Best Touchdown In Seahawks History

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Reading the comments on the video of Marshawn Lynch talking about Beastquake on NFL Films, I came across this:

"Should have showed the one where Marshawn won the Superbowl against the Patriots by running the ball into the endzone on the last play of the game".

Ouch.

Rat

Reaction score
This feels like asking for the best catch in Giants history.

Has to be Beastquake.

Jac

Reaction score
An older one would be Curt Warner sweep right against the Dolphins in the '83 playoffs. That's the game that started my obsession with the team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NJlargent":30jmx9oh said:
4 & 7 TD to Kearse in NFCCG against the niners. I think we lose that game if that ball fell incomplete. Second best play of that game.

Mine too

jlwaters1

Reaction score
NJlargent":1zktxui0 said:
4 & 7 TD to Kearse in NFCCG against the niners. I think we lose that game if that ball fell incomplete. Second best play of that game.

It's possible, but they were offsides so we had a free play on that one. I agree the 2 Kearse TD's in both NFC Championship games have to be in the conversation for top 10 most important TD's in Seahawks history.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
All great choices.

For me it is Beastquake. I wasn't even supposed to be at the game because my wife and I gave up our rights to the playoff game in our seats thinking, "Meh, they are 7-9. Not like they are going to beat the defending champs."

Whoops.

My buddy ended up getting two tickets so I went with him. That play will forever be etched in my mind as the single most fantastic, incredible, incomprehensible run I have ever seen in my life and will ever see in my life again. I truly thought the stadium was going to crash down. The vibration and noise was unparalleled. And it was the genesis that became our beloved Championship Era.

Runners up, definitely Kearse's TDs in the NFCCG's (both). Krieg to Skansi will always be a classic. Smith's Pick 6, Ryan's fake punt TD pass, on and on...

quadsas

Reaction score
I'll throw in the 2012 Bears OT drive. One of most vital touchdowns in the history.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
quadsas":2jh3kkzq said:
I'll throw in the 2012 Bears OT drive. One of most vital touchdowns in the history.

Great call! Russell's true coming out party and also one of the catalysts that launched the new era of championship football in Seattle.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":jowcff3b said:
Sherm's pick-6 against Houston that gave us a win in a game I was sure we'd lose. Changed season momentum, in my mind, and in a seriously important season!

Awesome choice, if Sherman doesn't make that play, we lose the game, don't get HFA or division, and maybe are playing the NFCCG on the road in San Fran.
Plus, isn't that the "Shoeless Dick Sherman!" play?

olyfan63

Reaction score
two dog":uq5p3niy said:
Dave Krieg hits Darryl Turner for an 80 yard TD on the first play of the game
striking dumb the loud Denver crowd at Mile-High.

But Paul Skansi in KC is the stuff of a novel.

Loved that bomb to Turner. Hawks even won that game, IN DENVER, IIRC.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jac":11n747nc said:
An older one would be Curt Warner sweep right against the Dolphins in the '83 playoffs. That's the game that started my obsession with the team.

Yet another awesome choice!! That O-Line and Curt almost made it look easy!

mrt144

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":22ccftha said:
Sherm's pick-6 against Houston that gave us a win in a game I was sure we'd lose. Changed season momentum, in my mind, and in a seriously important season!

That was a 'Team of Destiny' moment. Like no matter how bad they flubbed a game they always had a way to claw back into it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I haven’t read the whole thread yet but I’ll go with BeastQuake as best.

Because I saw it live,
The pick six by Sherman in Houston, remember he lost his shoe. That was an awesome moment.
It’s very likely that it was more awesome for me because of the overall situation.
That was the game that HoustonHawk and myself hosted the tailgate party here.
That game and party was one for the ages, and is one of my all time favorite Seahawk memories.

If you were there, it probably is for you too.

pmedic920

Reaction score
olyfan63":11dw8k3w said:
Ad Hawk":11dw8k3w said:

Awesome choice, if Sherman doesn't make that play, we lose the game, don't get HFA or division, and maybe are playing the NFCCG on the road in San Fran.

Yep.

You guys remember.
[youtube]ic3PI3EROwY[/youtube]

Not claiming it was an all time great but in the situation, and where our season was going, it definitely makes my list.

Edit.

I lost my shit, I went absolutely ballistic in the stands.
My wife had to calm me down as a couple of Texan fans were giving me the stink eye. Actually a ton of them were but two in particular were actually making threats.

Was an incredible feeling walking out of that stadium with the win, even if I had to watch over my shoulder the whole way.

Never did have any problems, and ultimately the Texan fans were great. Few even stopped by and helped us finish off our refreshments.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pmedic920":29avcaum said:
olyfan63":29avcaum said:
Ad Hawk":29avcaum said:

Yep.

You guys remember.
[youtube]ic3PI3EROwY[/youtube]

Not claiming it was an all time great but in the situation, and where our season was going, it definitely makes my list.

Edit.

I lost my shit, I went absolutely ballistic in the stands.
My wife had to calm me down as a couple of Texan fans were giving me the stink eye. Actually a ton of them were but two in particular were actually making threats.

Was an incredible feeling walking out of that stadium with the win, even if I had to watch over my shoulder the whole way.

Never did have any problems, and ultimately the Texan fans were great. Few even stopped by and helped us finish off our refreshments.

HE HAS FOLLOWERS, AND NOT JUST ON TWITTER

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":gpfwhxnh said:
The Best Hit poll did well, so let's try a new topic. What is the best touchdown (in your mind) in Seahawks History? No poll because touchdowns are so ubiquitous over the years. Think game-winning, think cuiture-changing, etc...What ya got?

I don't know about just one touchdown..how about a flurry of touchdowns from Alexander

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Alexander-sets-record-with-5-TDs-in-first-half-1097306.php

'Alexander soared to five first-half touchdowns -- an NFL record -- and the Seahawks scored 28 points in less than two minutes to effectively put away the Minnesota Vikings early in a record-setting display offensive firepower.

Also sort of fitting as to who we are playing this week :stirthepot: