Beastmode mad?

grizbob

Reaction score
bestfightstory":23ujtvmy said:
SalishHawkFan":23ujtvmy said:
jake206":23ujtvmy said:
Question: Why the heck was Russell running the ball in goal line situation and not giving it to Marshawn? WTH. Please explain to me, Darrell Bevell.
Carroll said that Wilson made the mistake there. He was supposed to give the ball to Lynch in the option, but chose to keep it instead. Carroll said he talked to Wilson about that and also said they may have to take the option away from Wilson in those situations in the future so there is no misunderstanding.

REALLY? An interesting fact the Bevell-haters will conveniently ignore.

About 19:20 into this audio:http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/710-ESPN-Seattle-Audio-Pete-Carroll-talks-Week-8-with-Brock-and-Danny/d577dc3e-0ee1-42ef-8e31-f0f55627fffe

mikeak

Reaction score
We did run two quick slant passes for first down except

Tate dropped the first

Kearse dropped the second

We did get first downs in the beginning of the game down by our goal line

Except

Sweezy got called for penalties TWICE to nullify basically two drives

That is FOUR drives that were stopped because of mistakes. I am not saying our offense clicked or I wasn't surprised that smarter decisions weren't being made like chipping blitzers with RBs etc but gameplan being messed up is one thing and a large part of yesterday but it wasn't all. Individual mistakes caused problems as well

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bestfightstory":33i0xkqr said:
SalishHawkFan":33i0xkqr said:
jake206":33i0xkqr said:
Question: Why the heck was Russell running the ball in goal line situation and not giving it to Marshawn? WTH. Please explain to me, Darrell Bevell.
Carroll said that Wilson made the mistake there. He was supposed to give the ball to Lynch in the option, but chose to keep it instead. Carroll said he talked to Wilson about that and also said they may have to take the option away from Wilson in those situations in the future so there is no misunderstanding.

So I guess those 2 plays exonerate him for the rest of that crappy game plan? Why even call a RO in that situation 2x's in a row

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
-The Glove-":i6w7bwou said:
bestfightstory":i6w7bwou said:
SalishHawkFan":i6w7bwou said:
jake206":i6w7bwou said:

So I guess those 2 plays exonerate him for the rest of that crappy game plan? Why even call a RO in that situation 2x's in a row

An interesting observation that the Bevell-apologists will somehow brush off.

HawkWow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3llx5y1p said:
Carmon1274":3llx5y1p said:
Wow Lynch acting like Dez Bryant. I wonder what some of u guys will think, cuz I know what u guys wrote on Dez.

I didn't write anything about Dez on here, but elsewhere I supported Dez. And after hearing audio of him on the sidelines, I felt even better about it

And right you are, Glove. Turns out Dez was being the opposite of what we assumed he was being vs. Detroit. But he's cultivated a reputation that will be hard to shake....such misinterpretations he's brought on himself. Good to see he's playing nice, just the same.

Now for our guy: Lots of hypocrites on this board. IF ML did in fact flip off a coach, on national TV, he deserves to be punished. Imagine if Gore would have done this...there would be thread after thread calling him a punk and demanding some form of punishment. But because it's ML, who happens to be my favorite player, "Bevell deserved to be flipped off" and ML was totally in the right. You gotta' be kidding me? IF ML flipped off Bevell, a guy I'd like to see flipped off in private, ML was far from in the right. I don't care what the reason was, it was a lack of professionalism that merits instant discipline. There is no place for obscene gestures, or displayed disrespect between players and coaches in front of fans and media.

I am going to assume ML did not flip off Bevell, because if I assume he did, I also have to assume Pete is not doing his job in letting such a cardinal sin slide. OTOH, if it appears Bevell is holding some grudge, which would be suicidal, and intentionally excluding ML from the offense, he needs a dose of similar discipline. We are at a point right now where this team can go either way. Pete needs to get in some faces and get to the bottom of whatever is going on, then extinguish the cause, like pronto.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I am really starting to think that Lynch has totally lost faith in Bevell and his actions the last few games support this. The Middle finger in Phoenix, Telling Russell to just take over in Houston and last night, not only excluding Lynch from that Goal line stand, but risking the entire franchise with two (unsuccessful) QB keepers followed by Lynch's marked absence from the second half of that game is a precursor to something big IMO. Hope I am wrong because if we lose Lynch because of Bevell trying to play hardball with him we are in big trouble.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
"Wow Lynch acting like Dez Bryant. I wonder what some of u guys will think, cuz I know what u guys wrote on Dez."

