Battle of the Cellar dwellers TNF.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Erebus":4ogi642g said:
b8rtm8nn":4ogi642g said:
Well, we are moving Honey Badger out of the FS slot back to nickel CB, random blitzer mode as he is recovering enough and we put Tavon Branch on IR. We also IR'd Chris Johnson, which sucks, but brought back Kerwynn Williams who will probably do outstanding against the 49ers without Bowman.

So, I think this will be a decent (although sloppy because it's TNF) game

Do us all a favor and change your avatar back, please.

Only if we lose; so far, boobs don't help my team win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2d75b3xl said:
Erebus":2d75b3xl said:
b8rtm8nn":2d75b3xl said:
Well, we are moving Honey Badger out of the FS slot back to nickel CB, random blitzer mode as he is recovering enough and we put Tavon Branch on IR. We also IR'd Chris Johnson, which sucks, but brought back Kerwynn Williams who will probably do outstanding against the 49ers without Bowman.

I believe that is only a coincidence. 8)

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1w6fw47r said:
b8rtm8nn":1w6fw47r said:
Erebus":1w6fw47r said:
b8rtm8nn":1w6fw47r said:

I believe that is only a coincidence. 8)

https://youtu.be/67gUGnYca3Q

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Damn Niners I'm taking you ..Palmer is out and you suck.This should be your Super Bowl.Please Kill the Cards!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NINEster":22xbro4g said:
Pops":22xbro4g said:
One will lose so strategically that is good. But I cannot cheer for the 49ers given the DeBartolo history. Just can't. I don't like Arians but I respect Michael Bidwill so I don't mind if AZ wins.

Jealousy is not becoming of you, Pops.

DeBartolo's legacy only grows seeing his nephew and sister ruin the team more and more.

Hate the success but don't hate the man.

While I dislike Pops around here for posting habits, he's right about DeBartolo. You posting this reply just says negative things about your own ethical tendencies to the rest of us, to be honest.

Pops

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fw1hswy said:
NINEster":3fw1hswy said:
Pops":3fw1hswy said:
One will lose so strategically that is good. But I cannot cheer for the 49ers given the DeBartolo history. Just can't. I don't like Arians but I respect Michael Bidwill so I don't mind if AZ wins.

DeBartolo's legacy only grows seeing his nephew and sister ruin the team more and more.

While I dislike Pops around here for posting habits,

What is wrong with habits?
https://youtu.be/nczu-qdA55o
or this habit?
Latestcb20111022041118

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2mbbxadb said:
SantaClaraHawk":2mbbxadb said:
5_Golden_Rings":2mbbxadb said:
Marvin49":2mbbxadb said:
The draft watch is already on in SF.

For me, losing Bowman was the last straw. Not that it wasn't already, but I'm all in for the rebuild. Hoping for Deshaun Watson next year.

Seahawk fans rooting for the 49ers: sorry to disappoint, but as long as Gabber is the quarterback the 49ers have no offense. Kaepernick might be non-functional when he has to THINK, but Kelly's offense doesn't require much thought. Kaepernick hits Torrey Smith on that failure that was intercepted last week. He has an arm and defenses will have to respect it. Not so much with Gabber Berries.

Member when Kap was a "dual threat"? And that Kap sucked because of ol probs and a coach that was supposed to be kaps second coming? Both have been fixed. I'd like to,see him play some real snaps outside of garbage time or as a Hail Mary in this game. Get it over with. I don't see it getting easier after the bye for Kap.

Pressure will be on to test Kap against a banged up division rival. If he plays significantly in the game maybe the arm performs. Or Kap short throws, or throws that hit equipment staff like in 2015. With a couple good plays. Kap will be more tradable. But given his weight and strength deficit, he is more,unlikely than Gabs to sustain wins and could cost 9ers this game. If Kap does perform in the game and becomes the starter, unlikely the team could sustain wins with healthier rivals.

