Bengals vs Bills

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Nfln has his doctors on right now. One said that he woke and even asked who won the game in writing, since the intubation tube is still in.

Their response: “yes you won, Damar. You won the game of life.”
I am so happy to read this. A lot of prayers went his way. Hallelujah! 😁

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The docs said he had been cooled. It’s been 60 hours, he’s still vented and wrote “who won the game”?

Also

schkoot

Reaction score
Nfln has his doctors on right now. One said that he woke and even asked who won the game in writing, since the intubation tube is still in.

Their response: “yes you won, Damar. You won the game of life.”
I know this is poignant to a lot of us, but there's a part of me that would be a little miffed if I didn't get the real scoop about the game.

Something like: "Damar, the game didn't carry on without you. Your life wasn't so cheap that your brothers would keep playing after what happened. The world saw you go down and has been collectively been holding its breath and rooting to see you pull through."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know I have to walk a very tight rope here as I don't want this to turn into a religious thread but as a very spiritual man, I cannot help but be awed by what I deem to be a fact when I say when you have MILLIONS of souls on this planet aiming their positive thoughts and energy towards the healing of ONE soul, well, how that can't have an effect on some energetic level (trying to keep this non-religious) would be stretching credibility even if you pay the simplest attention to the basics of quantum physics.

In other words, we are all connected in ways we can't even fathom and the grace and goodness beyond what we could ever comprehend is at play here. Above all else, it's the fact that this event has created a sense of unified love and togetherness which is not only what that young man needed, but what we all needed.

Continued progress and healing young man. 🙏

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The breathing tube has been removed. He is talking to his family and his teammates.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Wow.
Incredible news.

Now Im feeling even more guilty for all of my speculation.

I can only assume at this point he may make a full and complete recovery.

Unless some permanent injury or underlying lying condition prevents it, return to playing may not be out of the realm of possibilities. (Should he have the desire) How amazing would that be.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I know I have to walk a very tight rope here as I don't want this to turn into a religious thread but as a very spiritual man, I cannot help but be awed by what I deem to be a fact when I say when you have MILLIONS of souls on this planet aiming their positive thoughts and energy towards the healing of ONE soul, well, how that can't have an effect on some energetic level (trying to keep this non-religious) would be stretching credibility even if you pay the simplest attention to the basics of quantum physics.

In other words, we are all connected in ways we can't even fathom and the grace and goodness beyond what we could ever comprehend is at play here. Above all else, it's the fact that this event has created a sense of unified love and togetherness which is not only what that young man needed, but what we all needed.

Continued progress and healing young man. 🙏

Prayer is helpful to all. It’s often the only thing we can do, the only thing we control. It’s definitely not worthless to those doing it.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wow.
Incredible news.

Unless some permanent injury or underlying lying condition prevents it, return to playing may not be out of the realm of possibilities. (Should he have the desire) How amazing would that be.

The tube is out and he’s talking. Barring complications he should be out of icu today or tomorrow and discharged a Few days after that.

Longer term, it would depend on how much damage the cardiac muscle and the lungs sustained. My friend the retired paramedic had Been transported to the hospital when he coded, he survived, and is the highest functioning individual I know with an ef of about 22.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Wow.
Incredible news.

I'm not sure why you should feel guilty. You were never conclusive in any of your remarks, and I appreciate both your input as well as BSD's as you guys do that stuff for a living. I actually learned a thing or two.

Absolutely fantastic news about Hamlin's progress.

Seahawker

Reaction score
The country needed this, so glad he is OK.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This week has been wretched. I don't think it really hit me how much I gave a shit until today... now that he's awake, talking to family and teammates, no breathing tube... a quick sigh of relief. A good time to remind yourselves why you love sports. Competition, greatness, passion. In a meaningless game, in a meaningless world... it means everything. These men put their literal lives on the line to entertain millions (and yes, reap the rewards), I'm thankful that he didn't give his on this day.

Sports is always about more than the x's and o's and we were once again hit with the reality that these are people. Ridiculously athletic and talented individuals that play this game we enjoy watching. They aren't video game characters, they aren't puppets, they aren't grown in a lab, and they don't exist solely for our entertainment. They don't walk off the field and cease to exist or matter. They aren't 'just like us', they are us.

And like pmed said, go ******* learn CPR (I know I'll be taking another refresher). Go practice the heimlich. Get yourself prepared for the opportunity to save a life and hope that others do to for yours.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Learned CPR in the military. Had to have because we were remote a lot. Used it on a Veteran one late afternoon. Saved his life. Peace.
I've used my First Aid training to help out in a few incidents, one of them potentially very serious, but have never had to use my CPR.

I'm sure he's glad you were able to keep your composure in the situation & help pull him through. Kudos to you sir.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

I don’t see why the Bengals and their fan base needed to get f over having to play the ravens again in theirstadium.as they might when or if they beat the ravens. It’s literally a coin flip then. The only way they get a home game is if they lose