Bennett Plantar Fascia injury

SeaChat

Reaction score
New age injury treatment. I have suffered from severe lower spine injury and ongoing deterioration of the same for years, in effect my Doc says I’ve been living and working with a busted back for most of my adult life. Up antil recently there hasn’t been much anyone could do except embed a pain pump and regulate a flow of pain killer into my spinal cord. It works in that the pain is manageable and I’m able to get around with out too much difficulty.

Recently in one of my appointments with my doc I saw a flyer on a new “Stem Cell” injection treatment using my own stem cells and whatever else it was they extracted from my own body to create an injectable concoction that is injected into the damaged area of your body, in my instance it would be the lower joints of my spine, and theoretically it would cause my damaged disks to mend themselves back to like new over a short period of time.

My insurance won’t pay for the treatment yet although it’s been approved by the FDA. My doc said that in many instances only one treatment is needed, at a cost of a few thousand dollars. She said if I was going to save for something this treatment might be something to consider saving for, because it appears to be working for a whole lot of folks.
I’m thinking maybe this treatment might be why we are seeing more players healing up more quickly from injuries than we have in past times. Maybe why they were suggesting that Chris Carson might be able to return to action as early as December.

I think we’re on the cusp of some really big advancements in the treatment of injuries for athletes, especially in the NFL because it seems to be where the most severe and frequent accidents are occurring. There is so much miss information on stem cell treatment out there right now that probably a lot of folks are not talking about it if they are undergoing treatments.
I know some of the reports coming from the Seahawks is that there have been a group of players involved in related type treatment this past year and I suspect that Bennett probably would benefit from treatment like this, if he isn’t already engaged in it.

chris98251

Reaction score
pacific101":3aacqtcd said:
New age injury treatment. I have suffered from severe lower spine injury and ongoing deterioration of the same for years, in effect my Doc says I’ve been living and working with a busted back for most of my adult life. Up antil recently there hasn’t been much anyone could do except embed a pain pump and regulate a flow of pain killer into my spinal cord. It works in that the pain is manageable and I’m able to get around with out too much difficulty.

Recently in one of my appointments with my doc I saw a flyer on a new “Stem Cell” injection treatment using my own stem cells and whatever else it was they extracted from my own body to create an injectable concoction that is injected into the damaged area of your body, in my instance it would be the lower joints of my spine, and theoretically it would cause my damaged disks to mend themselves back to like new over a short period of time.

My insurance won’t pay for the treatment yet although it’s been approved by the FDA. My doc said that in many instances only one treatment is needed, at a cost of a few thousand dollars. She said if I was going to save for something this treatment might be something to consider saving for, because it appears to be working for a whole lot of folks.
I’m thinking maybe this treatment might be why we are seeing more players healing up more quickly from injuries than we have in past times. Maybe why they were suggesting that Chris Carson might be able to return to action as early as December.

I think we’re on the cusp of some really big advancements in the treatment of injuries for athletes, especially in the NFL because it seems to be where the most severe and frequent accidents are occurring. There is so much miss information on stem cell treatment out there right now that probably a lot of folks are not talking about it if they are undergoing treatments.
I know some of the reports coming from the Seahawks is that there have been a group of players involved in related type treatment this past year and I suspect that Bennett probably would benefit from treatment like this, if he isn’t already engaged in it.

The insurance companies and other regulatory aspects of our country plus the activists that throw up your killing babies prevent a lot of things from becoming affordable and main stream in the United States, why players go to other places for treatments sometimes. Didin't we have like 4 players go somewhere this season to get a treatment for joint pain?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/ ... c-overview

Just a little info. I decided to go and read a little deeper at to what the causes, treatment and prognosis was for Planter Faciitis.

Professional athletes undoubtedly have the best treatments for these things known to modern medicine so I will be surprised if Bennetts ailment will be even barely noticeable.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
pacific101":s18esv95 said:

I think someone is being a little overly hopeful. Stem Cells really can only do so much. Mostly they secrete some growth factors then die. They don't magically recreate complex tissues without significant manipulation to do so. The reason they are not mainstream treatments is because the medical evidence is lacking for substantial effect. Just because something is FDA approved doesn't mean its clinically useful. FDA cares much more about safety than efficacy. As long as stem cell injections are safe, even with minimal evidence of benefit, they can be approved. That's why there are a billion health supplements on the market. It's not because they are that beneficial. It's because they are safe.

Certainly if my living was dependent on the physical health of my muscles, tendons and joints, I'd try a whole lot of safe but dubious treatments to get better faster. Doesn't mean that it's a new revolution in science.

Seymour

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1nf9hyuf said:
"Peanuts"? The average American making $50,000 a year will bring in $2 million in a lifetime. What does Bennet make? ....about 4X that in a year! Let's put things in perspective.

It was a joke based on his wage whining prior to extension and "Plantars" peanuts. You do remember that correct?
BTW, the "average American" earns $32,000 per year anyway so your numbers are off a bit. ;)