Bama / Clemson: for all the marbles.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Wow.
Ended up being a good game.

Even though I was pulling for Clemson I really don't care anything about them.
I'm just happy Bama didn't win, and it was fun to watch.

Congrats Tigers.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3owi5ktu said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/818689532694437888[/tweet]
No I think they still had a 26 game winning streak after playing Washington. They are 0-1 after playing Clemson.

ARhawk

Reaction score
Did any of you complain about the uncalled pick plays when we played New Orleans? Clemson just won with the same crap. I wasnt pulling for either team, but Clemson shouldnt get away with illegal plays just because its the National Championship.

Also, Arkansas will win it all next year, I guarantee it.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
ARhawk":10xsjjhf said:
Did any of you complain about the uncalled pick plays when we played New Orleans? Clemson just won with the same crap. I wasnt pulling for either team, but Clemson shouldnt get away with illegal plays just because its the National Championship.

No the defender ran around the pick. There was little to no contact. NO ran right through our DBs.

CPHawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3pczob8n said:
LOL wow that was such a pick from that WR...do they not call that in college holy crap

I love that people still complain about this stuff. Every fn team in America does it, if they called it teams would have to change their entire O. Besides he didn't actually hit the other guys defender, he ran into the corner guarding him, not the nickel whowas on the slot. which is less of a pick and more a penalty on the D.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't think the receiver contacted the other corner at all. The guy he was contacting was the corner covering him and was within 5 yards. Although they possibly could have called illegal contact because the ball was in the air maybe.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
ARhawk":2sm9kvfp said:

Well I'm not sure if you watched the whole game or not but Bama got away with a couple of personals/targeting, so I'd say it all evened out.

HawkGA

Reaction score
pmedic920":oy2u9n2r said:
ARhawk":oy2u9n2r said:

Well I'm not sure if you watched the whole game or not but Bama got away with a couple of personals/targeting, so I'd say it all evened out.

I didn't watch until almost the end of the game (traveling) and I will say the pick was complete crap. Actually, it wasn't the pick itself that was crap, it was the fact the DB blocked the defender with the ball in the air.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Absolutely incredible game and a highly unlikely comeback. Sensational catches on that final drive.

Certainly a classic and one of the best national championships ever. Congratulations Clemson on a well-earned title.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Boy was that a much better pass play call at the goal line to win a title...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1kre4xc0 said:
Boy was that a much better pass play call at the goal line to win a title...

Kearse's would have been flagged for OPI.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Is there anywhere to watch a replay? I saw a highlight package that consisted of only Clemson scores.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Why did Alabama pass so much on early downs? Who the hell was calling the plays for them?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":366d6p51 said:
pmedic920":366d6p51 said:
ARhawk":366d6p51 said:

I didn't watch until almost the end of the game (traveling) and I will say the pick was complete crap. Actually, it wasn't the pick itself that was crap, it was the fact the DB blocked the defender with the ball in the air.

I missed the game too, but just watched the highlights, and caught that pick play as well. Nobody on ESPN was talking about it though, so I thought maybe I was wrong. Came here to confirm my suspicions. Glad I'm not the only one who was scratching their heads at that.

cover-2

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1vyuvotc said:
Why did Alabama pass so much on early downs? Who the hell was calling the plays for them?

Steve Sarkisian