Bennett Re-signed with Seahawks 4 years 28.5mil!

billio155

Reaction score
Hell yes!!!! Way to go John! Chi town, enjoy watching Cutler sulk for another another four years.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Clayton's numbers look more detailed. That's $8M/yr. The numbers that come out initially tend to be over-inflated.

pmedic920

Reaction score
tuhasu2u.jpg

GoHawks

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Everything is going as planned. Four years, around $32 million is what most were expecting. Everson Griffen, who has not been nearly as productive as Bennett, just signed a five-year, $42.5 million contract with $20 million guaranteed.

Now we have to hope that Bennett stays focused. His two best years have come in contract years. He was inconsistent before that, getting cut as a rookie and recording just six sacks in his first three seasons with Tampa Bay. His lack of effort in college hurt his initial draft stock.

drdiags

Reaction score
Here is other guesses at the amount

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN · 2m
Michael Bennett is going to get $16 million guaranteed in his $32 million deal

Michael Sawyer ‏@Michael_Sawyer · 4m
So 4/34 it seems. Over $8.5M per.

Getting Chicago involved got Bennett another $2M on the package vs the supposed $32M total originally thought to be the Seahawks original deal.

GCrow

Reaction score
I, for one, would not want to play a high stakes game of poker with John Schneider.

kf3339

Reaction score
I hope this show some posters to not get caught up in the process and make assumptions until actual facts are known. Personally I just waited until the real news came and am thrilled!

I always felt the odds were on our side.

chihawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1mcf4bld said:
Everything is going as planned. Four years, around $32 million is what most were expecting. Everson Griffen, who has not been nearly as productive as Bennett, just signed a five-year, $42.5 million contract with $20 million guaranteed.

Now we have to hope that Bennett stays focused. His two best years have come in contract years. He was inconsistent before that, getting cut as a rookie and recording just six sacks in his first three seasons with Tampa Bay. His lack of effort in college hurt his initial draft stock.

Great News! You would hope that the locker room and the same coaches as last year will keep him focused going forward. I know Red Bryant was a leader on the D-line, so hopefully the loss of him won't impact Bennett's performance/focus. Maybe time for Bennett to step up and fill that leadership void.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
What a huge re-signing. I was in the group that thought Bennett was about to get a big deal elsewhere.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I wanted to get Bennett and felt somewhere close to $8 million would be a good deal for both sides. I always worry when there are teams out there with tons of cap space, but luckily enough those worries were for naught. We got Bennett back and at a price that sounds like it's right on the mark. Great way to start the week

Latest posts