Bears Ray McDonald arrested again

Jville

Reaction score
Ray McDonald is a Santa Clara headache ..... not Chicago's.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/603728894731153408[/tweet]

Here is a description of events link >>>>> [urltargetblank]https://local.nixle.com/alert/5421492/[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Wow two arrests in three days. This guy has just lost his mind.....

Less than 12 months ago people were saying that his character was impeccable and that it was the GF who was insane.... But thats a special kind of stupid. Getting arrested again today

Maulbert

Reaction score
ringless":153xlp7h said:
Wow two arrests in three days. This guy has just lost his mind.....

Less than 12 months ago people were saying that his character was impeccable and that it was the GF who was insane.... But thats a special kind of stupid. Getting arrested again today

:sarcasm_on: WAIT! WAIT! We need to hear more. He deserves the benefit of the doubt! :sarcasm_off:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This guy doesn't have a brain cell in his head. Idiot! If there was any doubt before that his NFL career is over, that doubt has been erased.

Cannot wait for the spin on this.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Just kidding, but at the rate he might as well be.

Wheres the 49er fan that was saying he was innocent till proven guilty?

Sac

Reaction score
I hope he didn't blow all his money on dumb stuff. He'll never play in the NFL again.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I'm gonna put the most positive spin on this possible just to get to my point at the bottom:

So it sounds like McDonald rents an apartment for his ex-fiance and their kid, and they were all there when him and the ex got in a fight. He wanted to take the kid with him, and she locked herself with the kid in the bedroom. In the most generous reading he broke the door down but left without ever actually actually making any physical contact with either of them.

Even in this best case scenario he's breaking a restraining order by being there, which might kinda suck for him, given that it sounds like they were all already there and he was breaking it with her consent.

SOOOOOOOOO, even if we spin this as far as we humanely can in Ray McDonald's favor, he clearly 1) has very serious anger issues he needs to deal with and 2) this is clearly a remarkably unhealthy relationship.

THE POINT: If the NFL even remotely gave a rat about curbing domestic violence and not just protecting themselves from the PR hit of it they would have ALREADY had his stupid @ss in counseling as a precondition of his return. The Bears could have done this too as a precondition of his signing, and they did either.

I'm not saying that had he been in counseling this definitively wouldn't have happened, but that the NFL is completely disinterested in actually trying to help any of these people help themselves and only cares about the PR bump from punishment speaks volumes, IMO.

Ray McDonald has major issues, and he will regardless of if he plays football or not. No matter what they say, by their actions it's clear the NFL, the NFLPA, the 49ers, and the Bears don't actually care.

dbmack

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2mjttnwj said:
So it sounds like McDonald rents an apartment for his ex-fiance and their kid, and they were all there when him and the ex got in a fight. He wanted to take the kid with him, and she locked herself with the kid in the bedroom. In the most generous reading he broke the door down but left without ever actually actually making any physical contact with either of them.

Even in this best case scenario he's breaking a restraining order by being there, which might kinda suck for him, given that it sounds like they were all already there and he was breaking it with her consent.
The restraining order incident was separate from the one where he kicked the door down. He went back over there after being released from jail knowing he wasn't supposed to.

Marvin49

Reaction score
No idea what to believe at this point, but his lawyer says that he was never informed there was a retraining order and he went to the home with an investigator to have photos taken of the door he supposedly knocked down. Niether the woman nor the child were at the residence.

Someone called the police and he was arrested at a Togos of all things.

Honestly, dude just needs to stay the hell away from that woman and that house. Nothing good comes of it. That's not to say he's innocent...just saying whether he's guilty or not bad stuff happens when they are in close proximity. At this point its comical levels of stupidity.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2o9ebrs3 said:
No idea what to believe at this point, but his lawyer says that he was never informed there was a retraining order and he went to the home with an investigator to have photos taken of the door he supposedly knocked down. Niether the woman nor the child were at the residence.

Honestly, dude just needs to stay the hell away from that woman and that house. Nothing good comes of it. That's not to say he's innocent...just saying whether he's guilty or not bad stuff happens when they are in close proximity. At this point its comical levels of stupidity.

Well, I gotta eat my crow. I was wondering where you were. :th2thumbs:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3e33b5xn said:
Marvin49":3e33b5xn said:

Well, I gotta eat my crow. I was wondering where you were. :th2thumbs:

Paprika and pepper.....feathers taste good then. :twisted:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1mgcmx2a said:

I know lawyers are supposed to spin for their clients, but seriously. He was arrested for domestic violence. There's absolutely no way he was released without a restraining order. It is just way too commonplace for that to be a condition of release in these situations.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Ray McDonald's ex-fiancee says he repeatedly attacked her

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Former San Francisco 49ers and Chicago Bears defensive tackle Ray McDonald's former fiancee says in court records that McDonald repeatedly attacked her over several months.

The San Jose Mercury News reports that a restraining order obtained by the newspaper Tuesday shows the 27-year-old woman says he once choked her and once put his knee to her stomach while she was pregnant, according to her application for the temporary restraining order.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13000 ... tacked-her

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Can't say I'm surprised, and hopefully the courts mandate that McDonald gets the help he needs to not to do this to another person in the future.

The only downside of this revelation IMO is that in going to the courts to find a respite from the situation she's been living in she has also been "outed" by the same process. If she wanted to go to the media with this information she should have had the right to do that or not to do that.

Basically what I'm saying is that I think there should be more checks in place for victims of crimes like rape and DV to have access to the legal system without being publicly exposed as victims (which can only go so far of course; you can't deny someone's right to face their accuser, nor should you be able to). I think granting someone the ability to have a restraining order sealed or not doesn't overstep any of those bounds, though.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13228267/ray-mcdonald-former-san-francisco-49ers-chicago-bears-defensive-tackle-charged-domestic-violence-false-imprisonment?sf10803699=1[/urltargetblank]

Prosecutors in California have charged former San Francisco 49ers and Chicago Bears defensive tackle Ray McDonald with domestic violence and false imprisonment following allegations he assaulted his ex-fiancée while she held their 2-month-old child.

The Santa Clara County district attorney's office announced the charges Thursday. McDonald also is charged with child endangerment and violating a court order that he stay away from the victim. He is scheduled to be arraigned in the afternoon.