If the niners were to play kap and kap is worse than 2015, dress Ponder. Gabs shows promise of adequacy. He's thrown deep, he needs more,dudes to throw to. He's is no Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Tl;dr: TNf doesn't much matter for hawks standings in the long,or relatively short run. Rams however...

Kap is still a dual threat. He threatens to tank the season or get injured again and keep the 9ers on the hook for another 12 mill again next year.

I really don't think we are going to see Kap play this year. I believe the organization doesn't trust him to not fake an injury or really get hurt at his current stature. I think they are listing him as back up because they are trying to create the illusion that he is the best option behind Gabbert and they are holding hope they can get some type of trade for him. Any trade would be good even if it were a conditional 7th as long as they got out from under that contract.

Currently they could cut him and pay this years contract but be free of it next year but there seems to be hesitation for that so they are giving him the RG3 treatment. Maybe they are worried it would make the wrong political statement after Kap's stand on the black lives matter. I suspect they are waiting for him to do something off the field or maybe the end of the season but I would be real surprised even if Gabbert were injured that they would play Kaep over Ponder.

Just my hunch but I think the only way they make a change is if Gabbert is injured and then it would be Ponder.

If gabs goes down in the first then the only person dressed is Kaep. Which makes no sense if they have no intention of playing him. Cards backup vs Niners starting backup would give Kap the snaps he needs to actually be a backup if needed. And it would be entertaining

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3v7zv9sm said:
NINEster":3v7zv9sm said:
Pops":3v7zv9sm said:

I have no problem "hating the man". Fast Eddie is a criminal and committed a felony, and because he was extremely wealthy he was able to plea bargain and pay a million dollar fine to keep himself from going to prison. A million dollar fine for a billionaire is pocket change.

I actually liked most of the players on those niner teams except Haley, and always respected Bill Walsh.
The scumbag Fast Eddie, not so much.

I've seen this hater comment about Eddie often from hater fans, but they all fail to do one thing: show the evidence.

But point to the real "scumbag" stuff....the real "felonies". Mostly just hearsay, and pick on ole Eddie because he's a Sicilian American and obviously mafia. Let's see them. Links please.

Don't give me that garbage about bribing a governor for a gaming license. That guy asked for his cut and Eddie gave it to him.

Wasn't smart of him to do but not a felony in the sense that's awful. Not like he bribed someone to overlook a permit on a construction site that would compromise safety or anything like that. No DUIs, domestic violence, etc.

Long before Paul Allen sniffed NFL ownership, DeBartolo left his legacy as a great NFL owner. It's because of him the Niners were so great in their 20 year run. He might have lucked onto Bill Walsh and Joe Montana, but he was a very important part to drive those championships. Would have been 2 or 3 tops instead of 5 with a different owner. He contributed to that 18 game road winning streak by the way he treated his players on those trips.

Eddie D still owning the Niners would have tolerated the Seahawks slapping the Niners around only so much (unlike his nephew who just tweets his disappointment). Nothing pissed him off more in his entire stay than losing the '93 NFCC to Dallas, like a real pissed off forum member who wanted revenge, and had the means to get it.

ps - Don't get me started on salary cap BS. Nicked up for 1998 season.....nothing prior to that, contrary to hater claims.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3rxnulpr said:
NINEster":3rxnulpr said:
My hatred for the Cards is not quite at the level of other teams. I almost don't care what happens this Thursday Night.

We do owe them for last year's shellacking in Glendale which suddenly made cocky a****holes out of a team that is something like 2-9 against the 49ers since Kurt Warner retired and before Tomsula (now a whopping 4-9). Arians would be winless against Harbaugh if it wasn't for some garbage calls in Glendale that went their way. His team certainly never contributed to the "Kap is garbage" narrative the way Seattle did.

But so many Niner haters here rooting for SF for their benefit......haha....yeah, we'll let this one play out as the gods intended.

Niners winning this one without Bowman just seems unlikely.
Some of us were spot on with our "Kap is garbage" assessment years ago.
It just took most niner fans 2 plus more years to see it.

No.

