Atlanta - New England * SB LI game thread *

HawkFan72

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2qx2hn95 said:
It really puts our loss in perspective. We had just won a trophy the year before, so the pressure on us to win was far lighter than it was on Atlanta today. And now, to get as close as you can to winning it all without winning it all--nothing short of a trophy will remedy that pain. No conference championship, no MVP awards. It will all be followed with an, "Okay, but..."

There will always be that final inch hanging over the organization's head.

Wow.

Exactly. Imagine if the Seahawks blew the lead to the Broncos in Super Bowl 48 AFTER Harvin's return TD to open the 2nd half. And lost.

That's the feeling these Falcons fans are feeling. Just excruciatingly brutal.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Glad it's them lamenting and not us, although so many people here have their anuses still plowed by XLIX.

Glad I am way over it.

Rocket

Reaction score
Is anyone pondering the booth review, or lack therein, as to the final touchdown.
It felt kinda slimy and NewEnglandish to me...
and he was short by half a ball from my view.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rocket":3k04q7ge said:
Is anyone pondering the booth review, or lack therein, as to the final touchdown.
It felt kinda slimy and NewEnglandish to me...
and he was short by half a ball from my view.

He was in. Ball crossed right when the knee went down. Bang-bang play.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) Easily a TD on the last play. Not that close

2) ALL scoring plays are reviewed so it was reviewed

3) you could even argue that the ball was jarred lose for a few seconds as he crosses over. He then firmly re-grips it when he is way in and after the knee was down

I wanted them to lose so badly but doesn't change the fact that it was a TD

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Husky Seahawk":30ra5aeh said:
FalconsFanNW":30ra5aeh said:
Largent80":30ra5aeh said:
FalconsFanNW":30ra5aeh said:
Speechless.

Unbelievable. Well at least I'll save money on Super Bowl gear. The most epic choke in Super Bowl history is complete.

Cya next season.

Sorry man, trust me, we know how you feel.

It's all good man... Just got a text from my brother in GA. He said "I knew the Atlanta I knew would show up eventually. I'm done with the Falcons I'll never watch another down."

Now that I think about it I'm gonna do the same. The team will never get over this and will forever be labeled for the biggest choke job ever.

Just done with it. So many let downs with the Braves and now the Falcons. To hell with the

Fans
Always
Left
Counting
On
Next
Season

Meh.

Not even mad just kinda in a state of shock. Either way there's no way I'm ever gonna subject myself to the constant trolling that will come from being a Falcons fan.

Not gonna do it. Screw this team. LOL. Later guys. :mrgreen:

Wow, you have been talking so much smack over through the playoffs, puffing up your chest. You lose the game and now you quit on "your" team?

Okay then, Bye Felicia. :177692:
Exactly what I was thinking. WOW. I just think of all the years of heartache being a Seahawk fan. I could NEVER jump ship. It's the reason I have so much respect for Lions fans. They joke about their team, put them down, etc, etc....But they keep watching every Sunday. Honestly, if there is a fan base that deserves a SB(not more than us ;) ) it is Detroit. Falcon fans are fair-weather fans. No respect.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1ieldrqv said:
Exactly what I was thinking. WOW. I just think of all the years of heartache being a Seahawk fan. I could NEVER jump ship. It's the reason I have so much respect for Lions fans. They joke about their team, put them down, etc, etc....But they keep watching every Sunday. Honestly, if there is a fan base that deserves a SB(not more than us ;) ) it is Detroit. Falcon fans are fair-weather fans. No respect.

I don't feel sorry for the Lions at all. The city has had a team since 1934 and has a rich history. It has 19 hall of famers and 4 championships (before the merger). Those fans wont get a SB until ownership changes.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2d16huyw said:
Seahwkgal":2d16huyw said:

I don't feel sorry for the Lions at all. The city has had a team since 1934 and has a rich history. It has 19 hall of famers and 4 championships (before the merger). Those fans wont get a SB until ownership changes.
C'mon dude, they have NEVER even been in a SB and unless you are damn near 80 those old years don't mean squat anymore. I am in the 'turning' 50 age group and most of the Lions fans are my age or younger. I still have mad respect for their loyalty and ability to take pain. :laugh: