BB Suspended Indefinitely

OP
OP
B

Bprez3

Reaction score
Say if he does file a lawsuit would he be able to play?

I really like the way the team has been playing in his absence especially Maxwell.

jblaze

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 47s

Appeal for 1-year suspension of Seahawks CB Brandon Browner denied today, per sources. NFL career in question with reinstatement conditional

Hmmm. Conditional reinstatement after challenging Goodell? Not gonna happen.

CANHawk

Reaction score
MadSweeney":1ct82u5h said:
You guys are deluded about a lawsuit. He did it all to himself and has no one to blame but himself.

he did what exactly to himself? Missed a bunch of piss tests while he was employed in Canada for 4 years?

KK84

Reaction score
MadSweeney":31p35s2o said:
You guys are deluded about a lawsuit. He did it all to himself and has no one to blame but himself.

No. He definitely deserved punishment, but it should be done fairly. This is NFL Bullshit at its finest.

253hawk

Reaction score
So why did the NFL offer reduction to a 9 month then? They're slimy and I hope BB's lawyers nail the NFL's ass to the wall.

Basis4day

Reaction score
MadSweeney":d64mvxxk said:

You don't think he has a chance at injunction based on defamation by the league for the false reports of a PED suspension in a contract year based on information leaked by the league itself? Not to mention unfair labor practices involving drug testing by a corporation he wasn't even employed by.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CANHawk":1fd8o5w2 said:
MadSweeney":1fd8o5w2 said:

he did what exactly to himself? Missed a bunch of piss tests while he was employed in Canada for 4 years?

Yup. He should have answered his disconnected phone or read his mail while he was sleeping on his friends' couches

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
I think Browner has lost his starting spot even if he returned. I hope he lawyers up and sues but he's probably played his last game in a Seahawks uniform, win or lose.

Basis4day

Reaction score
253hawk":3w0tray8 said:
So why did the NFL offer reduction to a 9 month then? They're slimy and I hope BB's lawyers nail the NFL's ass to the wall.

An attempt to make it go away. Lawsuit time.

CANHawk

Reaction score
KK84":2br4pb7g said:
MadSweeney":2br4pb7g said:

No. He definitely deserved punishment, but it should be done fairly. This is NFL Bullshit at its finest.

Yerp. Oooh, lets all bow down and respect the great and powerful Rog's authority... Douchenoz. Hope he gets the herps from a toilet seat.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Kixkahn":17qt8ial said:
This is absolute BS. What in the heck made this go from a questionable one year to indefinitely? I hope that the union gets him a good lawyer.

Technically a one year suspension is actually suspended indefinitely with the possibility to apply for readmission into the league after one year. So this is probably still just a different wording of the reported one year suspension.

Jville

Reaction score
Lawyers :229031_rolleyes: Yet another daily reminder of a disfunctional 18th century community floundering in the 21st century. :229031_shrug: Some day its all gonna collapse.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3hc5lk28 said:
ParisPC07":3hc5lk28 said:
If Maxwell were better he would have been starting.

Probably, but it's like if Trufant didn't get hurt, Sherman wouldn't of started in his rookie year. So it's not always the case. To say the least though, if anything, the drop off from Browner to Maxwell isn't that much if any.

Maxwell was hampered with unjuries while guys were solidifying the pecking order last season. Coach Richard said "the sky is the limit" for him if he can stay healthy.

253hawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2klbwdfm said:
253hawk":2klbwdfm said:

An attempt to make it go away. Lawsuit time.

Exactly. He called their bluff and they're going full damage control mode.

Not that I give a damn if he comes back because we're good at DB, but the NFL has been shady as hell for years and I want it to be yet another Hawk DB that stands up to their bloated corruption and wins.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I am behind BB on this, for sure. This isn't about Maxwell and Lane vs Browner. Luckily we are deep enough to where it probably won't affect wins and losses. I just think that the NFL is over-stepping. I hope that it gets favorably resolved and Browner can get back to work.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
CANHawk":nhqw06mp said:
MadSweeney":nhqw06mp said:

No, he failed one after 3 years in the NFL and getting tested over 200 times before he came up positive. Do you understand that? He was getting tested several times a month. He knew he was getting tested all the time and that that is not normal. He knew he was being tested and he still went and blazed up. You guys are venting on an issue that is irrelevant instead of venting on the responsible party, Brandon Browner. Yeah, it's a crappy rule but that should've been taken care of when he was newly back to the league, not years later and after he got caught.

Act like Seahawk fans, not Niner fans blaming everybody else. Browner screwed us. Anger should start and stop with him and only him.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
KK84":31k5p02k said:
MadSweeney":31k5p02k said:

What's fairly? A one year suspension is exactly what is fair in this situation. It's black and white in the CBA contract he signed when he got his check.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
MadSweeney":g7jnurtl said:
CANHawk":g7jnurtl said:
MadSweeney":g7jnurtl said:

No, he failed one after 3 years in the NFL and getting tested over 200 times before he came up positive. Do you understand that? He was getting tested several times a month. He knew he was getting tested all the time and that that is not normal. He knew he was being tested and he still went and blazed up. You guys are venting on an issue that is irrelevant instead of venting on the responsible party, Brandon Browner. Yeah, it's a crappy rule but that should've been taken care of when he was newly back to the league, not years later and after he got caught.

Act like Seahawk fans, not Niner fans blaming everybody else. Browner screwed us. Anger should start and stop with him and only him.

The point is, he has not reached enough failed tests to be suspended a whole year and have his career ruined. He is being suspended because he didn't attend counseling while he wasn't even employed by the league and had his level aggravated due to it.