Backup QB

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":2k00d316 said:
Jerhawk":2k00d316 said:
Vernon Adams. I remain hopeful we can get him as an UDFA or late round pick. He's russell Wilson's clone

I agree. I even recently saw him on a show with Steve Mariucci and Kurt Warner where they put him and a couple of other QB's through some drills. I like the kid and i think his style would make him a perfect understudy for Russ.

Game Changers... I'd like to see this but it never seems to be repeated.

Some clips below.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-changers

Hawknballs

Reaction score
We should trade for Colin Kapernik so he can prove he's capable of literally holding Russell's jock.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Basis4day":nfs76esq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/722142060489220096[/tweet]

Something to keep an eye on
Bring him back and let him and Sims battle for the back up QB position.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see BJ Daniels back here as a Seahawks, he could serve more than one roster position.

Agree though that TJack will probably be back. It will spend upon the $.

This could be the year the team decides to draft a QB to develop, that player would not likely be drafted until late.

chris98251

Reaction score
B.J. showed he can move the team and has had success, the team trusts him, I would go there.

titan3131

Reaction score
Dalyn Williams Dartmouth qb is a perfect idea pick-up.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I'm really hoping that T-Jack signs elsewhere. By signing FA OL Sowell, the Hawks lost their 2017 compensatory pick they would have received for losing Russell Okung. That could end up being a 4th or 5th round pick. If T-Jack signs with another team, his compensatory pick would get cancelled out by Sowell instead of the Okung pick. Then we'd have 3- 2017 compensatory picks instead of only 2.

Seafan

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":9xdsnzck said:
Jerhawk":9xdsnzck said:
Vernon Adams. I remain hopeful we can get him as an UDFA or late round pick. He's russell Wilson's clone

Minus the big hands.

I think Boykin might be the better player.

Smaller hands, two steps slower, shorter arms and a much lower release allowing for many more batted balls. I like Adams and really enjoyed watching him in college but I'm doubtful the Hawks would waste any draft capital on him.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Sooner or later the Hawks will have to pull the trigger on drafting a QB that they like enough to make the backup, or at least is too good to try to put on the practice squad so they are forced to carry 3 QBs on the roster all year.

Our project QBs apparently haven't been good enough to supplant TJ, but they have been good enough for other teams to claim off the PS.

They need to get going on that.

chris98251

Reaction score
We don't develop QB's here, we develop CB's, with our track record less Wilson the QB position has been abysmal, where B.J. is a good fit to supplant TJack if they resign him. If they decide to roll another year with TJack I would not be surprised if there isn't a handshake deal like before, see what you can find and if your not happy come back and we will talk prior to mini camp.

Daniels is not getting up to the point where his salary isn't such a throw away thought either based on his seniority in the league now as well.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Sims is actually someone with some credentials behind him. As far as back ups go he could become one of the best in the league.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
We still have that Archer guy?

I mean he's no superstar in the making but I was pretty impressed with his overall decision making working with a bunch of third stringers.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3p6ygrej said:

I mean he's no superstar in the making but I was pretty impressed with his overall decision making working with a bunch of third stringers.
And he's very animated.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1xr0jhyw said:

No. He was last on the roster last off-season at the 53 man cut down.

AVL

Reaction score
T-jack hasn't looked good in three years. Last year he sat out preseason injured after a few plays. Move on.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m hoping we can get Dak Prescott from Miss St in the later rounds, perfect to fill in.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I would be comfortable with Daniels as the backup QB this year. He showed last preseason that he can run the Offense and keep the same style of play on the field when he's out there.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
kearly":2d8yq89d said:
From 2012-2014 the team was built around Lynch. Now, it is built around the QB. Finding a backup who has a chance to be a plus starter should be a priority for Seattle. At this point I think Tjack is probably replacement level at best.

Exactly. Odd thing is: the OL is still built around the run.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like Sims and I think he will be the backup

Latest posts