Battle of the Cellar dwellers TNF.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Erebus":1l9hvqgj said:
Definitely pulling for the niners. The Cards can still bounce back, the niners cannot.

This. x1000.

Threedee

Reaction score
RichNhansom":6xhpk753 said:
Impressive how unanimous this is.

Going to be fun rooting for the 9ers. Haven't done that for a very long time.

Safe to say the rivalry is dead and buried. Well at least for Hawk fans.

I rooted for them against Dallass, because I hate the Cowgirls that much.

RedAlice

Reaction score
So if the Cards figure it out and play as the better team they are, then 3 fan bases are unhappy?

Kinda funny.

I just so love the kill shot. And this is it for the Cards. If they lose to the Niners, they don't recover.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Logically speaking it makes sense rooting for the 49ers. Palmer might not play and the Cards are still a bit off right now so getting them to 1-4 before they hit their stride again (which they most likely will somewhere in the season) is beneficial for us. The 49ers at 2-3 still wouldn't pose much of a threat, the talent just isn't there.

Combine that result with a difficult match up against the Bills for the Rams and we might just come out of this week as the big winner without even playing.

NINEster

Reaction score
Pops":1hkvkv0j said:
One will lose so strategically that is good. But I cannot cheer for the 49ers given the DeBartolo history. Just can't. I don't like Arians but I respect Michael Bidwill so I don't mind if AZ wins.

Jealousy is not becoming of you, Pops.

DeBartolo's legacy only grows seeing his nephew and sister ruin the team more and more.

Hate the success but don't hate the man.

NINEster

Reaction score
My hatred for the Cards is not quite at the level of other teams. I almost don't care what happens this Thursday Night.

We do owe them for last year's shellacking in Glendale which suddenly made cocky a****holes out of a team that is something like 2-9 against the 49ers since Kurt Warner retired and before Tomsula (now a whopping 4-9). Arians would be winless against Harbaugh if it wasn't for some garbage calls in Glendale that went their way. His team certainly never contributed to the "Kap is garbage" narrative the way Seattle did.

But so many Niner haters here rooting for SF for their benefit......haha....yeah, we'll let this one play out as the gods intended.

Niners winning this one without Bowman just seems unlikely.

Smellyman

Reaction score
after the Stanton dance and Palmer thrust I learned to hate the Cards more.

HawkGA

Reaction score
bigskydoc":u2kse307 said:
I have the Cards for now. I could change my mind by weeks end though.

By week's end? You mean after the game is played??????

Pops

Reaction score
NINEster":2yfc4rqh said:
Pops":2yfc4rqh said:
One will lose so strategically that is good. But I cannot cheer for the 49ers given the DeBartolo history. Just can't. I don't like Arians but I respect Michael Bidwill so I don't mind if AZ wins.

DeBartolo's legacy only grows seeing his nephew and sister ruin the team more and more.

You're right. I do hate their success. I apologize.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Marvin49":p0gbf7uw said:
The draft watch is already on in SF.

For me, losing Bowman was the last straw. Not that it wasn't already, but I'm all in for the rebuild. Hoping for Deshaun Watson next year.
Kiezer is better. But really neither one will be great. Best to wait till Josh Rosen comes out and sell the farm for him.

Seahawk fans rooting for the 49ers: sorry to disappoint, but as long as Gabber is the quarterback the 49ers have no offense. Kaepernick might be non-functional when he has to THINK, but Kelly's offense doesn't require much thought. Kaepernick hits Torrey Smith on that failure that was intercepted last week. He has an arm and defenses will have to respect it. Not so much with Gabber Berries.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":1pbef0dr said:
RichNhansom":1pbef0dr said:
Impressive how unanimous this is.

Going to be fun rooting for the 9ers. Haven't done that for a very long time.

Safe to say the rivalry is dead and buried. Well at least for Hawk fans.

I rooted for them against Dallass, because I hate the Cowgirls that much.
Me too, and that's scary because I pretty much have a strong dislike for the Niners franchise and most of that fanbase, with a few exceptions of course.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":3hcpd70t said:
My hatred for the Cards is not quite at the level of other teams. I almost don't care what happens this Thursday Night.

We do owe them for last year's shellacking in Glendale which suddenly made cocky a****holes out of a team that is something like 2-9 against the 49ers since Kurt Warner retired and before Tomsula (now a whopping 4-9). Arians would be winless against Harbaugh if it wasn't for some garbage calls in Glendale that went their way. His team certainly never contributed to the "Kap is garbage" narrative the way Seattle did.

But so many Niner haters here rooting for SF for their benefit......haha....yeah, we'll let this one play out as the gods intended.

Niners winning this one without Bowman just seems unlikely.
Some of us were spot on with our "Kap is garbage" assessment years ago.
It just took most niner fans 2 plus more years to see it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":37utgql0 said:
Pops":37utgql0 said:

I have no problem "hating the man". Fast Eddie is a criminal and committed a felony, and because he was extremely wealthy he was able to plea bargain and pay a million dollar fine to keep himself from going to prison. A million dollar fine for a billionaire is pocket change.

