BB To the Saints... (Thread from last year)

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3jfso7kk said:
kidhawk":3jfso7kk said:
HawkFan72":3jfso7kk said:
I'm surprised the Saints are trading away all their big money deals, and then they sign Browner for more than $5m a year. The Saints handed out some big money in their secondary last year too.

I've been hearing that the Saints are unloading offensive money so they can upgrade the defense.

IMO I think they'll be no better for it, and I would not want to be a Saints fan over the next few years. I see serious troubles in their future.

This is their second year doing this. They got burned last year do to injuries but that is what you get tryin to "buy" a team.

It's not the second year, we did take a chance on a QB with one of the worst possible injuries ever.

I'm still a Jimmy Graham fan and hope he still has the same production. Just not against us, though.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
CANHawk":1njc0asv said:
BlackandGolden":1njc0asv said:
The original member of the LOB is in town. Nice!!
BB's an LOB OG for real.

Fricken love that guy...

It'll be fun to watch him bring some physicality to our defensive unit!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
wizard1183":3chop2h8 said:
Mark my words. I'd put him at 850+ just as most of the players will be dropping back statistically. They lost the SB, Don't expect them to go back so easy this time even if your team doesnt change much. The% chance of winning it if they do go back? Well its pretty small. Not to mention that team left a HUGE black eye for the stunt they pulled at the end of the SB. That doesn't bode well...

Mark my words?

Of course statistically the Hawks weren't supposed to make the playoffs, win the division, get the 1 Seed, win a playoff game, get back to the Super Bowl and actually have it won before taking a dump on the 1 yard line.

That was with a team that had an identity issue for the first half of the season and frankly never put together a perfect game on both sides of the ball at the same time. We all know what happens when they do, but to follow 13-3 with 12-4 and get to the 1 with seconds left in the Super Bowl after last season I have to like their chances.

At this point, witnessing what we saw last season, how can the Hawks be counted out of any game? Are they going to win them all? Of course not, but they have a strong case for winning most of them.

Then there is just the matter of winning 2 home playoff games and one following that is as close to Seattle as a Super Bowl can get.

I have to say I REALLY like their chances.

The Saints? They are capable of being an offensive explosion with Brees under center, if they could truly put a defense together they are dangerous.

korboko

Reaction score
Brandon Browner must be the only player I know that leaves a team after winning a SB ring two years in a row. Hope he doesn't get ignored at the White House again.

kearly

Reaction score
The Eagles and Saints are both trying to get tougher this offseason. I wonder why.

I am a huge fan of the Graham trade, but to be fair, I think Graham's disappearing act against Seattle played a huge role in the Saints willingness to deal him. They know they have to go through Seattle, and they can't afford to have their offense built around a player the LOB shuts down.

Spiller is the kind of RB that could give Seattle a little trouble. I think beating the Seahawks has been on the Saints mind this offseason, for sure. It's ironic of course that they'd deal with Seattle to further that goal.

Subzero717

Reaction score
korboko":3dntxwkr said:
Brandon Browner must be the only player I know that leaves a team after winning a SB ring two years in a row. Hope he doesn't get ignored at the White House again.

korboko":3dntxwkr said:
The teams made the decision for him. I'm sure he would have liked to have stayed here or in NE at market value.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":5fonsemr said:
korboko":5fonsemr said:

korboko":5fonsemr said:
The teams made the decision for him. I'm sure he would have liked to have stayed here or in NE at market value.

Possibly could've re-signed with NE after Revis decided to go with the Jets since all that money that was offered/dedicated to retaining Revis was now free. BB has never hit the FA jack pot, so it wouldn't surprise me if he just took the highest offer on the table. i.e. Pats and other teams offered "market value" or a similar value, but Saints really wanted him and paid even more.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":hgckc8y5 said:
CALIHAWK1":hgckc8y5 said:
korboko":hgckc8y5 said:

korboko":hgckc8y5 said:

Possibly could've re-signed with NE after Revis decided to go with the Jets since all that money that was offered/dedicated to retaining Revis was now free. BB has never hit the FA jack pot, so it wouldn't surprise me if he just took the highest offer on the table. i.e. Pats and other teams offered "market value" or a similar value, but Saints really wanted him and paid even more.

New England could have easily resigned BB but thought they had a chance of retaining Revis. So they ended up with neither.

wizard1183

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":dtebey0n said:
wizard1183":dtebey0n said:
Mark my words. I'd put him at 850+ just as most of the players will be dropping back statistically. They lost the SB, Don't expect them to go back so easy this time even if your team doesnt change much. The% chance of winning it if they do go back? Well its pretty small. Not to mention that team left a HUGE black eye for the stunt they pulled at the end of the SB. That doesn't bode well...

Mark my words?

Of course statistically the Hawks weren't supposed to make the playoffs, win the division, get the 1 Seed, win a playoff game, get back to the Super Bowl and actually have it won before taking a dump on the 1 yard line.

That was with a team that had an identity issue for the first half of the season and frankly never put together a perfect game on both sides of the ball at the same time. We all know what happens when they do, but to follow 13-3 with 12-4 and get to the 1 with seconds left in the Super Bowl after last season I have to like their chances.

