Best Touchdown In Seahawks History

D

DomeHawk

Wilson to Kearse in OT NFCCG 2014 against GB to clinch the NFC because it was the culmination of a game ending miracle.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I haven't seen this one mentioned yet, but it's easily in my top 10. OK, I'll say, even top 5, for me, because it marked a turning point, the Pete Carroll era Seahawks D and LOB serving notice on the league, in a very loud and public way.

Brandon Browner's pick-6 in October 2011 against the NY Giants, in a 10am road game, that changed a sure Seahawks loss into a "did that just happen?" win, against the team that won the Super Bowl that year.

Why is it important? It was a culture-changer. It was a narrative-buster.
It was a rip-up-the-script moment, against a New York team.

It was the moment that said, "these are not Your Father's Seahawks."
It was Pete Carroll's second year in Seattle, the season following BeastQuake, and Seattle was not in the hunt for a playoff spot, and Russell Wilson was lighting it up for the Wisconsin Badgers, not yet a Seahawk. That Giants team went on to win the Super Bowl that year, beating Brady and the Patriots.

The script was, that yes, these pesky Seahawks had put up a decent battle, but now it was time for the clock to strike midnight for Cinderella while SB champion QB Eli Manning calmly marched the Giants in for the Game-winning touchdown. I was already disgusted thinking about the knob-slobbering over Eli and the Giants that the announcers would soon launch into. I mean, I was still disgusted from the Behring years. And then....

[youtube]pGNbekuclIA[/youtube]

Eli throws to Victor Cruz, who tries a one-handed catch, but then he sees Kam bearing down on him, pisses himself, and then the ball gets knocked up in the air, Browner snatches it, and goes 94 yards the other way for a TD. A 14-point swing in about 14 seconds of game clock.

Seattle won that game 36-25. For me, that game was the turning point, where the Seattle DEFENSE imposed their will on an opponent, on the road, in a 10am game.

So satisfying... instead of NY Media knob slobbering over Eli Manning and his late-game heroics, it was like the Seahawk D collectively grabbed the NY Media by the hair, yanked them around and said, "slobber over this instead."

An excerpt from a Danny Kelly FieldGulls article captures some of how I felt:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/1/23/27 ... he-defense
"Overall, my personal confidence level in the Seahawks defense is vastly superior to that of last year, obviously. Last year, the Seahawks were very consistently slower, less athletic, and overmatched at pretty much every position, and a slow feeling of dread would creep into my stomach every time they took the field. Not so this season.

For the most part, I felt very confident in what the defense could do this season and in a number of games, they imposed their will on teams. They were more physical, more athletic, and more nasty than their opponents at times. The produced turnovers - the Seahawks had 22 interceptions (12 last year), 13 forced fumbles and 9 recoveries. They scored 4 touchdowns.

I hope everyone enjoys that trip down memory lane with the same fondness and exhilaration I remember it with. Can't believe that TD hasn't been mentioned yet.

253hawk

Reaction score
acer1240":r195mqli said:
I may have the name wrong but Paul Skansi? The game Derrick Thomas had 7 sacks or something like that. I had turned the game off out of frustration.
I've never made that same mistake again. I watch until the bitter end

It was also our first win at Arrowhead in like 10 years. I was pretty young at the time, but I remember watching that whole game on TV.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I know this will never top the list but i think it deserves to be mentioned:

Nov. 4 1984 vs KC Chiefs, Kenny Easley picked off a pass from Sandy Osiecki and returned it 58 yards for the TD. This was the 4th interception returned for a TD by the defense in that game, which remains an NFL record for INTs returned for TD, and also set the NFL record for INT return yards at 325. Both records stand to this day and will likely stand for a very long time.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
olyfan63":36qg8okk said:
I haven't seen this one mentioned yet, but it's easily in my top 10. OK, I'll say, even top 5, for me, because it marked a turning point, the Pete Carroll era Seahawks D and LOB serving notice on the league, in a very loud and public way.

Brandon Browner's pick-6 in October 2011 against the NY Giants, in a 10am road game, that changed a sure Seahawks loss into a "did that just happen?" win, against the team that won the Super Bowl that year.

Why is it important? It was a culture-changer. It was a narrative-buster.
It was a rip-up-the-script moment, against a New York team.

It was the moment that said, "these are not Your Father's Seahawks."
It was Pete Carroll's second year in Seattle, the season following BeastQuake, and Seattle was not in the hunt for a playoff spot, and Russell Wilson was lighting it up for the Wisconsin Badgers, not yet a Seahawk. That Giants team went on to win the Super Bowl that year, beating Brady and the Patriots.

