kinda in a state of shock. Either way there's no way I'm ever gonna subject myself to the constant trolling that will come from being a Falcons fan.

Not gonna do it. LOL. Later guys. :mrgreen:

Oh stop it. Typical, and also expected after a devastating loss. You'll be back. We had a killer knife to the gut 2 years ago, costing us our place in NFL history, and we're still here. And no, winning the SB the year before didn't soften the blow. It hurt worse because of the history that was yanked away in an instant, after our destiny seemed assured after that improbable, historic comeback against Green Bay. It hurt like nothing I've ever experienced. Time.... Heals all wounds. See you next year buddy. Keep your chin up, as they say... You ARE still the NFC Champions. That made me feel a little better. And the Banner will hang from your rafters forever. Be proud of your Falcons. They had a kick ass year. And believe you me, nobody feels worse than your players and coaches. How you think they're sleeping tonight?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2upmnn96 said:
CodeWarrior":2upmnn96 said:
RussB":2upmnn96 said:
brady is the best of all time, you cant deny it.

Some idiots will try. He's the greatest. Period.

Is this showing brilliance or something? Michael Jordan is the best basketball player ever

Oooo, quarrelsome I see. Brilliance? No. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
At kickoff and through 28-3 I wanted the falcons to go Super Bowl 48 on the Pats. But When the game got to 28-20 I flipped and wanted the Pats to win I wanted the "greatest" to happen. Terrific game to watch as a neutral.

Brady and Belichek... like Jordan and Jackson. You hate them... but a decade from now we will be glad we saw them.

chris98251

Reaction score
As a football fan one of the greatest games ever in the Super Bowl, Tom Brady and Bill Belichek are cemented in history as the dynamic duo of professional football.

As a Seahawks Fan, :pukeface: damn those bastards.

Hawks46

Reaction score
IrishNW":1fk2eyws said:
Atlanta wont recover form this

Couple this loss with last season where they went 6-0, then choked the last half the season away. They were still talking about it this year until after the loss to the Hawks where people finally felt they were legit.

SB losses are much harder, both to endure and to live down. Shanahan leaving on top of it all......not really sure how ATL is going to look next year. They have a talented young team with a good amount of cap space (we're not talking Cowboys here), but I can't honestly see Carolina imploding this badly next year either.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
[youtube]AFrYCooFPJo[/youtube]

So, I guess watching re-runs of the game is now impossible....... :lol:

mikeak

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":32ka8ahd said:
West TX Hawk":32ka8ahd said:
seahawkfreak":32ka8ahd said:
Should have bet that thousand I wanted to

Aren't you glad you didn't now?

Yep. I usually don't gamble but I was pretty sure about the Falcons. I also know betting against Vegas usually ends up pretty shitty.

Yes it does - pretty pissed still............ it hurts when you are already counting the money in your wallet and someone takes them back

mikeak

Reaction score
chris98251":2fawbl7p said:
As a football fan one of the greatest games ever in the Super Bowl, Tom Brady and Bill Belichek are cemented in history as the dynamic duo of professional football.

As a Seahawks Fan, :pukeface: damn those bastards.

It was one of the greatest endings, the greatest comeback but not the greatest game in my opinion.

Three quarters were relatively slow a great game is slugging it out from start to end

Denver-GB seems to have been much more like that back in the days but my memory may be totally wrong

Just like the Titans - Rams game. It wasn't very good but had an amazing ending

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
What a great game by the Patriots. Exciting to watch overall. I thought it was going to a blow there for a minute, and the battled back and made play after play.

Biggest SB collapse of all time by the Falcons. Ouch. Don't see them getting back anytime soon, either.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Man I thought that game was heading to SB48 land with the Falcons playing our role. Oops.

What an incredible comeback and Brady is now unquestionably the greatest QB to ever play the game. But what an awful kick to the lower nether regions for every Falcon fan. Ouch.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":e4taxrrw said:
seahawkfreak":e4taxrrw said:
CodeWarrior":e4taxrrw said:
RussB":e4taxrrw said:
brady is the best of all time, you cant deny it.

Some idiots will try. He's the greatest. Period.

Is this showing brilliance or something? Michael Jordan is the best basketball player ever

Oooo, quarrelsome I see. Brilliance? No. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Because two post were trying to make some sort of prophetic statement against an argument that no one was making.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I haven't seen it mentioned, but did anybody notice Alan Branch last night?

Dude was ballin'. Multiple destroyed double-teams and collapsed pockets. He was a big factor in the second half.

Another we shouldn't have let walk.

onepicknick

Reaction score
Like I said If Dan doesn't try an out coach Bill he has a chance but every coach has to try I guess. Your team is leading HUGE take every second off the clock RUN THE BALL heck Brady's 2 min offense took more time off the clock before he snap the ball.

Either way won 20 bet on Pats but I would of liked to lose that 20

Latest posts