Avril and Bennett could give Panthers' solid OL problems

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
panthers4life":n2owai46 said:
CodeWarrior":n2owai46 said:
I'm not convinced you even understood the article you posted. Yes, Ginn practiced, but after Thursday's practice went to see a doctor due to continuing soreness.

Look at the timeline:

Practiced Wednesday --> practiced Thursday, reaggravated the injury and went to the doctor --> didn't practice today.

Sure inspires confidence.

Your jedi troll tricks are useless here. I'm not sure you can comprehend english since you translated "some soreness" and a "a little soreness" into "continuing soreness".

This was fun for a bit but you've grown boring. Moving along.

Ah yes, seems we have another condescending provocateur who's nowhere to be found come the afternoon of January 17th.

RussB

Reaction score
panthers4life":3ttavrlu said:
RussB":3ttavrlu said:
Im pretty confident sherman, lane , and shead along with ET with give ginn and funchess HUGE problems. You can can count on it. This isnt the saints secondary.

No doubt your secondary is talented enough to give anyone running a route fits. Tedd Ginn doesn't have to succeed that often to be a factor though. For example, our first game against Atlanta, he only caught two passes. TWO. They went for 120 yards and 14 points though. One of which he was clocked at nearly 23mph, almost as fast as Usain Bolt's record speed of 23.35mph in the 100 meter. Our WR drop plenty of balls but make no mistake, if they catch it Tedd and Philly are both fast enough they can house you with one lapse in coverage. Funchess is a rookie but he's still a physical mismatch at 6'4". Everyone knows who Greg is and yet he never gets shut down, he's a talented TE that will create opportunities. Carolina will have plenty of chances down the field.
True ginn only needs 1 big play to really be effective. I just think he wont have any big plays sunday. More concerned about olsen that ginn. ET with lane or sherman on GINN will most likely shut him down.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":1chg530f said:
I sure hope so. Newton was sacked three times but he generally had all day to throw for most of the game. The big challenge will be pressuring Newton without allowing him to counter a broken pocket with a huge scramble. And like Andrew Luck and Big Ben, Newton is one of the harder QBs to physically put on the ground because of his size and strength.

Carolina has one of the more under-rated OL in the league this season (after being pretty bad in 2014). They win the point of attack in the run game and they are very tough against an interior pass rush. They are a little weak against speed rushers, which is why Avril and Irvin have had good games against them in the past.

Typically Cam doesn't tear us up on the ground. He averages around 35 yards per game against us in 5 games.

our defense might be the best against mobile QB's as we've seen them so much: Kaepernick, Newton and Wilson in practice.

NINEster

Reaction score
Just think about this:

The Hawks didn't beat the 49ers at Candlestick Park with Kaepernick playing QB, the last year they were a strong team (2013). Now they are a shoe in to beat the Panthers on their home turf?

So Cam Newton getting a win in Century Link, and his play and offense improving noticeably since that time makes for an obvious "he will struggle at home against Seattle"?

Look at it another way:

You can't have Cam Newton simultaneously "better than Kaepernick , like duhhh" while not acknowledging the 49er defense kicked his butt in 2013 playoffs, and he still doesn't have as many playoff wins as Kap.

A lot of nice selective praise and criticism to fit the narratives.

For what it's worth, I thought Newton played pretty decently in Seattle last year in the playoffs and his defense was more of the letdown in the loss than his offense.

The playoffs are an interesting animal.........and Seattle is the ultimate wildcard team I've ever seen capable of making the most miraculous plays time and time again. So it shocks nobody when they see them win games. It's the hardest bet to lay real money down because of that stuff.

I'd love to hear from Panthers fans if they think this 2015 team of theirs is better than the 2013 49ers, because if they do, Cam has to pull out a win at home, no ifs ands or butts.

The "49er defense was better than ours is now" wouldn't be an excuse obviously. The 49er offense had playmakers in 2013 but they didn't score as many TDs as this Panthers team did this year.

15-1 versus 12-4 with a very real danger of missing the playoffs....etc...

2013 49ers and the Panthers/Seahawks of today are very, very similar teams. You should be able to do the plug and play on this one. :th2thumbs:

idahawks

Reaction score
panthers4life":3fahf54z said:
RussB":3fahf54z said:
Im pretty confident sherman, lane , and shead along with ET with give ginn and funchess HUGE problems. You can can count on it. This isnt the saints secondary.

No doubt your secondary is talented enough to give anyone running a route fits. Tedd Ginn doesn't have to succeed that often to be a factor though. For example, our first game against Atlanta, he only caught two passes. TWO. They went for 120 yards and 14 points though. One of which he was clocked at nearly 23mph, almost as fast as Usain Bolt's record speed of 23.35mph in the 100 meter. Our WR drop plenty of balls but make no mistake, if they catch it Tedd and Philly are both fast enough they can house you with one lapse in coverage. Funchess is a rookie but he's still a physical mismatch at 6'4". Everyone knows who Greg is and yet he never gets shut down, he's a talented TE that will create opportunities. Carolina will have plenty of chances down the field.

23.3 MPH is Bolts average speed in the 100M starting from a dead stop. 23 MPH is Ginns max speed. Bolt maxes out at 28 mph. Carolina is a good team and if both teams play well I think it will be a close game. One thing that may tip the scales in our favor is Strength of schedule. Obviously SOS doesn't make a team better but if we had the 29th SOS and Carolina had the 4th SOS I believe our records might be flip flopped. Carolina also had the easiest offensive SOS in the league (total cumulative defensive yards allowed by Carolina's opponents was highest in the league.) Here's to no injuries and may the best qb win :D