At this point, witnessing what we saw last season, how can the Hawks be counted out of any game? Are they going to win them all? Of course not, but they have a strong case for winning most of them.

Then there is just the matter of winning 2 home playoff games and one following that is as close to Seattle as a Super Bowl can get.

I have to say I REALLY like their chances.

The Saints? They are capable of being an offensive explosion with Brees under center, if they could truly put a defense together they are dangerous.

I'm not knocking them in the sense that I find they're no good. They're a great football team. PC on the other hand? If I saw him I'd have to kick him in the groin for his gum chewing retarded look he has on the field. Lol

I don't think the Hawks will have HFA 3 yrs in a row. Now while they're good, the loss in the SB is affective in holding them back I believe. They could very well prove me wrong.

As for the Saints, if the injury bug doesn't hit us (which I seriously doubt it will) we will be a top contender this yr. Many were surprised at the Jimmy trade. I wasn't. Simply cause Brees makes his receivers. He can take scrubs and put it where only they can catch it. Saints don't need stars. That's whst hurt them. They need to run, spread the ball to keep the defense guessing and have a top 4 offense. Those traits will get them to the NFCCG

bigtrain21

Reaction score
wizard1183":c6x7kkso said:
PC on the other hand? If I saw him I'd have to kick him in the groin for his gum chewing retarded look he has on the field. Lol

10809998_1536390083275286_645547640_a.jpg

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":3dva6ad3 said:
dontbelikethat":3dva6ad3 said:
CALIHAWK1":3dva6ad3 said:
korboko":3dva6ad3 said:

korboko":3dva6ad3 said:

New England could have easily resigned BB but thought they had a chance of retaining Revis. So they ended up with neither.

I think it went down a bit differently.

The Pats knew they were out of the Revis talks and decided to make an intentional move away from Browner. Belichick hates penalties and probably felt like it wasn't worth it to keep Browner and is reloading with...??? Who knows???...I hear that Butler kid is pretty good.

original poster

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":13zsfxxk said:
Interesting. I'm happy for Browner and anything that hurts the Patriots is all good in my book. :th2thumbs:

This X1000.

bigtrain21":13zsfxxk said:
wizard1183":13zsfxxk said:
PC on the other hand? If I saw him I'd have to kick him in the groin for his gum chewing retarded look he has on the field. Lol

10809998_1536390083275286_645547640_a.jpg

Is he wearing make up?

wizard1183

Reaction score
Said Id be back and to mark my words that lynch was lucky to get 850yds last yr. What he get? 457? Lol

I'm not here to start shit but to open eyes that it's textbook shit. You don't have to believe it, but you can't turn away from it without it reminding you.... :th2thumbs:

Let's look at this yr. Saints host the Hawks and Hawks have a 5pt spread as being away favs. Now this line will change, but make my words again. Saints beat the Hawks. Doesn't matter if Saitns barely win any games this yr though I beleive they'll win the div as CAROLINA is out.

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of early to be posting drunk. You resurrected a year old thread to post that word salad?
:laugh:

wizard1183

Reaction score
sutz":3amkcp5s said:
Kind of early to be posting drunk. You resurrected a year old thread to post that word salad?
Because I said Id be back once season was over. I'm not drunk. Just letting you know that SB losers ALWAYS take a step back. I even said lynch would possibly be injured and he was. That game (NO vs Hawks) has been penciled since the sched came out. While I understand why Hawks would be favored, you'd be an absolute moron to take the Hawks in that game IF you're a bettor...

kidhawk

Reaction score
wizard1183":2u8h89g5 said:
sutz":2u8h89g5 said:
Because I said Id be back once season was over. I'm not drunk. Just letting you know that SB losers ALWAYS take a step back. I even said lynch would possibly be injured and he was. That game (NO vs Hawks) has been penciled since the sched came out. While I understand why Hawks would be favored, you'd be an absolute moron to take the Hawks in that game IF you're a bettor...

Are you here to take credit for your prediction of how good the Saints were going to be as well, or are you like the vast majority and make 100 predictions, then just select the ones that are closes to true and try to make others believe you are smarter than they are? You do know that is a tired idea that nobody falls for any longer, don't you?

wizard1183

Reaction score
No, I admit I was mistaken on my prediction that Saints would do well last yr, but other than I was spot on. This yrs prediction is not a prediction. It's a foreseeable fact which in time you'll see...

I do think the Hawks will do well this yr. Should anyway. The division there is basically yours for the taking as there's no competition really unless you call the Cards being the only team to give the Hawks a run for it.

Many ppl are predicting Carolina to come back after their loss. But I don't see them doing much. Maybe they'll get the playoffs and if so, they'll drop out on Rd 1.

Saints are a young team so I don't expect them to do fantastic but it'll be a look at the direction they're going. Defense CANT be any worse than they were lol. So I think they'll step up to top 20 and perhaps if all goes well, top 10 next yr. The thing that hurt the worst was Byrd. He was a pipe dream. Not to mention starters took a hit early on and just never recovered. Maybe this yr they'll start to get things together. Goodell doesn't help but I think this could the turnaround for them.