Best writer on .Net

knownone

Reaction score
Are we talking pure writing ability and content produced or knowledge of the game?

I really liked Kearly but the dude wrote so much that he’d have some legitimately awful takes on everything. For instance, he was one of the leaders of the Marshawn Lynch doesn’t fit the Seahawks offense movement, back in 2010. Those debates were so painfully obvious that I still remember them. Obviously, this kind of thing is bound to happen when you put yourself out there as much as he did.

Looking back I think a lot of these guys were just trying to create a brand for themselves or their blog. Definitely hall of fame worthy given the impact they had but no more intellectual than the rest of us plebs.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":re90f6qh said:
Are we talking pure writing ability and content produced or knowledge of the game?

I really liked Kearly but the dude wrote so much that he’d have some legitimately awful takes on everything. For instance, he was one of the leaders of the Marshawn Lynch doesn’t fit the Seahawks offense movement, back in 2010. Those debates were so painfully obvious that I still remember them. Obviously, this kind of thing is bound to happen when you put yourself out there as much as he did.

Looking back I think a lot of these guys were just trying to create a brand for themselves or their blog. Definitely hall of fame worthy given the impact they had but no more intellectual than the rest of us plebs.

There were X and O's guys, there were evaluation guys, there were guys that were funny and had insight, there were guys that had a ear for the business end, Hawkstorian I didn't have on the list but he was a major contributor to Cap and Roster turnover and history as well.

Kearly also thought Baldwin was a bust when we brought him in, challenging him was a aspect he didn't handle well. That doesn't diminish his content and contribution however.

Jammerhawk and Jville could be added for what they do as well as far as roster Churn and then you have Moses who is way off of the rails as far as what he contributes and has for years.

Ozzy

Reaction score
knownone":zza6g0ie said:

You make a valid point. Some of the most respected writers earned that role because they were friends with many of the posters, not necessarily on the basis of what they wrote. A few of the guys listed had some bizarre takes and sometimes it got more bizarre the more they heard how great they were. But I also think being willing to put yourself out there and go against the norm is something to be admired as well. The best posters in my opinion post without trying to gain a following or make a name for themselves. I can put names here when I get a chance.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
austinslater25":fc2uiuga said:
1. Myself
2. Siouxhawk
3. Fender

Never seen the 3 of you in the same room

Just saying...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1hhd807z said:
knownone":1hhd807z said:

There were X and O's guys, there were evaluation guys, there were guys that were funny and had insight, there were guys that had a ear for the business end, Hawkstorian I didn't have on the list but he was a major contributor to Cap and Roster turnover and history as well.

Kearly also thought Baldwin was a bust when we brought him in, challenging him was a aspect he didn't handle well. That doesn't diminish his content and contribution however.

Jammerhawk and Jville could be added for what they do as well as far as roster Churn and then you have Moses who is way off of the rails as far as what he contributes and has for years.
I haven't been here so long to know all the good ones so I'm going
Kip,Scottmojo and Vin..
As for Kearly I have seen where he will admit he was wrong about
a certain player.
Nobody is right all the time on this board..Also take in consideration
that these guys post so much more than somebody like myself so
it's easy to be a critic when your not in their shoes.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":xjmh7wm0 said:
chris98251":xjmh7wm0 said:
knownone":xjmh7wm0 said:

Kip,Scottmojo and Vin..
a certain player.

Not to get into it much but Kearly didn't want to have to support his arguments he wanted people just to read them like a article with his take.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":oceo1e36 said:
IndyHawk":oceo1e36 said:
chris98251":oceo1e36 said:
knownone":oceo1e36 said:

Kip,Scottmojo and Vin..
a certain player.

Not to get into it much but Kearly didn't want to have to support his arguments he wanted people just to read them like a article with his take.
Yes I understand but how many articles did he post that needed one?I didn't see many..
But to be fair I didn't see them all..One last thing ..He posted under "Kip's tibits" correct?
Another fancy way of saying opinion..You could do same ..I'm not going argue with your
opinion..Anyway it's good..Maybe I should have posted this instead ..

Cyrus12

Reaction score
chris98251":20r52b1e said:
IndyHawk":20r52b1e said:
chris98251":20r52b1e said:
knownone":20r52b1e said:

Kip,Scottmojo and Vin..
a certain player.

This^ ...well written but did not like people questioning.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Doug Farrar & Kearly.

Anguish, before he got to the point of wanting to throat-punch everyone on .NET; so like 20 years ago now.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Best pure writer? Scottemojo.

Best content: Kearly, Pehawk, Rotak, EnglishSeahawk.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3edr3jo4 said:
The Tabs

Dfarrar

Scottmojo

Kearly

The Waterboy

Sutz when he was active early on would give some in depth thoughts

Steve Harper would write up some good thoughts, his issue was defending them if you disagreed, really hated Holmgren
for his lack of defense knowledge.

Tex for a while, he was funny also

Les, but you had to be in the shack to really enjoy him. Or his email list, that doesn't even include the person he was.

Barbarann

Fudd had a few moments as well

Sharkhawk

There are more but this mind blast of going back and remembering all the names and then with movement people changing their names.

Hawkstorian, added after I read some more, I was more focused on guys from the past and your still here :)

Good comprehensive list from all the years. My favs would be:

The Tabs
The Waterboy
Kearly
Aros
and begrudgingly, Dfarrar (he was always so full of himself, still is, but boy could he write).

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Those are some good choices.

I have always loved the draftnicks so

English
Kearley
McGruff
Vin.couver
Scottee

Stick out as bringing great contributions to the table.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pmedic920

Reaction score
rjdriver":202pdref said:
Scottmojo, shark hawk, BFS, Pe.........soooooooo many to list. There’s been some great ones and there continues to be.

Donkospurt obviously as well.

I get the joke but you really should clarify the reason behind the humor.

Too many won’t understand and will think you’re actually placing the all in the same category.

There’s a distinct difference in entertainment and quality football content.

Donkospurt was pure entertainment without solid, or any football knowledge.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hopefully y’all recognize the recurrence of theme.

There are fairly tangible reasons the best posters are no longer here.

Bottom line is, this community is what we (all of us) make it.

YMMV

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":10om20nn said:

YMMV

No why don't you tell us, I was here and seen them come and go and it was not for the same reasons.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":39xmqntq said:
pmedic920":39xmqntq said:

YMMV

No why don't you tell us, I was here and seen them come and go and it was not for the same reasons.

The theme is that most of the list aren’t here anymore.

I didn’t say the reasons were the same.

Always gunna be folks that choose to be contrary, or those that like to pick fights, right Chris?

As mentioned about Kip, it’s not uncommon for “writers” to not want to debate their opinions, others will defend themselves with vigor that overstep the rules, both ends of that spectrum are not conducive to what the community of .Net is.

This isn’t the best place to write long articles full of opinions if your not up too debating and defending your stance, and based on our rules, it’s not the place where you can say anything you want to say, unless you can get creative with wording.

So yes, you’re correct in that the reasons aren’t the same, they are in fact varied.