Don't think anyone would mind seeing Dez on our sideline about now.

But yeah, don't understand the lack of screens. We threw one nice gainer on a screen to Turbin and even Gruden remarks that "that is how you beat pressure" - yet it was the last one I remember.

WTF?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1cqd43lg said:
I am really starting to think that Lynch has totally lost faith in Bevell and his actions the last few games support this. The Middle finger in Phoenix, Telling Russell to just take over in Houston and last night, not only excluding Lynch from that Goal line stand, but risking the entire franchise with two (unsuccessful) QB keepers followed by Lynch's marked absence from the second half of that game is a precursor to something big IMO. Hope I am wrong because if we lose Lynch because of Bevell trying to play hardball with him we are in big trouble.

It pains me to say this bro, but I think we've lost ML already, and that is likely a source of the problems. I am merely speculating, but drafting Michael, then cutting Robinson, couldn't have sat well with Lynch. He wouldn't be human if he was stoked with any of it, especially the drafting of another back when we clearly needed line help.

I'm not bagging on the FO for any of this, ML makes a ton of money against the cap and this is an ugly business, but I think the plan was initially to let ML go at this year's conclusion. ML would be extra pissed understanding this, while not getting adequate blocking or reps to showcase what he has left for a future suitor. But now with questions surrounding Michael.....? We may have ourselves a disaster brewing. I hope we keep ML, ditch Bevell. I see no other viable solution if it's doubtful Michael can take over the 1 spot in camp next year. Somethings gotta' give.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1rab4uc2 said:
Dez hasn't brought anything on himself. Too many people make assumptions and then ride them out.

LOL...the guy punched his mom. I would say that brings some negativity towards one's self. In the real world, anyway.

Johnny

Reaction score
I don't blame Lynch for being so pissed at Bevell/Carroll..... I mean only 8 carries, WTF?

I know the excuses that people keep saying "The Rams had 8 man fronts all night long",,, SO WHAT! It's not like Lynch has NEVER ran at an 8 man front before..... Does anyone remember when TJax was the starting QB here Lynch ran at 8 man fronts the entire season.....

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
HawkWow":2f2v02uj said:
Smelly McUgly":2f2v02uj said:
Dez hasn't brought anything on himself. Too many people make assumptions and then ride them out.

LOL...the guy punched his mom. I would say that brings some negativity towards one's self. In the real world, anyway.

Well, his mom is a drug dealer that by reports was emotionally neglectful at worst and emotionally abusive at best, and she actually was in-and-out of his life as well, possibly putting a strain on their relationship.

So he came into this world, didn't get to pick his mom, probably, considering what we know about his background, never got taught the skills he needs to communicate in what we would describe as a typically productive way to communicate, and he has an ugly encounter with his mom that we know little about.

Was it okay for him to be violent? No.

Should someone who doesn't sit in judgment of everyone and who understands Dez's past say "Urp, well, he brought it on himself!"

I would hope not, but I have low expectations for sports fans. Too many of them watch in order to judge dudes as "immature" or "bad" instead of having like an ounce of understanding.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":237e6asu said:
HawkWow":237e6asu said:
Smelly McUgly":237e6asu said:

Well, his mom is a drug dealer that by reports was emotionally neglectful at worst and emotionally abusive at best, and she actually was in-and-out of his life as well, possibly putting a strain on their relationship.

So he came into this world, didn't get to pick his mom, probably, considering what we know about his background, never got taught the skills he needs to communicate in what we would describe as a typically productive way to communicate, and he has an ugly encounter with his mom that we know little about.

Was it okay for him to be violent? No.

Should someone who doesn't sit in judgment of everyone and who understands Dez's past say "Urp, well, he brought it on himself!"

I would hope not, but I have low expectations for sports fans. Too many of them watch in order to judge dudes as "immature" or "bad" instead of having like an ounce of understanding.