The script was, that yes, these pesky Seahawks had put up a decent battle, but now it was time for the clock to strike midnight for Cinderella while SB champion QB Eli Manning calmly marched the Giants in for the Game-winning touchdown. I was already disgusted thinking about the knob-slobbering over Eli and the Giants that the announcers would soon launch into. I mean, I was still disgusted from the Behring years. And then....

[youtube]pGNbekuclIA[/youtube]

Eli throws to Victor Cruz, who tries a one-handed catch, but then he sees Kam bearing down on him, pisses himself, and then the ball gets knocked up in the air, Browner snatches it, and goes 94 yards the other way for a TD. A 14-point swing in about 14 seconds of game clock.

Seattle won that game 36-25. For me, that game was the turning point, where the Seattle DEFENSE imposed their will on an opponent, on the road, in a 10am game.

So satisfying... instead of NY Media knob slobbering over Eli Manning and his late-game heroics, it was like the Seahawk D collectively grabbed the NY Media by the hair, yanked them around and said, "slobber over this instead."

An excerpt from a Danny Kelly FieldGulls article captures some of how I felt:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/1/23/27 ... he-defense
"Overall, my personal confidence level in the Seahawks defense is vastly superior to that of last year, obviously. Last year, the Seahawks were very consistently slower, less athletic, and overmatched at pretty much every position, and a slow feeling of dread would creep into my stomach every time they took the field. Not so this season.

For the most part, I felt very confident in what the defense could do this season and in a number of games, they imposed their will on teams. They were more physical, more athletic, and more nasty than their opponents at times. The produced turnovers - the Seahawks had 22 interceptions (12 last year), 13 forced fumbles and 9 recoveries. They scored 4 touchdowns.

I hope everyone enjoys that trip down memory lane with the same fondness and exhilaration I remember it with. Can't believe that TD hasn't been mentioned yet.

Awesome!!!!!!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I think without question Beastquake would win a voting poll. But the one TD that I think of when I'm considering 'Seahawks History' is Steve Largent's 100th. He was the FIRST receiver to get that many. It wasn't a flashy earthquake inducing TD, but it was historic. Largent brought respect to the franchise and the WR position.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wasn't a Touchdown, it was a Safety, the first play in Super Bowl 48, it set the tone for the 59 and a half minutes after, who would have thought 2 points could take the heart and soul of a team.

Touchdown have to go with Beastquake, there are so many others over 40 plus years that meant something but this was one that started our run of dominance and woke up the NFL as well as the Country that the Seahawks were no longer a team in Egypt.

seabowl

Reaction score
Lynch plowing through the Pats D to win XLIX!!!

Oh wait....

evergreen

Reaction score
Beastquake is the best touchdown ever so that’s kinda obvious. One no one mentioned one that I love is Sherman’s blocked field goal for a td. I think big Red blocked it. But that came after the best hit of all time. Kam on VD. We suffer them and forced that field goal. That was a Sunday night game Christmas present! Game three of our 150 points in three games historic run that let us know we were better than anybody.
Agree with both Kearse catches in NFCCGs. Especially that 4th and 7. Our cable went out at Sun Mountain and we had to go to ESPN game fast to find out what was going on for that play.
Percy’s return and Malcolm’s returns were also so awesome. John Ryan’s td in the NFCCG too.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
stang233":2eqrzxhi said:
For me. Smith SB 48.

Harvin SB 48 finally knew it was over.

Kams pick 6

I would second Smith in SB too....

We were only up 15-0 and Denver was driving around our 40 yard line before half to make it a one possession game. He INTS that makes it 22-0 and basically seals the franchises first super bowl win. Then Harvin slammed the door shut at any chance

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawknight":qq5iwpqz said:
Aros":qq5iwpqz said:
The Best Hit poll did well, so let's try a new topic. What is the best touchdown (in your mind) in Seahawks History? No poll because touchdowns are so ubiquitous over the years. Think game-winning, think cuiture-changing, etc...What ya got?

I don't know about just one touchdown..how about a flurry of touchdowns from Alexander

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Alexander-sets-record-with-5-TDs-in-first-half-1097306.php

'Alexander soared to five first-half touchdowns -- an NFL record -- and the Seahawks scored 28 points in less than two minutes to effectively put away the Minnesota Vikings early in a record-setting display offensive firepower.

Also sort of fitting as to who we are playing this week :stirthepot:

This was the first NFL game I went to ...Will never forget it...Was pissed he didnt get another TD in the 2nd half