I actually liked most of the players on those niner teams except Haley, and always respected Bill Walsh.
The scumbag Fast Eddie, not so much.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3cra6xuj said:
Marvin49":3cra6xuj said:

For me, losing Bowman was the last straw. Not that it wasn't already, but I'm all in for the rebuild. Hoping for Deshaun Watson next year.
Kiezer is better. But really neither one will be great. Best to wait till Josh Rosen comes out and sell the farm for him.

Seahawk fans rooting for the 49ers: sorry to disappoint, but as long as Gabber is the quarterback the 49ers have no offense. Kaepernick might be non-functional when he has to THINK, but Kelly's offense doesn't require much thought. Kaepernick hits Torrey Smith on that failure that was intercepted last week. He has an arm and defenses will have to respect it. Not so much with Gabber Berries.
I think the Kraepper is not a good QB and have said it for quite awhile. But.....
He has openfield speed if he gets past the LOS, and has a cannon for an arm, accuracy and touch problems aside.
Gabby can't make a throw past 5 yards and the defenses know this.

The Niners are paying him and they have nothing to lose, might as well try CK.

Erebus

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":3uz3wd9l said:
Well, we are moving Honey Badger out of the FS slot back to nickel CB, random blitzer mode as he is recovering enough and we put Tavon Branch on IR. We also IR'd Chris Johnson, which sucks, but brought back Kerwynn Williams who will probably do outstanding against the 49ers without Bowman.

So, I think this will be a decent (although sloppy because it's TNF) game

Do us all a favor and change your avatar back, please.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":4atb9c0t said:
Marvin49":4atb9c0t said:

Member when Kap was a "dual threat"? And that Kap sucked because of ol probs and a coach that was supposed to be kaps second coming? Both have been fixed. I'd like to,see him play some real snaps outside of garbage time or as a Hail Mary in this game. Get it over with. I don't see it getting easier after the bye for Kap.

Pressure will be on to test Kap against a banged up division rival. If he plays significantly in the game maybe the arm performs. Or Kap short throws, or throws that hit equipment staff like in 2015. With a couple good plays. Kap will be more tradable. But given his weight and strength deficit, he is more,unlikely than Gabs to sustain wins and could cost 9ers this game. If Kap does perform in the game somehow becomes the starter, unlikely the team could sustain wins with healthier rivals. Kap is twiggy, he is expensive glass, and it's not clear what his,level of,play,is,as,a backup let alone a starter.

Test Kap. If he fails, dress Ponder. Gabs shows promise of adequacy. He's thrown deep, he needs more,dudes to throw to. He's is no Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Tl;dr: THis,game doesn't much matter for hawks standings in the long,or relatively short run. Rams however...

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":37iqakv9 said:
5_Golden_Rings":37iqakv9 said:
Marvin49":37iqakv9 said:

Member when Kap was a "dual threat"? And that Kap sucked because of ol probs and a coach that was supposed to be kaps second coming? Both have been fixed. I'd like to,see him play some real snaps outside of garbage time or as a Hail Mary in this game. Get it over with. I don't see it getting easier after the bye for Kap.

Pressure will be on to test Kap against a banged up division rival. If he plays significantly in the game maybe the arm performs. Or Kap short throws, or throws that hit equipment staff like in 2015. With a couple good plays. Kap will be more tradable. But given his weight and strength deficit, he is more,unlikely than Gabs to sustain wins and could cost 9ers this game. If Kap does perform in the game and becomes the starter, unlikely the team could sustain wins with healthier rivals.

If the niners were to play kap and kap is worse than 2015, dress Ponder. Gabs shows promise of adequacy. He's thrown deep, he needs more,dudes to throw to. He's is no Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Tl;dr: TNf doesn't much matter for hawks standings in the long,or relatively short run. Rams however...

Kap is still a dual threat. He threatens to tank the season or get injured again and keep the 9ers on the hook for another 12 mill again next year.

I really don't think we are going to see Kap play this year. I believe the organization doesn't trust him to not fake an injury or really get hurt at his current stature. I think they are listing him as back up because they are trying to create the illusion that he is the best option behind Gabbert and they are holding hope they can get some type of trade for him. Any trade would be good even if it were a conditional 7th as long as they got out from under that contract.

Currently they could cut him and pay this years contract but be free of it next year but there seems to be hesitation for that so they are giving him the RG3 treatment. Maybe they are worried it would make the wrong political statement after Kap's stand on the black lives matter. I suspect they are waiting for him to do something off the field or maybe the end of the season but I would be real surprised even if Gabbert were injured that they would play Kaep over Ponder.

Just my hunch but I think the only way they make a change is if Gabbert is injured and then it would be Ponder.