BB to sue the NFL

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1zihaoga said:
I read somewhere that the NFL had kept in touch with Browner concerning his ongoing status in the drug program. If that's true, Browner doesn't have much of a case.

What was said is they sent letters to an address that was not confirmed. So in other words they sent letters, but the problem is BB did not live there. I am an HR professional well versed in labor law and unless there is something we have not been told, the NFL is in deep crap.

TwilightError

Reaction score
NFL just could not face the fact that twice in two years they accused a Seahawk DB wrongly. What small minded, petty and childish persons. I hope BB gets a whale of a compensation from those arrogant little power trippers.

#FreeBrowner!

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
ivotuk":1cy8zmu7 said:
Some good quotes from that article:

"As PFT has previously reported, Browner actually had been placed on indefinite suspension before he returned to the NFL in 2011, but he somehow slipped through the cracks when he signed in Seattle. (This is on the NFL AND the NFLPA, both failed BB).

"Here’s a potential accommodation the NFL may want to consider: Quit worrying about what guys do on their own time unless and until they get arrested for something." (Yea, focus on people like Rapistburger, Sharper, Hernandez and Ray Rice, you know, rapists, murderers and wife beaters)

“I don’t understand how the league can ruin someone’s career over this fact pattern,” Schaffer said. “I’ll represent Brandon zealously to make sure his career isn’t ruined.”

I sincerely hope BB makes it back to the Seahawks for the 2014 season.
Man, that would be epic. Another 'bag of lays' (THE NFL IS AGAINST US) on the collective shoulders of this team which could be the theme to title number 2!!! Seattle vs. the world, love it. I still think BB has some left in the tank too, a two year deal.

Penman96

Reaction score
Even if the NFL had attempted to stay in touch and contact him, he should be under no obligation to reply or co-operate when he's not an employee, not in the union, and not even in the bloody country.

I don't see how he loses this case. He was clearly not supposed to be at stage 3, so he shouldn't be suspended

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Penman96":3fm27rky said:
Even if the NFL had attempted to stay in touch and contact him, he should be under no obligation to reply or co-operate when he's not an employee, not in the union, and not even in the bloody country.

I don't see how he loses this case. He was clearly not supposed to be at stage 3, so he shouldn't be suspended
Yep, as someone that knows a little about labor contracts this should be a slam dunk for BB. The NFL clearly skipped a step of disicipline that is in the CBA. The big IF will be the damages the NFL and possibly Goodell would have to pay. I kind of think this is going to get settled once the NFL realizes they are not going to win this. Though I'd personally rather not see it settled and I'd rather see the judge throw the book and the NFL and Rog.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
He belongs on the field! We won the Superbowl without him, but I am sure he was there in spirit!

Kixkahn

Reaction score
ivotuk":12xerb9c said:
Some good quotes from that article:

"As PFT has previously reported, Browner actually had been placed on indefinite suspension before he returned to the NFL in 2011, but he somehow slipped through the cracks when he signed in Seattle. (This is on the NFL AND the NFLPA, both failed BB).

"Here’s a potential accommodation the NFL may want to consider: Quit worrying about what guys do on their own time unless and until they get arrested for something." (Yea, focus on people like Rapistburger, Sharper, Hernandez and Ray Rice, you know, rapists, murderers and wife beaters)

“I don’t understand how the league can ruin someone’s career over this fact pattern,” Schaffer said. “I’ll represent Brandon zealously to make sure his career isn’t ruined.”

I sincerely hope BB makes it back to the Seahawks for the 2014 season.
I agree with you, the NFL is making big things out of stuff like drugs and sweeping other things like accusation of rape twice, illegal guns, wife beating, ect. under the carpet. I hope Browner wins and makes the NFL look at this issue differently.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He will win as he should..I also think that would make him stage 1 since he wasn't an NFL employee to begin with ,so the missed 2nd test doesn't count -thats minus 2 right?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You know as much as we want the NFL to lose money...they are going to get PAID, and it's going to come out of OUR pockets.

ivotuk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1xww917o said:
You know as much as we want the NFL to lose money...they are going to get PAID, and it's going to come out of OUR pockets.

As far as I am concerned, I am losing "enjoyment" of the game without Brandon Browner on the field. Dude is a monster and is fun to watch. Instead I'm forced to watch old BB highlights over and over. I want new ones.

Chapow

Reaction score
TwilightError":166qs75q said:
NFL just could not face the fact that twice in two years they accused a Seahawk DB wrongly. What small minded, petty and childish persons. I hope BB gets a whale of a compensation from those arrogant little power trippers.

#FreeBrowner!

Browner was not "wrongly accused".

He did actually test positive for something that violates the league's substance-abuse policy. Everyone assumes it was weed, but I don't believe that has ever been confirmed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":10y9iznw said:
WOW! really?
So if Browner WINS this case, I need to keep an eye on my bank account? :roll: ok.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I love how BB is playing the innocent card...

Oh, I didn't get any letters...

Oh, I didn't know where I was in the drug program...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":xkr1ikxw said:
ZagHawk":xkr1ikxw said:
WOW! really?
So if Browner WINS this case, I need to keep an eye on my bank account? :roll: ok.

The NFL just made a $765M settlement. Roger Goddell made $44M this year. Where do you think all that money came from? ticket prices, merch, etc. The stuff is expensive enough as it is, and they keep going up, and these are reasons why. The lost money from lawsuits are not going to come from the pockets of the big wigs working at the NFL, it's gonna come from the consumers. Wise up.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":78nr4vlc said:
scutterhawk":78nr4vlc said:
ZagHawk":78nr4vlc said:
WOW! really?

The NFL just made a $765M settlement. Roger Goddell made $44M this year. Where do you think all that money came from? ticket prices, merch, etc. The stuff is expensive enough as it is, and they keep going up, and these are reasons why. The lost money from lawsuits are not going to come from the pockets of the big wigs working at the NFL, it's gonna come from the consumers. Wise up.
I have wised up, and it's NOT coming out of your pocket dude, I repeat, NOT.
It just destroys me when I realize it's going to cost me an extra 3 cents if I want to buy something from the NFL :roll: NOT!!!!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Chapow":28wtgo0y said:
Browner was not "wrongly accused".

He did actually test positive for something that violates the league's substance-abuse policy. Everyone assumes it was weed, but I don't believe that has ever been confirmed.
The issue isn't that he was wrongly accused, it's that he was wrongly punished.

fridayfrenzy":28wtgo0y said:

This post appears to be exceptionally stupid.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1hq1fvn1 said:

Well if the NFL is like any other corporation they would have sent those letters thru Guarenteed and registered mail, so a signature of BB Would be required, if it happened BB Would have no case. They obviously don't have any signed receipts with BB's signature on it, and they know it so they are trying to bully their way through this.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
I stand behind Browner...good dude and one of the pillars helping to set the tone for the LOB. He deserves a ring for this year and I think deserves his day in court (and if he wins, then being held out of the superbowl sounds like it could be expensive for the NFL).

Good luck Brandon

FreeBrowner!

Latest posts