BB to sue the NFL

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
They sent a letter than went to an address that was not confirmed? What year are we in? Browner was not in the witness protection program. Anyone with a working knowledge of the internet could have done a search and found out he was playing in the CFL from 2007 onwards and contacted him via the Stamps. That being the extent of a mulit-billion dollar organziation's attempt to contact someone seems pretty weak.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1uj9124j said:
They sent a letter than went to an address that was not confirmed? What year are we in? Browner was not in the witness protection program. Anyone with a working knowledge of the internet could have done a search and found out he was playing in the CFL from 2007 onwards and contacted him via the Stamps. That being the extent of a mulit-billion dollar organziation's attempt to contact someone seems pretty weak.
Welcome to Roger Goodell's NFL. They think they are above the law.

BHF

Reaction score
Anthony!":2jmqws0j said:
MontanaHawk05":2jmqws0j said:
I read somewhere that the NFL had kept in touch with Browner concerning his ongoing status in the drug program. If that's true, Browner doesn't have much of a case.

What was said is they sent letters to an address that was not confirmed. So in other words they sent letters, but the problem is BB did not live there. I am an HR professional well versed in labor law and unless there is something we have not been told, the NFL is in deep crap.

The caveat being that the CBA is very different than the labor laws that you and I operate under. Both sides seem to believe that their case is bullet proof. Should be interesting to see what a judge (or arbiter) believes.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It's been said that "A lot of money can cover a multitude of sins". There will be a lot of money exchanging hands ....above or under the table!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":veevolt2 said:
Brian Nemhauser ‏@hawkblogger 29m
Reports are that Browner will seek an immediate injunction that would allow him to enter free agency and practice/play until suit resolved
Yep, PFT reported the same tonight.

Rocket

Reaction score
ivotuk":3i9eh2yx said:
ZagHawk":3i9eh2yx said:
You know as much as we want the NFL to lose money...they are going to get PAID, and it's going to come out of OUR pockets.

As far as I am concerned, I am losing "enjoyment" of the game without Brandon Browner on the field. Dude is a monster and is fun to watch. Instead I'm forced to watch old BB highlights over and over. I want new ones.

Yeah. What he said.
FREE B.B.

dunceface

Reaction score
“My job is to protect my player,” Schaffer said. “You can use the word ‘blackball’ for Brandon. I could get blackballed, too. But I don’t care. I’d do it every day of the week.”

FIERCE.

get em BB

TXHawk

Reaction score
I don't see how the NFL can possibly justify punishing Browner for missing drug tests when he was no longer in the league. That would be like a company expecting an employee to continue to abide by their policies even after he was fired and went to work for another company in a different country. Sounds ridiculous to me, but I'm no lawyer.

warden

Reaction score
The thing that bugs me the most is we the fans should not here of any substance abuse suspensions until after the appeals process. Yet time and time again we here about it before the appeals have been heard. With Browner this time, Sherman the time before, players through out the league. Even if the player wins his appeal, his image and ability to earn top dollar has been damage some. The media always breaks the story with inside sources. The NFL has done a chitty job enforcing their own privacy rules. This is a law suit waiting to happen.

The big problem with law suits, is the side with the most money usually wins. It is not about justice, it is about power.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm still kinda upset that he put him self in this position.
But I do hope he wins this thing. If the rumors are in fact the truth,the NFL owes BB big time.

A

Anonymous

mr_burns.jpg

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":loh72mm7 said:
As that creepy guy wearing a hood in Star Wars said... Good...good.

Emperor Palpatine. The sith lord. There can be only 2...a Master and an Apprentice.... :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1qxs9j6k said:
MizzouHawkGal":1qxs9j6k said:

Emperor Palpatine. The sith lord. There can be only 2...a Master and an Apprentice.... :mrgreen:

You mean this guy?

[youtube]MnQ_mp9TzZY[/youtube]

titan3131

Reaction score
GO BB!!!!

FU*K the nfl!!!

TAKE THEM FOR DAMAGES!!! GEt that money SON!

Now I believe after his injury he never would have made it back as a starting corner, maybe a nickel but Maxipads showed him up good.

He is a Huge reason the LOB is what it is. He was the Foundation and the A rock of Our intensity only behind Lynch.

Respect.

FREE BB

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TXHawk":3sfap3w0 said:
I don't see how the NFL can possibly justify punishing Browner for missing drug tests when he was no longer in the league. That would be like a company expecting an employee to continue to abide by their policies even after he was fired and went to work for another company in a different country. Sounds ridiculous to me, but I'm no lawyer.

From what I read, even players playing in Canada have to stay in the NFL drug program, for just this reason. So that's why Browner lost his appeal, apparently it's in the CBA language with the player's union.

Browner tried the "I wasn't notified" excuse. Then he tried the "Shermy sherm tainted sample" excuse. This new chapter of him suing the league stinks like desperation to me. I hope he wins, because Browner seems like a good dude, and I'm sad that he didn't get to enjoy the SB with his teammates. But I don't expect him to win.

chris98251

Reaction score
The big thing is the procedure, the confidentiality that was broken, the fact that the NFL admittedly screwed up when we signed him and he had fallen thru the cracks since he had not received the notifications and any testing and had been jumped to a stage three.

Browner may have broken a rule, but the procedural aspects of the NFL were broken and dropped not once but multiple times.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
IMHO, the NFL is hosed.

They did not enforce their own rule (he 'should' have been on indefinite suspension when he returned to the league/signed with Seahawks)

They did not clear him off of the program after he had 12 months clean.

This indicates they do not enforce the rules, and an unenforced rule is not a rule.

If they decided to enforce the rule on him in this way and no others, then it was arbitrary and capricious (those are expensive words in a courtroom).

Them baring him from work is defamation and is having direct material impact (more expensive words)

Seriously, I hope he wins and entire friggin NFL franchise from them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3690h9vi said:
Seahawkfan80":3690h9vi said:
MizzouHawkGal":3690h9vi said:

You mean this guy?

[youtube]MnQ_mp9TzZY[/youtube]
That would be the one.:)