More like you were right that Kap was overrated, 2 years ago. Niner fans overrated him, much the same way Seahawk fans still overrate Russell Wilson but can't see it because.........................WINS.

Many factors contribute to a player being "garbage" when an entire team erodes around him. Maybe our boy isn't as resilient through the holocaust as yours is, but not everything is his fault.

Only the Seahawks DEFENSE made Kap look average or bad, and for the most part most other teams couldn't. Kap consistently put up better stats against the Cards and Rams. 4-0 against them the year the Hawks won the SB, while Wilson nearly lost in St. Louis and did nothing at home against the Cards that year, first home loss in two seasons.

You guys still underestimate what your defense does to win games year in and year out. Just chock it up to Wilson winning those games.

NINEster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3437zq8c said:
NINEster":3437zq8c said:
Pops":3437zq8c said:

While I dislike Pops around here for posting habits, he's right about DeBartolo. You posting this reply just says negative things about your own ethical tendencies to the rest of us, to be honest.

LOL, ok.

BTW, not that I'll ever have the wealth or power to be put in a similar situation as an NFL owner, but it's a common myth that most people think they are above "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely".

"Noooooo, I wouldn't ever dare to do what those greedy a****les do."

Right.

Easy to talk the talk when you only make $60k a year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":1bjca07w said:
Sports Hernia":1bjca07w said:
NINEster":1bjca07w said:
Pops":1bjca07w said:

I have no problem "hating the man". Fast Eddie is a criminal and committed a felony, and because he was extremely wealthy he was able to plea bargain and pay a million dollar fine to keep himself from going to prison. A million dollar fine for a billionaire is pocket change.

I actually liked most of the players on those niner teams except Haley, and always respected Bill Walsh.
The scumbag Fast Eddie, not so much.

I've seen this hater comment about Eddie often from hater fans, but they all fail to do one thing: show the evidence.

But point to the real "scumbag" stuff....the real "felonies". Mostly just hearsay, and pick on ole Eddie because he's a Sicilian American and obviously mafia. Let's see them. Links please.

Don't give me that garbage about bribing a governor for a gaming license. That guy asked for his cut and Eddie gave it to him.

Wasn't smart of him to do but not a felony in the sense that's awful. Not like he bribed someone to overlook a permit on a construction site that would compromise safety or anything like that. No DUIs, domestic violence, etc.

Long before Paul Allen sniffed NFL ownership, DeBartolo left his legacy as a great NFL owner. It's because of him the Niners were so great in their 20 year run. He might have lucked onto Bill Walsh and Joe Montana, but he was a very important part to drive those championships. Would have been 2 or 3 tops instead of 5 with a different owner. He contributed to that 18 game road winning streak by the way he treated his players on those trips.

Eddie D still owning the Niners would have tolerated the Seahawks slapping the Niners around only so much (unlike his nephew who just tweets his disappointment). Nothing pissed him off more in his entire stay than losing the '93 NFCC to Dallas, like a real pissed off forum member who wanted revenge, and had the means to get it.

ps - Don't get me started on salary cap BS. Nicked up for 1998 season.....nothing prior to that, contrary to hater claims.
Nice spin and dodge.
Oh and stop with the racial crap. It makes your already weak argument look even weaker.

So you are claiming that Fast Eddie didn't get popped by the Feds and wasn't a felon? Are you saying he didn't pay a million dollar fine to keep his butt out of federal prison??? Are you saying the he wasn't forced to give up control of his team to his sister by the NFL?

If so, your argument is a failed attempt at revisionist history.

His history is just that, no matter how many times Niner homers try to rewrite it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":2rvafzy9 said:
Sports Hernia":2rvafzy9 said:
NINEster":2rvafzy9 said:
My hatred for the Cards is not quite at the level of other teams. I almost don't care what happens this Thursday Night.