Again you are very fair in not calling out players based on their reputations alone. The mom thing was the tipping point for Dez, not the beginning. Not many players in the league are appointed babysitters by their respective FO. The Cowboys had, perhaps still have, people assigned to follow Bryant to keep him on the straight and narrow. I don't think we are being unfair or bias in suggesting he's brought that on himself. But again, you are extremely tolerant and that tolerance justified as it appears Dez is putting all that behind him. I have no bone to pick with Dez based on his actions this year. People make mistakes and he appears to be resurrecting his image and as usual, doing great things on the football field. I would welcome him here with open arms and even as a Cowboy, I hope for his continued growth. He's to WRs what Lynch is to running backs. I'd hate to see that talent wasted.

rideaducati

Reaction score
At least the Beast will be healthy when the Seahawks REALLY need him. Maybe they're saving him for later in the season and into the post season.

dunceface

Reaction score
lol at anyone thinking Lynch is "already gone"

we may be preparing for his eventual departure, however that may come about, but no way we plan on doing this anytime soon

dan2314

Reaction score
i love seeing dez going off on the sidelines, its great to see when guys care that much about whats going on. i want guys to do that. even better when i heard he wasnt having a go at his teammates and was actually talking about different plays. either way, you should be getting animated during the game, why are you out there if you dont care?

in terms of the box getting stacked against us, that is exactly why percy is perfect. when you stack the box with 8 guys, youre playing one on one with one safety. if you get that, you throw it out there quickly on a screen or slant/cross and then probably about 50% of the time percy or a quick receiver is going to win, and when theres no one else back either, theres a good chance itll be a huge gain. percy will be a perfect compliment, and i really hope he gets back soon.

w00t

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1mmzlm96 said:
-The Glove-":1mmzlm96 said:
bestfightstory":1mmzlm96 said:
SalishHawkFan":1mmzlm96 said:

An interesting observation that the Bevell-apologists will somehow brush off.

Yup. 1st and goal and you go read option? How about "I Formation" and let the beast run it up the gut. That read option is the reason Rice got injured. Russell tried to run on the right side and clipped Rice's left leg while Rice was blocking a DB.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
w00t":28j6lbpk said:
Yup. 1st and goal and you go read option? How about "I Formation" and let the beast run it up the gut. That read option is the reason Rice got injured. Russell tried to run on the right side and clipped Rice's left leg while Rice was blocking a DB.

Yup, I agree we should've ran it with Lynch at least once at the goal line, but don't blame it on the read option. If you're goona complain that it hurts players, I hope you did it in disapproval the same as when all those times Russell does it and gets a 15 yard gain, the same as when Lynch gets the ball and goes 10 yards or when we were destroying Buffalo last year with it.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
mikeak":1pzxuwqg said:
We did run two quick slant passes for first down except

Tate dropped the first

Kearse dropped the second

We did get first downs in the beginning of the game down by our goal line

Except

Sweezy got called for penalties TWICE to nullify basically two drives

That is FOUR drives that were stopped because of mistakes. I am not saying our offense clicked or I wasn't surprised that smarter decisions weren't being made like chipping blitzers with RBs etc but gameplan being messed up is one thing and a large part of yesterday but it wasn't all. Individual mistakes caused problems as well

Thank you for bringing this up, and I agree completely.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Too be honest he should be mad...

Our offensive play calling is one of our biggest weaknesses. I've never coached even peewee football and I think I could honestly call better plays.

Last year we were incredibly predictable, people knew EXACTLY when we were going to run. You could just see the failed plays lining up before they even happen.

It's amazing to me Lynch even has big games with our play calling. He truly is a beast. So many times our offense gives him nothing to work with and he still makes a gain somehow, pathetic blocking in general.

But from the 1 yard line you don't even give Lynch 1 chance?! This is inexcusable, especially when you are putting our amazing QB in danger. Russel could probably barely run at that point after taking so many sacks, what the heck were they thinking!? He clearly didn't have his usual quickness and was wisely just trying to not get injured at that point.

If our offensive line could actually do anything I would prefer this sequence if we had a first down in goal range:

1st down) Throw the ball on first down but have lynch in the game. Defense will expect run but gives us a chance for Russel to make a play could even end up with beast mode receiving. This however requires our offensive line not to look like a bunch of stone golems.

2nd down) Here is probably where you let Beastmode run depending on how defense lines up... have a plan b if it looks wrong.

3rd down) Assuming beast mode already ran it once I'd like to see the ball in Russel's hand line up Golden Tate and Zach Miller on one side and Sydney Rice/Kearse on the other with Lynch in the game too for confusion and backup plan.

Now I will admit I've had a few beers so if I'm wrong with this assesment it happens, but the bottom line is Beast Mode should be pissed those play calls are garbage.

And our offensive play calling in general is terrible in my opinion. We have so much talent is underutilized, although I like how we seem to spread the ball by design... still too many questionable calls.

Like why did they not start throwing some quick screens and slants to Golden Tate or the other Willson? Our offense looked absuletely horrid vs rams and we made no adjustments left Russel like a sitting duck with no plays to get the ball out his hands quickly...