AZ game

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":lin04x1v said:
You're correct, Simon was a rookie in 2013 but missed most of that season to injury that's why I thought he was a rookie in 2014. My mistake on that.

Honest mistake. With how often Simon was on IR, his ACTUAL playing time in the league hasn't even started yet.

He's gonna retire and the league office is gonna go "dude, are you sure you've been in the league that long? Feels much much less."

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17dak6u2 said:
hawkfan68":17dak6u2 said:
You're correct, Simon was a rookie in 2013 but missed most of that season to injury that's why I thought he was a rookie in 2014. My mistake on that.

Honest mistake. With how often Simon was on IR, his ACTUAL playing time in the league hasn't even started yet.

He's gonna retire and the league office is gonna go "dude, are you sure you've been in the league that long? Feels much much less."

I think that's why they should kick the tires on him again. He's finally stayed healthy...he's got good size and talent, his problem was that he couldn't stay healthy. Maybe he can now start tapping into this now that he's healthy. Also, they had Simon covering the slot WR in SB49, if I'm not mistaken, he's not as quick as needed and Amendola/Edelman destroyed him. His size and length would put him on the outside, like Sherman and Shead are. Therefore work him into being their depth. He may get better with more practice.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":30owtpht said:
Sgt. Largent":30owtpht said:
hawkfan68":30owtpht said:

I think that's why they should kick the tires on him again. He's finally stayed healthy...he's got good size and talent, his problem was that he couldn't stay healthy. Maybe he can now start tapping into this now that he's healthy. Also, they had Simon covering the slot WR in SB49, if I'm not mistaken, he's not as quick as needed and Amendola/Edelman destroyed him. His size and length would put him on the outside, like Sherman and Shead are. Therefore work him into being their depth. He may get better with more practice.
No thanks.

Jville

Reaction score
hawkfan68":228pr633 said:
Sgt. Largent":228pr633 said:
hawkfan68":228pr633 said:

I think that ship has sailed. Tharold Simon has had far more opportunities than most to claim a role on Seattle's roster. I would think his future opportunity would have to be with some other team.

The Seahawks currently have a couple of long corners that they can look at for 2017 on their injured reserve. One is Stanley Jean-Baptiste who was a former #2 pick of the Saints. And, the other is Mohammed Seisay who was acquired from Detroit for a 2016 ... 6th round draft pick. The Seahawks have also added Neiko Thorpe to the active roster and Pierre Desir to the practice squad since Simon's departure.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
The way I see it, Priority #1 for this game NEEDS to be establishing the run. This team has absolutely GOT to find its running game heading into the playoffs ... and this is the last true test of the regular season to be able to do that. AND there is good reason to believe that the Seahawks running game could have some success against the Cardinals this Saturday.

I've been taking a look at the Cardinals Rush Defense numbers ... and though (heading into yesterday) they were the 7th Best in terms of Rush DVOA, there is an interesting disparity in the Cardinals Defensive numbers -- home vs. road.

WeekOpponentResultCarries AgainstRushing Yards Allowed[Rushing TD’s Allowed
1vs. Patriots23-21 Loss311061
2vs. Bucs40-7 Win21850
4vs. Rams17-13 Loss21410
6vs. Jets28-3 Win14330
7vs. Seahawks6-6 Tie16520
10vs. 49ers23-20 Win28831
13vs. Redskins31-23 Win18871
15vs. Saints48-41 Loss321322
[th] [tdo=4]2016 Cardinals Rush Defense (Home vs. Road) …[/tdo] [/th] [td]3[/td][td]at Bills[/td][td]33-18 Loss[/td][td]32[/td][td]208[/td][td]3[/td] [tr][td]5[/td][td]at 49ers[/td][td]33-21 Win[/td][td]36[/td][td]151[/td][td]2[/td][/tr] [tr][td]8[/td][td]at Panthers[/td][td]30-20 Loss[/td][td]36[/td][td]141[/td][td]2[/td][/tr] [tr][td]11[/td][td]at Vikings[/td][td]30-24 Loss[/td][td]24[/td][td]72[/td][td]1[/td][/tr] [tr][td]12[/td][td]at Falcons[/td][td]38-19 Loss[/td][td]30[/td][td]116[/td][td]3[/td][/tr] [tr][td]14[/td][td]at Dolphins[/td][td]26-23 Loss[/td][td]31[/td][td]83[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]

PlaceCarries AgainstRushing Yds AllowedAvg. Yds/Carry AllowedRushing TD’s AllowedAvg. Points Allowed
Home1846193.36518.38
Away1897714.11129.66
[tdo=4]2016 Cardinals Defense (Home vs. Road) …[/tdo]

Now, obviously a lot of those numbers are heavily influenced by the strength of opponent and player health (obviously) ... but that said, the differences are pretty apparent. I think that most of us can readily admit that the Seahawks have been a vastly different team at home ... vs. on the road. Well ... the same thing can be said for this Arizona Cardinal team as well. That's why I say that running the freaking ball has GOT to be a HUGE priority in this game because I don't think we're going to get a true test against the Niners.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3pp5xdbq said:
Steve2222":3pp5xdbq said:
Sgt. Largent":3pp5xdbq said:
This is Arizona's SB on Saturday night..............anyone hoping for a blowout should temper their excitement.

I expect a 60 minute dogfight, and our offense better score some damn points this time around.

Eh I don't think so. I think we will see a defeated, unenthusiastic team playing away from home on Christmas Eve. This isn't the Rams. A team with zero Super Bowl aspirations with their main goal to knock off the Seahawks. This is the Cardinals. A team that was hoping to reach the Super Bowl to start the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 44-13 type score.

Look at the Cardinals scores, other than the Falcons game they haven't been blown out or quit in any of their games............even knowing they're probably not making the playoffs.

Add in the fact that they hate our guts, and I don't think they're laying down Saturday night.

Believe me, I hope you're right, but I think we're in for a close one.

I still don't see them coming out with Jeff Fisher led Rams like intensity. Those teams sucked and their only shot at anything was taking down the mighty Seahawks. Sure this team would love nothing more to defeat a division rival. But a lot of wind he had to be lifted from their sails failing miserably this year and completely out of playoff contention.

Factor in Seattle is also playing for their playoff life's (that being the much much much needed 2 seed) I just don't see a close game.