We do owe them for last year's shellacking in Glendale which suddenly made cocky a****holes out of a team that is something like 2-9 against the 49ers since Kurt Warner retired and before Tomsula (now a whopping 4-9). Arians would be winless against Harbaugh if it wasn't for some garbage calls in Glendale that went their way. His team certainly never contributed to the "Kap is garbage" narrative the way Seattle did.

But so many Niner haters here rooting for SF for their benefit......haha....yeah, we'll let this one play out as the gods intended.

Niners winning this one without Bowman just seems unlikely.
Some of us were spot on with our "Kap is garbage" assessment years ago.
It just took most niner fans 2 plus more years to see it.

No.

More like you were right that Kap was overrated, 2 years ago. Niner fans overrated him, much the same way Seahawk fans still overrate Russell Wilson but can't see it because.........................WINS.

Many factors contribute to a player being "garbage" when an entire team erodes around him. Maybe our boy isn't as resilient through the holocaust as yours is, but not everything is his fault.

Only the Seahawks DEFENSE made Kap look average or bad, and for the most part most other teams couldn't. Kap consistently put up better stats against the Cards and Rams. 4-0 against them the year the Hawks won the SB, while Wilson nearly lost in St. Louis and did nothing at home against the Cards that year, first home loss in two seasons.

You guys still underestimate what your defense does to win games year in and year out. Just chock it up to Wilson winning those games.
Yes, we were right. Seattle exposed CK's weaknesses, and the league caught on to his many flaws.

If you are going to use "his defense" as the only reason why RW is successful, I guess we can do the same for CK's early but very limited short term success too, right??? The Niners had a pretty stout defense back then right????

Russell Wilson is everything that Niner homers claimed CK was, and that pisses y'all off.

I know facts are usually not strong suits in your posts, but look up the number of comeback wins RW has in his young career.
Who led NFL in QB rating last year???? Hint his initials are RW. Oh, and there is that pretty Super Bowl ring he has, at the expense of your team I might add, remember that clutch play to Kearse in tight coverage for the late TD on 4th down?
That's pretty good for someone that you claim is overrated.

Now is Russ flawless? ........he'll no, he has plenty of flaws. The pass to Lockette in SB 49 was horrible and it was a WORSE play call. He should have audibled out of that play IMHO.

In fact one of those flaws got him hurt in the Rams and Niners games.

No QB to ever play the game is flawless, everyone has their weaknesses, some bigger than others.

Now answer me this.

Would you rather have Seattle's QB situation or SF's????

I know you are a rival fan and I don't expect you or other niner fans to give RW any kind of credit, as I read the webzone for craps and giggles from time to time. ....but look at the facts, and over the long run I'm pretty damn sure you will be wrong on your assesment.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NINEster":3tqcicik said:
much the same way Seahawk fans still overrate Russell Wilson but can't see it because.........................WINS.

WINS... and stats.

I mean just those two things though. Which may be important...

You're trying way too hard.

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cbchd9p said:
Yes, we were right. Seattle exposed CK's weaknesses, and the league caught on to his many flaws.

If you are going to use "his defense" as the only reason why RW is successful, I guess we can do the same for CK's early but very limited short term success too, right??? The Niners had a pretty stout defense back then right????

Russell Wilson is everything that Niner homers claimed CK was, and that pisses y'all off.

I know facts are usually not strong suits in your posts, but look up the number of comeback wins RW has in his young career.
Who led NFL in QB rating last year???? Hint his initials are RW. Oh, and there is that pretty Super Bowl ring he has, at the expense of your team I might add, remember that clutch play to Kearse in tight coverage for the late TD on 4th down?
That's pretty good for someone that you claim is overrated.

Now is Russ flawless? ........he'll no, he has plenty of flaws. The pass to Lockette in SB 49 was horrible and it was a WORSE play call. He should have audibled out of that play IMHO.

In fact one of those flaws got him hurt in the Rams and Niners games.

No QB to ever play the game is flawless, everyone has their weaknesses, some bigger than others.

Now answer me this.

Would you rather have Seattle's QB situation or SF's????

