Best 2 Seahawk defenders right now.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Sherman shuts his man down every game and makes every tackle that comes his way. There is no doubt he is the best defender on the team. He is ridiculously good.

Bennett and Clark may be 2a and 2b.

nanomoz

Reaction score
KJ has played great, too. He never gets enough credit for being one of the best flat defenders in the league.

But, yeah, Sherman and Bennett. For sure. Kam and Clark aren't too far behind.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Not to derail the thread. But I find the varied responses intriguing. We can all identify a lot of players who aren't the two best, but have outstanding positional value of their own (Wagner, Wright, Lane, Kam).

These are the kinds of guys who were signed instead of retaining some of our veteran OL talent. When we pine for keeping OL players -- it's important to concede the other side of the coin. In this case the guys we're lauding here. Players who are among the best at their roles in this league.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
So far this year the two players who have jumped off the screen are Clark and Sherman.

Sherman's allowing something ridiculous like less than 10 yards a game receiving against him, he's LITERALLY a shut down corner, as in zilch.

And Clark can't be blocked right now on passing downs, he's so quick off the line.

I'm sure Bennett is more important overall to the D-line playing every down, but I gotta give Clark the props.

hawker84

Reaction score
One thing we can all agree on I suspect is, we have multiple players at every level of our D with special talent, dare I say elite talent. That makes for one solid and hard to game plan for defense.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
It's really hard to paste this nomination on to two players, as the Hawks defense has kept this team afloat so far. If I had to put my nomination on what I have seen so far, no doubt Sherman and Wagner. Only because of their tackling abilities. Those two seem to wrap up their targets like no other. Sherman has a keen sense of a run play, and always seems to be in good position to make a tackle. Wagner has been a beast and doesn't miss much either.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's hard to say just two players, those we see making plays do so a lot of times because others have did their jobs and that is where the ball goes or by tying up guys allow someone else to stand out, I think just DEFENSE shines as a unit is the best way to describe them.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Wagner is quietly returning to form.

Got to be a relief to Schneider after he paid him all that money.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vin.couve12":da5vd5x8 said:
Wagner and Kam for me.

Yeah, those two have bounced back in a big way from 2015.

Not to diminish Sherman, Bennett, or Clark. Pretty much everyone is playing lights out right now.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
RussB":1x484b28 said:
Kam has been on fire lately. Also wagner.
They were the two leading tacklers on this defense, the last time I saw the stats. I think Kam had a team-high 8 in the SF game alone.

McGruff

Reaction score
1. Richard Sherman
2a. Frank Clark
2b. Kam Chancellor
2c. Jarran Reed
2d. Michael Bennett

two dog

Reaction score
I'm not sure who the two BEST defenders are but the two who
have IMPRESSED me the most are:

Kam Chancellor, who is showing strong signs of his old fearsome self.
Bobby Wagner, who is rocketing into plays all over the field like an RPG.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
two dog":2fl0zjh9 said:
I'm not sure who the two BEST defenders are but the two who
have IMPRESSED me the most are:

Kam Chancellor, who is showing strong signs of his old fearsome self.
Bobby Wagner, who is rocketing into plays all over the field like an RPG.
Decker being out may improve our odds of success in covering WRs man to man, allowing Wagner more opportunities to blitz.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I have to agree if pressed to choose the top 2, Mike and Richard come to mind 1st, but I think things are on the verge of exploding with our defense, the are once again truly "The Legion of BOOM!!!", it's gonna get all kinds of interesting over the next couple of weeks. Earl, Kam, Chris, Jeremy could become top dog anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erebus

Reaction score
pacific101":ubqng8yn said:
I have to agree if pressed to choose the top 2, Mike and Richard come to mind 1st, but I think things are on the verge of exploding with our defense, the are once again truly "The Legion of BOOM!!!", it's gonna get all kinds of interesting over the next couple of weeks. Earl, Kam, Chris, Jeremy could become top dog anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's Chris?

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
Overseasfan":28nmlslm said:
The entire defense is really impressive. I have to agree on Sherm and Bennett though.

Other than Earl. He has been uncharacteristically bad so far. Slow, late on tackles, out of position and not playing with the edge he used to have. I think he got fat and rich and it shows.