Backhand flip TD

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
C-Dub":1i4lgbcr said:
Reminds me of a 2nd baseman flipping the baseball to the short stop for a double play.

That is exactly what that was. That was Russells exceptional middle infielder baseball skills translating over to football.

I told my brother "that was RW turning the double-play right there".

Coaching my son's baseball teams, we had a drill we worked on all the time specifically for the backhanded flip.

Anyone who thinks that was a shotput, desperation heave isn't paying attention.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
C-Dub":2e8z9oir said:
keith da hawk":2e8z9oir said:
Definitely a badass improvisational play by RW.
Reminds me of a 2nd baseman flipping the baseball to the short stop for a double play.

Exactly what I thought... RW pulled a little Pro Baseball out of that play... Perfect!!! :th2thumbs:

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Apeman00":1596jtfu said:
He talked about it. Said it was a short stop double play toss.

Yeah, I saw that. I believe he also said Marshawn was his 4th read on that play. They replayed it on Paul Silvi's Fifth Quarter right after that and you can see that even with the short field, he goes through his progressions and spots Beast and makes a split-second decision to flip it to him (great reflexes by Marshawn to catch it I will add). As great as RW was out of the gate, he's only getting better as the game slows down for him. These are good times.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
It was a thing of beauty. Keep the defense honest, respect Wilson's ability to take off.

Teams need to recognize Shawns ability in the passing game.

[youtube]IbviHDZCecg[/youtube]

Would be nice to see one or two more of these types of plays this season, could pay off big time.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
bestfightstory":1jvwchao said:
Smelly McUgly":1jvwchao said:
bestfightstory":1jvwchao said:
He could have been slaughtered. That was Bevell at his reckless worst.

Oh, wait. It worked? Nevermind.

Yeah, let's credit Bevell for Russell Wilson's improvisational skills because that makes a whole lot of sense, said no one ever.

It's about calling your QB's number and trusting him to make a play, I think.

True, but it's Russell Wilson. Are we giving Bevell credit for trusting Russell Wilson?

I get that you are making a point that you think Bevell has been unfairly knocked, which I think is fair for debate, but this isn't the hill to die on to make that point.

Latest posts