I know you are a rival fan and I don't expect you or other niner fans to give RW any kind of credit, as I read the webzone for craps and giggles from time to time. ....but look at the facts, and over the long run I'm pretty damn sure you will be wrong on your assesment.

I love this narrative. 9er fans try desperately to glorify Kaps glory days and dismiss Wilson as simply fortunate he has the defense around him. The problem is they ignore how good their own defense was during Kaps good run and completely ignore the offensive talent disparity between Kap and Wilson.

While both Wilson and Kap were having success, Kap was armored with an elite level O-line and very good receiving options. yes I know 9er fans will try and dismiss Crabs and VD but both were as much victims of Kaps inability to throw with any kind of touch as they were from being trapped in a massively dysfunctional system.

Kap had Crabs, Bolden, VD and others in his system and all deteriorated (except Boldin) while no other receivers developed. Look at Vance McDonald now that Gabbert is throwing to him instead of Kap. Meanwhile Seattle has developed a mostly UDFA receiving corp into a top shelf unit. Some of the blame goes to coaching and management but Kap deserves a big slice of that pie as well.

How did Kap do when his O-line deteriorated? Think about that. When Kaps O-line looked more like the Line Wilson has played behind his entire career, he deteriorated to one of the worst QB's in the league.

This drives some 9er fans insane. Not just that they were so obviously wrong about both Kap and Wilson but that they were told over and over by Seahawks fans how it would play out and it has unfolded exactly the way they were told it would.

For 9er fans still in delusion. Think about how good Wilson has been with a horrid O-line and below average receiving corp and then try and project how good he might actually be with what he has now. There really should be no surprise that Wilson could very possibly end up being league MVP this year and establish himself as the best QB in the league moving forward. He finally has the weapons and protection to actually thrive. Something Kap had the only time he had success.

9er fans still trying to to sling the mantra that Wilson is only good due to his defense really need to put down the crack pipe because they are really looking dumb and it's only going to get worse for them.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Anyone still doubting Russell Wilson's placing as one of the very best QB's in the league probably also believes the moon is made out of cheese.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":f4h1hliz said:
Anyone still doubting Russell Wilson's placing as one of the very best QB's in the league probably also believes the moon is made out of cheese.

Hey. Don't diss my dreams.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1v2enlgq said:
NINEster":1v2enlgq said:
much the same way Seahawk fans still overrate Russell Wilson but can't see it because.........................WINS.

WINS... and stats.

I mean just those two things though. Which may be important...

You're trying way too hard.
And not even coming close to succeeding. Quit while you're behind. Your hate is pathetic and so is your post. Barring major injury, Wilson WILL be in Canton.

As Si said, we have stats to back it up. They've been posted on this site numerous times. Why don't you find them and make a post about how they're wrong and give us some facts to back up your claims.

Oh, and one other thing. I believe you said Seattle wouldn't make the playoffs this year. I will be reminding you of that prediction once we are in.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Betting Santa Clara is gonna handle business and beat the Tards, contrary to my NFC West pick em prediction, cuz it seems this year, aside from the Seahawks, if I pick it, I'm wrong.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1v2105wr said:
[Nice spin and dodge.
Oh and stop with the racial crap. It makes your already weak argument look even weaker.

So you are claiming that Fast Eddie didn't get popped by the Feds and wasn't a felon? Are you saying he didn't pay a million dollar fine to keep his butt out of federal prison??? Are you saying the he wasn't forced to give up control of his team to his sister by the NFL?

If so, your argument is a failed attempt at revisionist history.

His history is just that, no matter how many times Niner homers try to rewrite it.

The rich are all alike in their powers to get out of jams. Jim Irsay easily could be locked up for a lot of years if he was a regular Joe.

He was guilty of a felony, sure. I guess in your world you equate all felonies the same, like rape and murder.

"Fast Eddie" still a HOF owner, while Paul Allen will get a nice section on Microsoft's website.

Come to metaphorical Levis Stadium and post this stuff and see how fast you last.

You won't do it.